Request Let Your Voice Be Heard!

I was thinking, what's a fearsome pirate without his trusty parrot or in Barbosa's case, a monkey. A pet dealer in the game would be cool I think. Wouldn't have to do anything just look cool on your shoulder as you walk around the game world. Maybe get him a cool hat HAHA.

Hey everyone,

The team wanted to get some feedback on what features and content you want to see in the game next. It can be anything! Please comment below with your ideas. If you want, include your reasoning on why you think your suggestions would work for the future of the game.

Note: We can't add Disney characters/islands etc. due to legal concerns.

Please share this thread so everyone can have their voice be heard!
I think more of some of the underappreciated weapons need to be added in we have hundreds of swords but like 5 grenades... Maybe more of those, more sailing items and cannon rams, and... this ones a long shot.... BRING BACK CARRACK SHIPS. ALSO from experience, some ships dont like to land broadsides. Yes im talking about you war brig... Maybe revise how the broadsides are aimed because when you try to fire it sometimes it shoots on the entirely wrong side and others it shoots outward like a shotgun spread.

Plus
1591188353878.png
More customization for ships

Here's my two cents, lots of ideas already posted but I'd like to support some of the ones I've read and I really like.

To echo a little bit on what @Beggar and @Mr. Jones have suggested.

I really enjoy sailing with friends and I'd like to see more incentive to sail. Doesn't have to be famed/legendary weapons. Can simply be a way to progress ships more, or a new type of material that helps us progress in some sort of way.

I also like the idea of a new area of Raven's Cove. I enjoy spending time at South Idol, and a lot of looters do too. We'd like to see AOE/Blunderbuss bug fixed if possible. That would allow us to loot S. Idol like back in the old days.

Player/account friends - this would be cool because people make lots of alts and sometimes I forget who is who. Getting old :sigh:

As Mr. Jones put it, a delete loot container button with a yes or no confirmation like when deleting single items. This would be immensely helpful. Loot gets really laggy in large groups, its hard to sift through everything, sometimes we might even miss some when there's lots of pirates in the same area conjugating to farm the same boss.

Thank you kindly for listening to our suggestions @The Crew,

Cross Creed

Another suggestion would be the ability to make your ship appear undead like Revenant etc if you have it upgraded to a certain class that fits the look ( IE storm chaser, Skull and Bones, etc)

1. I would love to see more events/contests hosted by devs/gamemasters like potco used to have. I personally always got really excited whenever it was time for the Feats of Strength race. Great way for the devs and community to have some fun together.
2. A permanent ignore button for trolls/rude players.

Yes like Remy said I would also love a ignore that saves and also to add to that. A way to shut off local chat would be nice. But imo the permanent ignore is more important

I think more of some of the underappreciated weapons need to be added in we have hundreds of swords but like 5 grenades... Maybe more of those, more sailing items and cannon rams, and... this ones a long shot.... BRING BACK CARRACK SHIPS. ALSO from experience, some ships dont like to land broadsides. Yes im talking about you war brig... Maybe revise how the broadsides are aimed because when you try to fire it sometimes it shoots on the entirely wrong side and others it shoots outward like a shotgun spread.
Of course, we already have carracks, it’s just that they are called galleons in this game and we also already have gallons but they are called brigs in this game. Oh my :sigh: Broadsides work fine, if you are getting a shotgun spread then you have fired when you didn’t have a lock on your target and you blew it, not the game’s fault that you either blew it on aim or didn’t know how to aim, I will concede that there aren’t instructions and so you must learn by doing, it’s not tough to figure out but it is tough to be perfect all the time, lol. You shouldn’t expect that you will nail every ship you aim at but you will most of the time if you are good at it. The backfire and wrong side shots are a bug that needs fixing, they are annoying but not so common as to be game breaking.

Just a couple quick and not super fleshed out ideas, just kinda throwing out what pops into my head.

1) Buff or introduce a "hard mode" Black Pearl boss battle.​
The Black Pearl boss battle was put into the game (speaking of POTCO here) when the level cap was 40 and the max level for weapons was level 25 (I think? If it wasn't that then it was when it was lower, those were the caps when I played waaay back). It has always been one of my favorite things to do in this game but it is just way too easy as a level 50 pirate. The enemies are all grey in there, I don't think I even see green tags when I do that fight. I don't think the entire thing needs to be revamped, just perhaps buff it a bit so things are higher level. The boss battle should also give actual loot, perhaps even just leaving the current one as is and adding loot to a hard mode version if that is the preferred route (I do understand keeping the original easy as you are meant to finish the quest line around early level 30s).​
2) Add loot incentives to treasure fleets.​
Currently there is no reason to do treasure fleets except for fun, money is so insignificant in this game that nobody truly needs to go out and try to farm money, so royal chests aren't even a reward. I personally would like to see them be given loot containers (doesn't necessarily mean guaranteed skull chests, but fairly high rate for the main ship at least) and I think that with it being an event it could be the perfect thing to add a level 4 loot container. It doesn't make much sense that loot containers stop at 3 stars/skulls, and maybe even make it a non guaranteed treasure fleet exclusive loot container that would have a higher chance at famed/legendary and then adding a new treasure fleet exclusive legendary item, maybe going off the theme of treasure one that when equipped increases chance that higher level loot containers will be dropped (like some form of actually useful treasure sense). Now I don't mean to make legendaries common from them, I'm talking like a 5-10% chance at a famed item and a 1% chance at a legendary. I feel like that would be fair as the container shouldn't be guaranteed, with exceedingly low chance from the guard ships and a moderate chance drop from the main ship, and on top of that the rarity of treasure fleets (I genuinely don't remember the last one I've seen...).​
Oh, and also please make treasure fleets more common. ;-;​
3) Rework higher level flagships and add QAR back.​
The QAR point I'll just say it quick since many have already brought it up: please, add it back, lower Sword of Triton chance, buff it and make it legendary, ty. As for flagships, first off I just wanna vent that I used to love taking over that Colossus flagship on POTCO but the levels of the enemies are significantly lower in TLOPO for some reason, maybe it's a bug, idk, but yeah that's disappointing. Regardless, high level flagships should be changed to act as a sort of sea boss fight, similiar to QAR except perhaps not really needing a wave system. This could be an excellent opportunity to add sea exclusive legendaries that you can hunt for without just mindlessly sinking ships and hoping you get said sea exclusive legendary out of a skull chest cough admiral's weapons/iron priming cough. Also adding more flagships would complement this idea nicely (flagship juggernaut? :) ). Even if you don't do that, please buff my Colossus flagship again :(
Oh and also fixing flagships might be a good idea as well so your entire crew doesn't disappear when you defeat one.​
4) Captain's Quarters​
So with all these new weapons and clothing items being added (which is amazing, please keep doing this ty), space is becoming an issue. The past bandaid fix to this was to add a 2nd page of inventory space, which, as I just said, is a bandaid fix. I think something awesome would be to add an interior to your ships that only the captain can enter and it basically acts as a storage room or vault so to speak. This way you are still limited to what you can carry on you which just looks cleaner, but collectors and hoarders can throw all their weapons in a chest or on say a weapons rack (of course it would be a magical weapons rack connected to the void so we can store mass items in there) and all their collected clothing pieces into an infinite wardrobe that connects to Narnia for extra storage space. The holds can look different for each ship, but the weapons rack and wardrobe would be connected to the pirate of course so it doesn't matter which ship you are on and so you don't accidentally sell your ships with all your collectibles. Of course you'd probably need to add restrictions to being able to enter the captain's quarters, such as not being able to do it if you are in combat (have any ship agro'd onto you) or with crew members on board, and if you are in your captain's quarters then ships can't agro onto you (mostly needed because those pesky skeleton ships which need no provocation).​
5) Add more raid style events with exclusive end game items.​
I think this game would really benefit from raid style events, and this new lobby system that was implemented would be PERFECT for it. Events where you have to get a group of pirates to push through a large amount of high level enemies to get to a high level boss that at the end of it all could drop a guaranteed high level loot container (maybe skull or maybe new loot containers 👀 ) that has a chance of containing powerful gear exclusive to that dungeon. This is essentially just another boss to farm like any other you've added except it has actual engagement. No longer would the grind be standing perfectly still, left clicking repeatedly as the boss spawns in front of you and gets rolled by a group of 20 people. It could be a chance to have actual cooperation necessary, forcing people to have healers, making it so using 5 points of your sword skills for parry isn't a complete waste of damage with essentially no gain. It could add an actual engaging and fun endgame, which the game desperately needs, standing still and left clicking enemies isn't fun or engaging, and almost none of the content in the game is challenging or even dangerous right now, which isn't even really your fault since how are you supposed to make something difficult when the only factor is can you out heal the enemy hitting you or kill him before he kills you? I might actually try to come up with a legitimate dungeon idea and make its own post, I might not, who knows. I just think that raids would be awesome in this game and please add them ty.​
Accidentally went over the character limit so this is post one of two.

Post two of two :)
Okay and just some ideas that have been brought up in the thread already that I want to strongly show my support for
  • Give cannon defense some rare exclusive items, nothing "necessary" that offers convenience such as infinite ammo rams, keep those fairly easy to obtain so people that don't really like cannon defense can still get them, but instead if something is to be rare and exclusive make it a strong/flex item such as an item that gives infinite fury and thunderbolt and increases their skill rank by 2 or adds critical hit chances; casual players or those who hate cannon defense can still get infinite fury or thunderbolt via rev ram and phantom ram, but people that grind cannon defense can get this item that is essentially combining two very good rams and then buffing them even more. Alternatively add rare cosmetic drops such as an outfit or maybe even something as little as an exclusive hat that can only be obtained from Cannon Defense at level 72 or above at a very low chance (72 is completely random don't ask why I chose that number, idek if that's a loot round or not). Make any of these rare items only obtained at very high levels at a low chance so to get it you truly have to grind for it.
  • Expand the ship customization. You guys have already done this to an extend cosmetically, but I'd like to see a functional expansion, not necessarily even to make the ships stronger as they are already honestly too strong for the AI ships, but to have greater customization. I don't really have a fleshed out idea for this one, I just saw someone say it and I GREATLY SUPPORT.
  • Lower the Galleon into the water, PLEASE, ty.
  • Discard loot from within its loot container.
  • Adding a ship lock on and manual aim for broadside feature, this would be an incredible QOL update.
  • Enemies that use AOE attacks actually hit multiple pirates
  • Enemy ship improved AI.
  • Not actually an idea I saw but just a small one I thought of so it is in the small list: Make grapeshot useful again :(
  • " Higher level enemy ai, which doesn't mean bosses. What would be WAY more fun is the equivalent to KH Marching Grounds for level 50 pirates, but harder. Areas of large, majoritively mobile (so unlike Spout/Urchinfist), high level enemy ai with high aggro, that you couldn't dare venture to without a good amount of high lvl pirate help, and where low levels cannot exist due to difficulty. Honestly this is the type of place where you'd place 2 new legendary staff in the pool whilst avoiding adding more boss farming, getting one would greatly help your team, being after the second! " ~ @Nate Dreadshot (honestly all of his ideas were really good, strongly support them, only changes I'd really make is for proposed harder sea battles I don't want the reward to be simply more skull chests, but you can read my idea above for my opinion on that )
  • This is probably a bug anyways but please give at least some semblance of acceleration/deceleration to warships and bounty hunters.
Ok this is all for now, hope you guys like some of the ideas, and more importantly I hope you devs actually look at the ideas in this thread and consider them, I have faith you will though. :)

I would be happy if there were homes you could purchase and you could be able to customize them. I also thought of different kinds of things that you can customize your ships with.

Hey everyone,

The team wanted to get some feedback on what features and content you want to see in the game next. It can be anything! Please comment below with your ideas. If you want, include your reasoning on why you think your suggestions would work for the future of the game.

Note: We can't add Disney characters/islands etc. due to legal concerns.

Please share this thread so everyone can have their voice be heard!
wardrobe room in lobby like a store for men and women. chothes on racks displayed.. for purchase .

Don't know if this was mentioned:

A button that organizes your inventory: by type (legendaries first) and then by item level (high to low). The sorting can also be reversed if you clicked the button again. Weapons can be sorted in order: sword, gun, doll, etc.
This would also apply to clothing and potions.

clothing pirates.png

If you want to sort them by color ^ that would be manually done.

Anything but legendary weapons, please. Nothing breaks the old PotCO feel more then those for me.

Sailing content is direly lacking:

Worthwhile and interesting upgrades (easiest one to think of, variants of current R4s but trading the special broadsides for additional stats)

Additional Ships ( An important part of this is that, unlike certain added weapons, not to entirely wipe the purpose and niche of the pre-existing ships by virtue of simply having the higher statchecks)
Easiest to add being the Sotl/carrack due to already having material to use to implement them, as well as both having been in the "old game" and therefore having more of a history and basis to be added. Though the Sotl could probably use something similar to the BP/Ravens Cove story quests to unlock it first, I remember reading something about needing the 3 "Admirals" swords to get one I quite liked.

Theres also the undead war frigates/war sloops, re-texture them and fix the "damage" on their models and you could make variants of the war sloop/frigate, which could be as simple as a different model with the same stats, or as far as making them have different stats and acting as an alternative to the current selections. Ie the Undead war frigate, being much smaller, could be a faster but less tanky war frigate but maintaining a similar profile and firepower.
All these have pre-existing resources in-game, that'd make re-purposing them for use easier then designing a new ship from scratch and wouldn't break the "feel" of the old game, as we are used to seeing these on the open seas before.

Sail Upgrades could do with additions, immediately 2 come to mind of percentage increases to speed/turn, I'm sure theres others that could be done such as acceleration.

I can't even call the current NPCs as having an "AI", being such that the deck guns of enemy ships may as well not even fire. The ships themselves merely straightline until X range and turn to shoot untargeted broadsides over the top of your ship, so much so that I have successfully dismasted my own war frigate by positioning next to battle-royale to take explosives onto the sails. Enemies that actually fight back would be a very big change for the current sailing situation.

Personally I'd like to see the Infamy mechanic significantly reduced, and in the case of ships that only target undead vessels non-existent, doing a treasure fleet with Infamy sucks, you can hardly kill half the ships before warships run you down, hardly the intended experience when the treasure fleets were originally introduced. Along with the above suggestion, this would balance out it taking longer to reach the "Challenging" stage by making the current enemies more then a turkey shoot.

While I don't really think that sailing is in need of this sort of content, I can certainly see adding more "sailing exclusive" loot to the game, it'd be one way to bring back the old "Norringtons Spyglass" item, or maybe add new sailing items that take advantage of sailing customisation, offering a mix of cannon/sailing skills but with less significance then a dedicated item of its respective class.
Clothing is another option, but a poor choice imho due to the subjectivity of appearance reducing the potential effect it may have.

Back