Question Legendary items are too easy to get!

SheldonMenez

Dockworker
Legendary items should represent the hardest items to get for the very few. They should be as rare as the Navy Dragoon's Bayonet. What fun is left in the game otherwise? I mean it took me all of 3 days playing 8 hours a day to get the new "legendary" grenade that like 20 other people have already. Legendary items need to be LEGENDARY. When 300 of your 400-500 player base have a silver freeze and some kind legendary sword, are they really that rare? It's not fun seeing people running around with the same "legendary" swords everywhere. I feel this needs to be addressed.

No i think the current drop rates are perfect as they are. if you make them too rare then people will get frustrated and move on, if you make them too easy to find then people will get bored of searching for them and move on. You have to find balance and I think TLOPO has done that. Also the grenade that you found was intended to have a higher drop rate to compensate since there was only a single month to loot it. As for being as rare as the Navy Dragoon's Bayonet, i dont think a single person would have a legendary if that were the case.

Legendary items should represent the hardest items to get for the very few. They should be as rare as the Navy Dragoon's Bayonet. What fun is left in the game otherwise? I mean it took me all of 3 days playing 8 hours a day to get the new "legendary" grenade that like 20 other people have already. Legendary items need to be LEGENDARY. When 300 of your 400-500 player base have a silver freeze and some kind legendary sword, are they really that rare? It's not fun seeing people running around with the same "legendary" swords everywhere. I feel this needs to be addressed.
Clearly there are some inconsistencies because I have yet to find a Legendary blade. I've played since 2007 and never found a Legendary in the original game either. My pirate is Lv50. To give you a perspective on time, I played the Raven's Cove Quest when it came out a year and a half ago. It's taken that long and I have yet to find a Legendary.

Also, consider the total hours you played. You played eight hours across three days which means you spent 24 hours altogether searching for said weapon. That is an enormously huge amount of play-time. In my personal opinion, the drop rate is perfect. Some people get lucky and some don't.

If you consider that your playtime to get that grenade may have been an outlier, then the rate for legendaries looks reasonable. During this Hallowed Woods event I very easily logged 300 hours over those two months and got nothing to show for it, which is over 12 times longer than it took for you to get the grenade. Of course, I consider myself an outlier too here, but I personally consider around 100 hours on average to be a good estimate of the drop rate and overall a balanced amount of time given most people can't dedicate that much time to the game in a short amount of time.

Yeah, I agree with what the two people said above me. You mentioned that you played for 8 hours straight over a 3 day period. Most people can't afford that amount of constant playtime. I have legendaries, but only 4 and of those 4, 2 are lost sword and silver freeze. So, I only really have 2 "super rare" ones. I work full time and go to school part-time every day. I don't have time to play for 3 days straight at 8 hours a day. It is just impossible for me. I am sure other people can relate to my situation. So, with this being said, I think the drop rates are fair. Also, other people (like the person a little above me) don't even have a legendary when they've been playing since 2007 or 2008. Therefore, it is fair. They are extremely rare in my opinion.

I should of gotten jack sparrow's blade a while ago if legendaries are too easy to get heck there are players who can't seem to find even one, plus it's just a game if legendaries were as rare as the label implies most players would either quit or complain.

I'm gonna assume you are referring too both silver freeze and patron, as both are in the same boat of being the most common legendary dagger and sword respectively. The reason these 2 seem so common is because you can get them anywhere. Because you can be looting anywhere (with an exception of a select few bosses) and get these, even from sailing it makes them common for people who don't only loot.

I believe the drop rate is fine for their power level, as most legendaries can be beat out by Barracuda Blade or other famed cursed blades.

I mean it took me all of 3 days playing 8 hours a day to get the new "legendary" grenade that like 20 other people have already
We nerfed the drop rate of the Storm Sphere because Hollowed Woods is a seasonal event. We wanted to make it so players had a more reasonable opportunity to obtain the new weapon.

This is no secret either, there were several extensive discussions on the forums about this and we have commented on the Storm Sphere drop calculation in great detail already. We also commented on this in our release notes and on our news blog.

Now, that said, we did have a few issues on launch where the drop rate was too high. We released an emergency update almost immediately fixing the issue, ensuring the integrity of the drop rates and to make it so this weapon did not become under valued.

We did not take the weapons away from those who earned them in that short period. So this is likely why you saw an inflated amount so early on in the event. If you were a player online during the first few hours of the event and received the legendary, congrats you got a freebie on us. It was our mistake, and we fixed it practically instantly.

When 300 of your 400-500 player base have a silver freeze and some kind legendary sword, are they really that rare?
Many of these players have been playing for years, and have spent years looting their inventories. The drop rates are rare enough as it is, there are people on the game who have looted every singe day for years and still haven't gotten a single legendary.

Also, Silver Freeze is an unfair example. Disney had decided to make this weapon easily discoverable from Foulberto Smasho; and because we are using the same drop rates as Disney, this is still the case today. In the grand scheme of things, I don't think this is that big of a deal.

There are 26 legendary weapons available in TLOPO, and it would only feel natural if we had certain legendary weapons easier to find than others. Because of this, I'd consider Silver Freeze a good "starter" legendary weapon. To me, I just think "So what that it's easy to find? It's the 'cheap' one compared to the rest." Especially since the other legendary weapons that are more powerful are much, much harder to find.

Legendary items are not easy to get at all! Not many players have the time or interest to grind for 8 solid hours three consecutive days. For those who play all or at least many aspects of the game, rather than simply grinding away repeatedly in search of legendary swords, it takes forever to get a legendary. Rather than adjusting drop rates, I'd encourage players to become more well rounded to other fun things in tlopo!

We live in a strange time where we have threads popping up saying that legendaries are too easy to get at the same time other threads are appearing saying that legendaries are too hard to get. Mood Rock is really dead
I think I have many of the same feelings that you see in threads on both sides of this topic. I’ve seen lots of examples of both people getting way more legendaries than seems possible and people getting none for more than a year even though it would seem that they looted just as much as those who got more than would seem right. This has made me suspect a bug but there are many that say no the rng is just that way and developers have said that they are certain everything is fine and that there’s no bug/s. In terms of land looting I’ve no evidence of anything wrong but as you say we see threads saying the opposite thing on the same subject and I kind of agree with both sides, I’ve seen them be too common for some and impossible to get for others. What does it all mean? I’m not sure.

On the subject of sailing loot however I have fairly recently seen a resurgence of the loot bug that causes two things: 1) skull chests to be missing 2) your loot to be much better than it should be. This bug is only a source of the two legendaries that can be found sailing but your chance of finding them if you somehow get this bug is very high and so this bug is a possible reason, but not the only one, that some think legendaries are too easy to get.

i dont even have the silver freeze yet my first legendary was el patron my first proper legendary after many months of grinding was the sapphire curse and that took me atleast a few months of constant grinding iv not seen a legendary sence sadly

i dont even have the silver freeze yet my first legendary was el patron my first proper legendary after many months of grinding was the sapphire curse and that took me atleast a few months of constant grinding iv not seen a legendary sence sadly
It took me 3months of constant grinding to get the Sapphire Course, it seemed very satisfying and a reasonable experience overall but since then I quickly picked up the Ruby Course with no grinding at all and then went 12 months, 11 grinding Remmy, with finding zero legendaries of any kind until very recently I got the Silver Freeze from the sailing bug, which I consider a bit of a cheat.

It took me 3months of constant grinding to get the Sapphire Course, it seemed very satisfying and a reasonable experience overall but since then I quickly picked up the Ruby Course with no grinding at all and then went 12 months, 11 grinding Remmy, with finding zero legendaries of any kind until very recently I got the Silver Freeze from the sailing bug, which I consider a bit of a cheat.
yeah thats how i got my el patron via sailing was working on remmy myself but got bored of the game wanted to go after one of the other few curses soon after but welp that did not progress very well untill i get backk at the game again

No i think the current drop rates are perfect as they are. if you make them too rare then people will get frustrated and move on, if you make them too easy to find then people will get bored of searching for them and move on. You have to find balance and I think TLOPO has done that. Also the grenade that you found was intended to have a higher drop rate to compensate since there was only a single month to loot it. As for being as rare as the Navy Dragoon's Bayonet, i dont think a single person would have a legendary if that were the case.

considering I’ve been trying to loot a single legendary for 2 years in potco and 2 years whenever I come on in tlopo... still nothing.. I think the drop rate is fine lol. Consider yourself just lucky brother!

There are 26 legendary weapons available in TLOPO, and it would only feel natural if we had certain legendary weapons easier to find than others.
26?!
1. Lost Sword of El Patron
2. Silver Freeze
3. Silver Striker
4. Dark Whisper
5. Soul's Shadow
6. The Soulweaver
7. Devil's Claw
8. The Storm Sphere
9. Calypso's Radiance
10. Jack Sparrow's Blade
11. Mercer's Pistol