Legendary fish-Mossy Moses

I recommend going next to Devil's Anvil on the Tortuga side, or near the cluster of rocks in between the SvS Isles. I've caught tons of Legendary Fish around those places.

I caught Mossy in between two rocks in the SVS area. Here is a picture of my catch!

screenshot_2012-03-29_20-59-24.jpg

This gigantic fish is so slow and easy-going that seaweed, barnacles and even a treasure chest and a few shipwreck parts have accumulated on its back. He is absolutely huge, and usually hangs out between Tortuga and Devil's Anvil and the Privateering arena, but can also be found anywhere. He is the fattest fish to ever roam the Caribbean. Mossy's size makes him easy to hold onto but he takes much longer to wear out and bring in. You can haul some fish up at 30ft or even 50ft, but you have to reel Mossy all the way in to 0 ft. So, be prepared for a long fight. Many pirates find the struggle stage of this fish very tough so be warned. Mossy's scales pay 1,500 gold pieces when you bring him inland.

I found Mossy Moses on Abassa in various area's the tip I found is:

1. Cast your reel to the ocean bottom when on a fishing boat
2. Collect/remove 5 large fish from the bottom
3. BOOM your legendary fish will arrive sometimes it's Mossy Moses

I just caught him off of Padres! First ever Legendary Fish for me. Sadly missed out on Fog Bell about an hour before.

Screenshot (44).png

Back