Weapons Legendary Weapon Tier List

Beggar

Pirate Master
This is a simplified ranking of every known legendary weapon in The Legend of Pirates Online by their power and utility in enemy combat, boss combat, and PVP. The weapons are ranked with respect to how well they excel at their niche. This list does not account for the desirability or rarity of the weapon. Weapons within a tier are not ordered.

Anyone who would like to dispute these rankings is encouraged to do so.

As of 3/25/20

1585169199934.png

Last edited:
This is a simplified ranking of every known legendary weapon in The Legend of Pirates Online by their power and utility in enemy combat, boss combat, and PVP. The weapons are ranked with respect to how well they excel at their niche. This list does not account for the desirability or rarity of the weapon.

S: Lost Blade of Leviathan

A: World Eater Blade, Thunderspine Sword, Mercer's Pistol, Dark Whisper

B: Krakenslayer, Blade of the Abyss, Cursed Blade of Yore, Beckett's Pistol, Soul's Shadow, The Sapphire Curse

C: Devil's Claw, Jack Sparrow's Blade, The Emerald Curse, The Soulweaver

D: The Ruby Curse, The Onyx Curse, Behemoth Blade,

F: Lost Sword of El Patron

F-: Silver Freeze
I agree.

This is a simplified ranking of every known legendary weapon in The Legend of Pirates Online by their power and utility in enemy combat, boss combat, and PVP. The weapons are ranked with respect to how well they excel at their niche. This list does not account for the desirability or rarity of the weapon.

S: Lost Blade of Leviathan

A: World Eater Blade, Thunderspine Sword, Mercer's Pistol, Dark Whisper, Soul's Shadow

B: Krakenslayer, Blade of the Abyss, Cursed Blade of Yore, Beckett's Pistol, The Sapphire Curse

C: Devil's Claw, Jack Sparrow's Blade, The Emerald Curse, The Soulweaver

D: The Ruby Curse, The Onyx Curse, Behemoth Blade, Silver Striker

F: Lost Sword of El Patron

F-: Silver Freeze

Edits: moved Soul's Shadow from B to A tier.
NERF them ALL!! Way too powerful.

Onyx Curse seems to be a good one for lower level pirates just getting into looting considering the boss is one of the easier to eliminate as well as the sword being underpowered by others standards. I would put it in F as well.

I stand by Silver Striker being better than Devil's Claw. Claw has weaker attack power and its Sure Footed and Brawl boosts have a lot less purpose than Striker's voodoo damage which can be used against commonly-looted bosses like Jimmy Legs and the twins. Claw's parry boost is fairly helpful but I think that overall, a cleave boost is more useful in terms of PVE. I also think Jack Sparrow's Blade, despite the nerf, is still rather overlooked. As much as I don't know why it's even there, that powerful rank 3 goes fairly unnoticed. I've talked to quite a few Sapphire owners and most of them say it's fairly underwhelming once you ignore the looks of the sword and the time put into finding it.

I stand by Silver Striker being better than Devil's Claw. Claw has weaker attack power and its Sure Footed and Brawl boosts have a lot less purpose than Striker's voodoo damage which can be used against commonly-looted bosses like Jimmy Legs and the twins. Claw's parry boost is fairly helpful but I think that overall, a cleave boost is more useful in terms of PVE. I also think Jack Sparrow's Blade, despite the nerf, is still rather overlooked. As much as I don't know why it's even there, that powerful rank 3 goes fairly unnoticed. I've talked to quite a few Sapphire owners and most of them say it's fairly underwhelming once you ignore the looks of the sword and the time put into finding it.
I think I agree that Striker is a touch better than Claw, but I stand by my placement of Sapphire. People overlook Pain Immunity.

I think I agree that Striker is a touch better than Claw, but I stand by my placement of Sapphire. People overlook Pain Immunity.
Back in POTCO, people ranted and raved about Doom Rattler because of its pain immunity. Now I hear nothing about it. I just assumed that it currently wasn't functional in TLOPO since all the hubbub about it went away. Plus, if this is in terms of PVP, I imagine it's a lot harder to land sabre combos than cutlass combos while jumping around.

Back in POTCO, people ranted and raved about Doom Rattler because of its pain immunity. Now I hear nothing about it. I just assumed that it currently wasn't functional in TLOPO since all the hubbub about it went away. Plus, if this is in terms of PVP, I imagine it's a lot harder to land sabre combos than cutlass combos while jumping around.
Pain itself doesn't work in pvp. I prefer to weigh each weapon's quality as if all its stats worked properly. That was part of why I stuck up for Devil's Claw.

Pain itself doesn't work in pvp. I prefer to weigh each weapon's quality as if all its stats worked properly. That was part of why I stuck up for Devil's Claw.
Beggar. May I ask if all your discussions about weapon balance is almost exclusively pertaining to PVP battle? Because then it would make perfect sense. Balance would be very important for PVP, whereas like I've maintained, a weapon balance in PVE is a non issue across weapon inventory.

If my first question is a yes, that would explain your requesting a nerfing of almost every item introduced in sight. And I would concur in most cases. And it also explains my disconnect with your concepts about weapon balance.

However, nerfing a weapon when it also effects the pve community isn't fair or the solution. PVP issues should not be allowed to effect other aspects of the gaming community who do not partake in PVP. And vis versa.

I have updated this again after further testing with The Soulweaver, Calypso's Radiance, Beckett's Pistol, and Mercer's Pistol.

• Some quick notes: Beckett's Pistol appears to be overall the more powerful gun compared to Mercer's Pistol. It one-shot kills level 38-45 tormenta enemies 30% more often, and kills Cicatriz (on average) 3 seconds quicker. Admittedly, the difference in times-to-kill on Cicatriz is not significant. All else held equal, it still appears that Beckett's is either as good of a choice or a better choice than Mercer's in all situations.
  • Calypso's Radiance and The Soulweaver are about equal in damage and healing capabilities. However, I grand Soulweaver the edge because of the additional offensive and defensive utility one can gain from switching to other weapons after activating Watcher's Visage.

Last edited:
I have updated this again after further testing with The Soulweaver, Calypso's Radiance, Beckett's Pistol, and Mercer's Pistol.

• Some quick notes: Beckett's Pistol appears to be overall the more powerful gun compared to Mercer's Pistol. It one-shot kills level 38-45 tormenta enemies 30% more often, and kills Cicatriz (on average) 3 seconds quicker. Admittedly, the difference in times-to-kill on Cicatriz is not significant. All else held equal, it still appears that Beckett's is either as good of a choice or a better choice than Mercer's in all situations.
  • Calypso's Radiance and The Soulweaver are about equal in damage and healing capabilities. However, I grand Soulweaver the edge because of the additional offensive and defensive utility one can gain from switching to other weapons after activating Watcher's Visage.
I cry for mercers.
But thanks for the explanation

I cry for mercers.
But thanks for the explanation
I think it’s fair to assume that Mercer’s is by far the better choice against skeletons but Beggar doesn’t count Skeletons. I also think the 2 guns should be very similar against all other enemies, they are identical on paper, and am not shocked but a little surprised that Beggar’s tests show that to be untrue.

I think it’s fair to assume that Mercer’s is by far the better choice against skeletons but Beggar doesn’t count Skeletons. I also think the 2 guns should be very similar against all other enemies, they are identical on paper, and am not shocked but a little surprised that Beggar’s tests show that to be untrue.
Mercer's is the better choice for skeletons, but there are very few skeletons that can withstand a fully charged silver shot from either weapon.

I think it’s fair to assume that Mercer’s is by far the better choice against skeletons but Beggar doesn’t count Skeletons. I also think the 2 guns should be very similar against all other enemies, identical on paper, and am not shocked but a little surprised that Beggar’s tests show that to be untrue.
Yeah I always say "just wait till tlopo adds jolly roger skeleton island" or whatever as a meme, but honestly i've only got my eyes on Cicatriz as a boss legend i need currently. Whichever pistol helps me kill her more efficiently is the one i need.

How come Mercer's is at a rank below Beckett's on the tier list? It's my understanding that Mercer's does more damage. Additionally, now that I'm looking, I would consider ranking those two pistols higher due to their much higher damage output to non-human single targets compared to swords.

Last edited:
Back