Request Let Your Voice Be Heard!

New ship either the sotl or the carrack I know the sotl is a controversial ship but I want an endgame ship I'm tired of seeing all the war brigs it's about 80 percent on the ocean is what I see so I wouldn't mind a new class of ship I know the sotl is in the files and needs some work and I know the carrack is on the QA servers and is still in the works just need a new ship for sailing

Bear with me, I have a lot of ideas, please read! :D thanks!

• Higher level enemy ships, higher level enemy flagships with much stronger crew and better reward such as 1-3 guaranteed look skull for successful defeat. New sailing items.
  • Legendary staff(s)!
  • Higher level enemy ai, which doesn't mean bosses. What would be WAY more fun is the equivalent to KH Marching Grounds for level 50 pirates, but harder. Areas of large, majoritively mobile (so unlike Spout/Urchinfist), high level enemy ai with high aggro, that you couldn't dare venture to without a good amount of high lvl pirate help, and where low levels cannot exist due to difficulty. Honestly this is the type of place where you'd place 2 new legendary staff in the pool whilst avoiding adding more boss farming, getting one would greatly help your team, being after the second!
  • AOE for land enemy ai!! Palifico's sweep should damage all nearby pirates! Grenade enemies just got more interesting! Foulberto's viper's nest is devastating! Let's make boss farming more interesting and cooperative.
  • Speaking of Foulberto Smasho, arguably the toughest boss in the game, he needs some reason to venture into his deadly domain, give him a whole new weapon tier for all I care, between famed and legendary, put 8 different "Mythic" (purple pls) knives boosting different dagger throws and effects, some of them could even follow paths like bayou throwing knives and demon fang!
  • Faction joining. Everyone (ok not everyone but soo many people) hates questing, mostly because it doesn't have a purpose and large reward and is monotonous. But, if you were questing to join the crew of Davy Jones himself, or the Royal Navy, or Eitc, or Patron's Ghosts, or Jolly Roger! with "perks" such as higher dmg to certain other enemy types or using certain weapon types, more gold, cool clothing specific or weapons specific to your chosen path, and a cool badge by your name to show off. Along with "tasks" to make it more meaningful, that you have to complete to stay in good favor with your chosen path such as if you chose the Navy, maybe you could be a Hunter yourself, only able to deal damage to the target ship! Patrol the seas on a Death Omen with fellow undead Jolly Roger followers! etc you get the idea
  • More unique pirate weapon skill options. I love gun dagger and staff, can I specialize in weapon category(ies) and receive permanent skill points to apply??
  • Fishing needs some love! add some FUN weapons/items to it's loot pool, not anything anyone has to agonize over getting like a legendary, just some goofy stuff that people can laugh and have fun with. I have a few concepts I may post soon.
  • My last one is badges/achievements. The more of these you can make the better in my opinion, people like displaying their accomplishments! Kill [boss] 100, 500, 5000, 20k times? A bronze, silver, gold, red badge for each tier? I'd proudly wear one, adds another perk for farming a boss and help friends after you've received the prized item!

Also for the sotl I found this heres a few upgrades they could do if they went that route.

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    4.2 KB · Views: 134
  • images (2).jpeg
    images (2).jpeg
    3.6 KB · Views: 131
  • images (3).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    3.2 KB · Views: 126
  • images (4).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 129
Some ideas I have had for a while
1. Custom famed items that can be looted from certain bosses instead of just legendary weapons. ( I think somebody said this earlier as well).
2. Better Ship AI at seas, basically, everything has said before me so far.
3. Create a way to entice players to go to the wild islands more frequently after the main storyline quests. I wouldn't know how to make this happen besides adding more bosses. However if bosses weren't added, maybe there would be NPC's on these islands with special quests that would end with an item being added to the loot table for the player that completes the certain quest. Same as how after the Storms in Hollowed Wood quests you are able to loot Storm Sphere. Maybe not so much with legendaries, but with unique famed items.
4. Trading. The main concern of trading that I see with this is the trading of legendaries, which could get out of hand. A limit could be put into place such as a player is only able to trade up to 1 or 2 legendary items every 6 months, just to keep a realistic limit on trading for these hard to obtain items.
5. Buyable loot buffs. Adding temporary, buyable loot buffs for an expensive price, that can be used for players to gain (for example) a double loot buff that would last around an hour or so. I still don't know if I would agree with this one or not but it would be a cool idea for certain parts of the year, such only being able to purchase these as around holidays or other special events only.
6. Fixing the repair costs for ships. I feel like this one would be the most useful if anything. For example, a completely destroyed war brig with a level 6 Skull & Bones upgrade and a level 2 Open Fire rigging upgrade might still only cost a few hundred gold to repair. As a ship gets higher upgrades, it's repair cost should go up to.
7. More roles in Guilds. Such as being able to create role names (that still go by the guidelines and would have to be approved of by admins just like guild names) that GM's and Co-GM's could create. This might be especially useful in larger guilds and roleplaying guilds as a way to create more available promotions and ranks, which would keep people playing as well. There could be a minimum guild number that would have to be met to be able to create these ranks too.
8. Speaking of Guilds, the addition of guild perks. For example, the players of a guild could invest gold into a Guild Perk NPC of some sort, which would allow all members of the guild to have buffs or an increase in a certain number of skill points.

OK
  1. THE QAR!
  2. a sailing only legendary or two
  3. Not sure how to say this but I'm going to give it a stab: You all know how when you defeat an enemy multiple times rapidly the loot containers stack up and it's not so easy to find the newest one. So, I have had the thought that when you open them they are like a stack and they stay in the same order, what happens is that when you stop opening them and defeat the enemy again the next one you open will be the one that would have opened next had you just continued to open them but wouldn't it be better if when you open them after defeating the enemy they would open starting with the newest drop and then cycle through as they do now? Always reset the stack from newest to oldest when the enemy is defeated.

It would be cool to see and I know for a fact they can do it, that's why I suggested it.
My major concern would just be balancing. Currently, every sword type has it's own niche; Broadsword for most AOE damage, sabres for highest single target damage, and cutlass' for most balanced pvp damage output. Maybe something like just matching their damage and speed to cutlass' combos or something would be the route to go

- QAR back with a better rewarding system or a revamp for Sword of Triton since it's Blackbeards sword and having it in game as a rare item is not appropriate.

- I also would appreciate if we could have the SOTL available for purchase and being able to change your ship hulls appearance without affecting it's corresponded ship upgrade.

- Having new weapon types whether it's in the current existing categories or a new category.

- Redo your pirates appearance (Model body type, face slides and etc...) I think it's a must since sometimes you're bothered by that small mistake you made on your pirate and you don't wanna deal with another 50 lvls and some looting hours spent to make a new pirate main.

- Trading, with it's regulations.

- Banks, I know it's a work in progress already with the TLOPO staff however I want to propose the idea of shared bank, so the items are shared between your pirates (in the same account obviously) so now I don't have to farm a specific weapon/bright for my other pirates.

- Stacked loot, so when we're farming a boss or a specific NPC with a decent amount of players we don't have to cycle through each loot container, I'd personally like to scroll through the loot and see the new items with a NEW tag.

- Bring back Heart of Padres del Fuego, Barbossa's Fury, and Norrington's Spyglass from POTCO.
- Add in legendary muskets, blunderbusses, bayonets, and staves.
- Focus on fixing many current bugs, like Foulberto Smasho not spawning (from what I have heard), invasions being broken, the Black Pearl quest being broken, the beam of light for quests not working other than for pointing out enemies, Take Cover supposedly doesn't work and firebrand doesn't work properly, the game takes minutes to load new zones after being on for awhile, etc.
- More inventory space, I personally love collecting stuff so I would ideally like to have as much inventory space as I could get.
- Make it so AI can board YOUR ship. Not sure how this would work but it is a cool idea.
- Add in a Kraken quest and boss battle. The battle will take place in Uncharted Waters and it would wrap around your ship, and you and your crew would have to use a combination of ship abilities, cannons, and normal weapons to take it down. It should be a repeatable fight.

1. Bugs/ TLOPO is a game with a lot of potential given the developers and staff team have a passion for it. They didn't have to revive the game but they did. With that being said, the foundation of the game is, and has always been incredibly shoddy. Pypperoni was a step in the right direction, cleaning up the code, and optimizing the game and what-not, but it needs to be taken further. TLOPO is still rife with bugs, the same bugs we have had for years. Bugs that have been reported, and have not been fixed, or to the communities knowledge, not even looked into. One example of hundreds is the Watcher loot bug. Had a lot of friends get annoyed at that during this untimely Halloween event. I am not sure what it will take - perhaps diverting more resources to the team in charge of maintaining the production server, but the base game needs to be patched before we even hope to have huge things like CTC release. Having a solid foundation is tantamount.
  2. Test server/ The test server was a surprisingly good addition, that I was not expecting to see upon my return to the game about 6 months ago... but right now, the pool of testers, from an outside perspective, seems miniscule. I understand a lot of bugs, and unintended mechanics never make it onto the production server due to the efforts of these few people on the test server, but the game currently right now sees dozens of new bugs and glitches, graphical or otherwise, added into the game every major update. I believe increasing the tester base by recruiting from the community, could improve the quality of the updates that are pushed onto production.
  3. Event consistency/ This is branching off of another thread that was on the forums as regards to changing the graphics of Padres. The main argument I saw for it was that it was more immersive and made you feel like you were on a volcanic island. All of that is well and good, but I personally, and I'm sure others, would appreciate some consistency in this concern for the flow of the game. Covid19 was an unexpected event, so it is understandable that the team would want to take advantage of the quarantine and release things to keep the players busy, but I do not agree or understand the reasoning behind pushing Hollowed Woods out. It personally breaks my immersion, playing a scary Halloween map in the middle of May. At the very least, if we plan to violate the "rules" of events in the future, then we should at least try and make up a reason for it in terms of the game - a full moon or whatever. Events are supposed to be special, and releasing them haphazardly is devaluing that.
  4. Weapon, level and enemy balancing (specifically in higher level gameplay)/ Weapon balancing is understandably difficult in a game where weapons really don't matter. As most of us know, the game can be beat with a rusty cutlass. Having The Lost Sword Of El Patron is nice, but levels are what gives a pirate the power it has to dispatch of enemies quickly in the game. TLOPO have shown they are not opposed to changing the stats of items, and they are willing to change the base game, dare I say, drastically. I would like to see levelling reworked, or the (potential) skill tree I'm hearing about have less impact on the game, and have weapons matter more. Weapons should not be a thing, in my opinion, where their only use in the game in terms of entertainment is collecting them (more specifically, legendary weapons.) Weapon balancing is not too bad of an issue at lower levels, but once you get to famed and legendary items, they become stupidly worthless. This would be a sizeable undertaking, of course, but TLOPO have attempted such things before.
  5. Introduce old POTCO features back/ TLOPO claims to be a replica of POTCO on it's FAQ, however by definition it is not. With that in mind, they should at least try to reimplement beloved features such as Queen Anne's Revenge, and invasions. I understand they bug, and get removed to be fixed, but these are critical features to any old POTCO players are even just new players. Players nostalgia comes from the first time they beat QAR, or their first Padres invasion, not about that one random day on that one random server where they found that one famed item. The reason most of us are here is because we played POTCO, but this game is missing crucial POTCO features. I understand they may not be top priority right now, but from what I believe, they should be, and they should've been in the game years ago. Once again, I understand the team is trying their best, but they are trying to build a game that is POTCO and more, without even finishing the POTCO part.
  6. Improve the social systems, including blocking features/ I see some posts above about this, and it has always been a concern of mine since the very first time I tried to block someone. I understand that people change, but I do not enjoy having to block the same people constantly because they relog and the block goes away. If you block someone in any game, you usually have a good reason for it, generally that reason being you just don't want to interact with them. So why is it the case that I would be interested in conversing with a guy who harasses me, the very next day? As @Bort Greasegorb said above, whispering is also a hassle, as well as swapping between chats occasionally, especially when you have more than two going. Features need to be implemented to improve the flow of swapping between chat windows, whether that is a toggle or something is up for debate.
  7. Fix the quest book/ This point is very simple. Quests not tracking, quests disappearing, quests not redeeming. There have been a lot of reports from players, not only on this forum but in discords and such. This is just an example of the underlying foundation being shoddy. It is not a good look, when a new player joins and they literally cannot progress because of factors out of their control. Also, as I understand it right now, there are Halloween quests that glitch and they are referred to as "daily" quests by players, as they are in your journal in non-seasonal times.
  8. Stop adding new legendaries, or make a new loot tier/ The whole point of legendaries, is their unrivalled power in the game, and their collectibility given their rare appearances. The issue is, is that TLOPO, over the years has been adding legendaries left, right and center. This was not an issue initially, however the constant double loot events, and unseasonal openings of Hollowed Woods, have heavily inflated the pool of legendaries currently in the game. This simply devalues the legendaries, at least to me personally. This also feeds somewhat into the next point. The point is, there needs to be a new reason for people to grind for rare items. Power won't be it, the game is already polluted with broken items. It needs to be a new rarity, something even rarer than legendaries, more special. And this time, there needs to be a very limited number of them. A collector, for instance, collects items because they are intriguing or they are rare. I don't know many people in TLOPO who unironically collect rusty cutlasses, but I know dozens, hundreds who collect legendaries, and other rare items.
  9. Consensus on trading for economy or trading for no profit/ I'm not sure about the current staff position on trading but from what I know, it is coming. There has been a lot of debate between people about the economy, the rules of trading, the items tradeable etc. At the end of the day, we need to decide if we want trading to in itself, be an in-game economy. This would require much more stringent rules and restrictions. On the other hand, trading just to trade items with your buddies and test, with no goal of "profit" is another thing. The likelihood is that it will include both, as most trading systems do. This topic warrants further discussion, because if implemented wrong, we could start seeing baby pirates with Mercers Pistol etc, and further making powerful and rare items seem like a joke. Also on the point of economy, more event consistency is needed. Currently the only time-limited item in TLOPO is the Silver Striker, talking about legendaries. This means that in an economy setting, even though it is not necessarily powerful, it's rarity as a collectible is still greater than most legendaries (granted, you can buy it.) This is not a problem, because we know when it is coming, we know how to get it etc. Hollowed Woods legendaries would have been a great asset in an economy, due to, of course, their rarity in a time-limited setting. This ties in with my event point, but having Hollowed Woods release because... "hey why not?" has damaged their position, if even just slightly, in an economic setting, inflating the pool of them in the game, and showing players that they may be liable to get more Halloween legendary items in the middle of Summer. All of that makes their time-limited status somewhat pointless.

Apologies for double posting.
  1. Give sailing a point to more players/ Once again, it has been said in this thread, but Sailing is pointless frankly, if we are looking at pure progression. You can find better items on land, rarer items on land, more gold on land and still have the interaction of other players during your play sessions. There needs to be more incentive for end-game players, if you wish to call them that, to sail. Whether that is a new tier of loot entirely that is exclusive to sailing, or just sailing exclusive items in existing tiers... or sailing bosses, harder fights, whatever it is... as @Mr. Jones said above, skulls are already seldom witnessed at sea, and so having new items added, or some new form of loot or achievement, would almost certainly increase the satisfaction you feel from sailing a ship. As sailing currently stands, the extent of the journey is effectively just killing hunters, upgrading 3 or 4 ships, and then having nothing to use them for.
  2. Add more at-seas bosses or challenges/ A bit of a smaller point, but having to grind particular ship bosses or sea-monster bosses would be pretty engaging for me, personally. Given that it is on a ship as well and would thus require the work of everyone involved, gunners, repairers etc, it would be much more engaging in theory than traditional looting, where you have 20 guys but none of it really matters as long as you all keep whacking the enemy. Something like this, I feel, would also make the experience much more like that of a pirate.
  3. Improve the ship AI/ Of course mentioned above, this has always been an issue. It is too easy to kill a ship that is supposed to be hard in this game, plain and simple. There is not much to say about this, however I will say that the AI that is found on treasure fleets I like more so, being that they seem to chase you faster. I believe if that speed was applied to regular ships, that would at least be a step in the right direction, improving the difficulty of the base ships. As it stands right now, you can cruise through the Caribbean one broadsiding most common ships, and 2 / 3 broadsiding hunters.
  4. Add back old POTCO items/ Mostly talking about code items here, and rare items, such as Norrington's Spyglass. One again, more for nostalgia, and also would give players more to grind for, at least initially. Would make the game feel more like POTCO to me.
  5. Review of the TOS/ This is more for outside of the game, and I apologise for that, however the Club Penguin drama is no secret, and TLOPO needs to try harder to protect itself. We should have had a parents code in the game since the beginning, just in case, and anyone using the wayback machine can easily see that this action was only undertaken after the drama went down. After reading the TOS personally, I found much of the wording to be unclear, honestly. TLOPO claims to heavily moderate the chat system so Disney does not shut them down, and yet it took this long for the parents code.
  6. Continued community interaction and transparency/ I've given TLOPO a lot of grief over the years and most people know that, however the last few weeks have been better than usual, even if I disagree with some of the topics. It is nice to see the staff publicly acknowledge the value of the communities opinions in public posts. Hopefully you guys can continue this into the future.
  7. Cosmetics revamp/ Just an example someone stated above, having hoods on male pirates. It's really nothing, but would just give you more options to stylize your pirate.
  8. Quality of life changes regarding loot/ Right now loot seems to randomly pile up, some of it not even being available to open. It takes several minutes for these spam containers to "despawn." This is annoying because you often have to cycle through the same loot containers to reach the new one that has dropped. It wastes time and can lag out the game with the extra visuals. This also decreases the time you have to actually take loot out of dropped containers.
  9. Some sort of incentivization for community engagement/ Most of TLOPO at the end of the day is its community. People may disagree but for the most part, most of the people in this game are friends or are open to being friends. Community competitions, held by the team, that rewarded unique in-game tags or logos, would be interesting in my opinion. It is unique to you and no one else can get it, unlike a legendary or a piece of clothing. I believe having small in-game events that gave these truly unique rewards that showed you were an interactive community member, would benefit the game in innumerable ways. It would show new players that they could talk to you for advice, or show others that if they join your guild, they can come to expect a lot of in-game community fun.
  10. Guild tags or a representation of rank/ A smaller point, but it would be interesting to see a player be able to toggle an icon on and off, that symbolised their rank within their respective guild. Similar to how you can toggle infamy icons to show your rank in PvP and SvS.
  11. There are several other things but I don't have the time right now.

Alright so this may or may not be a long list but here's some things that I believe are needed or would be helpful:
1. Gonna have to go with fix these major bugs most have been fixed then broken again in future updates. Bugs are such a pain in many factors and I really think these need to be top priority.

2. Guilds. As I suggested last night it would be nice if guilds had a "Tab for information", notification option for guild events, and a place for rules. Also Custom ranks as Stephen Teague mentioned in said thread would also be great since most guilds have other ranks in the discord then in the game. An Audit Log to see whom left or whom joined when away also whom was booted would be nice. I think guilds need some love! (Yes co gm was added awhile back but they haven't been touched since)

3. Badges/trophies (which ever you'd like to call it) I suggested this awhile back, most games these days have a system like this such as Wizard101, Call of Duty, WOW, etc... Something like "Kill Jimmy Legs 100 times" "Loot all the Cursed Famed" etc.. Currently the only Badges we have are for SvS and PvP..

4. As most people have been saying and I have been saying for awhile now, since there is constantly new clothing and weapons add a spot or something for more inventory.

5. Friend lists need to be raised kinda tired of removing people to add new people (currently at 150) In POTCO you had the option of adding people as a player friend or pirate friend or both. Total was something like 350 if you only added them as 1 or the other. Not saying it should be 350 I think just a boost too 200 would be nice.

6. Cuba this island could be much more than it is. Considered to be a main island which all it has is a clothing shop, tattoo shop, shipwright, potions, tavern, jail, and Tia Dalma. Think an expansion of this island in the future would be cool.

7. Id like to see Navy and EITC Brigs added at some point kinda always bugged me how they were never added when release to us pirates in POTCO. Yes I get they were added later on but that doesnt mean there shouldnt be enemy type brigs out there..

8. So as long as I can remember the chest system in the game was always 1 "skull" rating for pouch, 2 "skull" rating for chest, and 3 "skull" rating for Skulls. What if there was a chest with a 4 "skull" which would only drop famed/legends and a 5 "skull" that would only drop legends?

9. So awhile back we were doing a Tortuga Invasion and we encountered a mod using something that appeared to be an Ax. I hink it would be nice to have a new weapon category of Ax added to the game. Of course add #4 before you add this option..

10. Kingshead Jail! Make this functional!!

11. Tattoos - back, leg, and possibly hand tattos should be added at some point.

12. As you do for Christmas and Saint Patricks day releasing the "Bright Green hair" why no have a "Bright Red hair" for Christmas and possibly Independence day (thinking of another holiday that "Red" is related to..)

13. So in many guilds that im in or have been in there is a rule stating "Ask permission to teleport" Its there for courteous reasons. In a few other games Ive played there is a spot in the settings area where you have perms to turn this option off.. Would be nice to have this added..

14. Is it possible to add a feature that when doing mat runs or skull runs you can communicate with the captain of the ships in the area. Similar to the SVS chat??

This is all I can think of at the current moment maybe more down the road..

Back