Weapons Legendary Weapon Tier List

Abyss at full charge kills bosses faster than any other sword by a significant margin. It has no boosts to combo moves. HOP is Abyss except with boosts to thrust and bladestorm. It is the most powerful sword released in either game by far.
wowee that's a lot of damage. I personally didn't know how strong HOP was since I never had it or played when it was in the game, but now i definitely agree with that rating lol.

Assuming we are using rank 5 take aim and rank 5 steel shot as a base and mercer's will not be critting:
R1A = 96.25 for steel
A = 85 both guns
C, P = 0 since no critical hits nor powerful ability ranks for either gun
Mercer's Pistol: Rank 8 Take Aim and Rank 5 Steel Shot gives S1=2.5 and S2=2
Beckett's Pistol: Rank 5 Take Aim and Rank 8 Steel Shot gives S1=2 and S2=2.5

Minimum damage when using a full take aim meter (hence the times 3):

Mercer's Damage: D=1.5*(26.5+96 + 0.5*0)*2.5*2*(1 + .005 * 85)*3 = 3927.65
Beckett's Damage: D=1.5*(26.5+96 + 0.5*0)*2*2.5*(1 + .005 * 85)*3 = 3927.65

Perhaps @Beggar can confirm this since he has both weapons, but clearly one can see that they do the same damage in this case; but the specific question is if they don't use full take aim. The full story with the take aim ability is that it is a multiplier from 1 to 3 depending on how long you hold the aim, maxing out at 3 when full. The increase of the multiplier as the aiming technique is used is approximately linear, meaning that you will get the same proportion of multiplier increase relative to how filled the meter is. So, a half filled meter half the bonus damage which would be a multiplier of 2.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how full the take aim ability because both guns (when using steel shot) will deal the exact same damage when both aimed the same amount because they will both deal the same base damage * whatever the particular take aim multiplier is in the test. So no, Mercer's does not need to be aimed longer in order to do the same damage as Beckett's in this scenario.
OK, I’ve always thought, like you, that at full take aim the two guns are the same. My whole point was that with no take aim and steel Beckett’s is superior, and so can be shot more rapidly. I certainly never meant to disagree with or dispute your calculations.

Abyss at full charge kills bosses faster than any other sword by a significant margin. It has no boosts to combo moves. HOP is Abyss except with boosts to thrust and bladestorm. It is the most powerful sword released in either game by far.
Huh, what is abyss

OK, I’ve always thought, like you, that at full take aim the two guns are the same. My whole point was that with no take aim and steel Beckett’s is superior, and so can be shot more rapidly. I certainly never meant to disagree with or dispute your calculations.
Ah ok I guess I misunderstood you before. I totally agree with you here.
Mercer's definitely loses out in the steel shot + shoot attack, but that's a pretty poor way to use pistols imo.
You might as well just use WEB or Magma Blunderbuss with bane shot or throw explosives with the Pumpkin Grenade as those are similar DPS. Point being that it is just a bad way to use those pistols, let alone pistols in general, so I don't really consider that to be anything special that it has over Mercer's.

Believe it or not, I may have to say that World Eater is not in the same tier as Thunderspine and Mercer's anymore. WEB is still an amazing sword but it seems a lot less useful in this game than it did in POTCO now that more bosses are being handled by groups where offense matters way more than defense.

I'm actually quite surprised that Soul's Shadow hasn't been bumped up to the same tier as Thunderspine and Mercer's. S'sS sports a nearly identical damage to T-Spine, the same Critical Strike rank, and one less point to Thrust (Jumping Slash). However, it does gain in the circumstance that it is a broadsword (with broadsword's currently top tier damage vs. area of effect comparison) and Dark Curse also carries a little bit more utility to Shock Sweep in quite a few circumstances.

While not being identical, the two break attacks also boast a similar charge time.

I'm actually quite surprised that Soul's Shadow hasn't been bumped up to the same tier as Thunderspine and Mercer's. S'sS sports a nearly identical damage to T-Spine, the same Critical Strike rank, and one less point to Thrust (Jumping Slash). However, it does gain in the circumstance that it is a broadsword (with broadsword's currently top tier damage vs. area of effect comparison) and Dark Curse also carries a little bit more utility to Shock Sweep in quite a few circumstances.

While not being identical, the two break attacks also boast a similar charge time.
Dark curse is a substantially better ability than shock sweep.

Shock sweep can deal a ton of damage but it takes way to long to charge (I timed it at 7 minutes at palifico 1on1)

It's because of how well each sword compares to others of its type and the norms of PvP. Thunderspine is the best cutlass, but Soul's Shadow is (in my opinion) only the third best broadsword. The institution of cutlass v cutlass pvp is also so strong that I consider a sword's ability to excel at it to be one of this game's weapon "niches" in the same way that a weapon's ability to clear a gold room is a niche.

Last edited:
Believe it or not, I may have to say that World Eater is not in the same tier as Thunderspine and Mercer's anymore. WEB is still an amazing sword but it seems a lot less useful in this game than it did in POTCO now that more bosses are being handled by groups where offense matters way more than defense.
nah fam, it's even more useful now that bosses are a thing.

So all the swords ranks are kinda bunk now due to a recent update that changed the base hit values of Sabres, cutlasses, and broadswords. After a decent amount of time they’ll be updated.

So all the swords ranks are kinda bunk now due to a recent update that changed the base hit values of Sabres, cutlasses, and broadswords. After a decent amount of time they’ll be updated.
was this confirmed to be an actual thing that happened? like confirmed by tlopo? my guess was that we all somehow missed this, though im pretty sure something did change it. perhaps the damage number change that buffed all weapons affected this, that happened decently long ago but not too long.

was this confirmed to be an actual thing that happened? like confirmed by tlopo? my guess was that we all somehow missed this, though im pretty sure something did change it. perhaps the damage number change that buffed all weapons affected this, that happened decently long ago but not too long.
All good questions. Once we have answers we can talk about how weapons should be reranked.

The base attack damage seems to be consistent with the charts I've had in the past and they seem to still be dealing the correct amount of damage, not sure what you're referring to.

The base attack damage seems to be consistent with the charts I've had in the past and they seem to still be dealing the correct amount of damage, not sure what you're referring to.
A5D091C8-B2B9-4924-A0AA-C9E5B5AF8A33.jpeg

Couple guildmates put this together a while ago using combo spam on Crash. Would be interesting if you got different results.

While player submitted ranking speculations are always fun, I'll just wait for the definitive ranking from the dev/staff who know the eal codings should they ever feel the need to create one. The ones now are informative though.

While player submitted ranking speculations are always fun, I'll just wait for the definitive ranking from the dev/staff who know the eal codings should they ever feel the need to create one. The ones now are informative though.
oh no, I'd never claim that this is a definitive ranking. This list accounts for how well each weapon suits TLOPO's gameplay norms. It must thus be necessarily subjective since those gameplay norms are solely a product of what players think is fun to do.

Back