Request Let Your Voice Be Heard!

Don't know if this was mentioned:

A button that organizes your inventory: by type (legendaries first) and then by item level (high to low). The sorting can also be reversed if you clicked the button again. Weapons can be sorted in order: sword, gun, doll, etc.
This would also apply to clothing and potions.

View attachment 121404

If you want to sort them by color ^ that would be manually done.
OOhhh, but what fun would that be? I like moving stuff around, just wish I had more room to do so.
But a nice idea for people that wish it.

Anything but legendary weapons, please. Nothing breaks the old PotCO feel more then those for me.

Sailing content is direly lacking:

Worthwhile and interesting upgrades (easiest one to think of, variants of current R4s but trading the special broadsides for additional stats)

Additional Ships ( An important part of this is that, unlike certain added weapons, not to entirely wipe the purpose and niche of the pre-existing ships by virtue of simply having the higher statchecks)
Easiest to add being the Sotl/carrack due to already having material to use to implement them, as well as both having been in the "old game" and therefore having more of a history and basis to be added. Though the Sotl could probably use something similar to the BP/Ravens Cove story quests to unlock it first, I remember reading something about needing the 3 "Admirals" swords to get one I quite liked.

Theres also the undead war frigates/war sloops, re-texture them and fix the "damage" on their models and you could make variants of the war sloop/frigate, which could be as simple as a different model with the same stats, or as far as making them have different stats and acting as an alternative to the current selections. Ie the Undead war frigate, being much smaller, could be a faster but less tanky war frigate but maintaining a similar profile and firepower.
All these have pre-existing resources in-game, that'd make re-purposing them for use easier then designing a new ship from scratch and wouldn't break the "feel" of the old game, as we are used to seeing these on the open seas before.

Sail Upgrades could do with additions, immediately 2 come to mind of percentage increases to speed/turn, I'm sure theres others that could be done such as acceleration.

I can't even call the current NPCs as having an "AI", being such that the deck guns of enemy ships may as well not even fire. The ships themselves merely straightline until X range and turn to shoot untargeted broadsides over the top of your ship, so much so that I have successfully dismasted my own war frigate by positioning next to battle-royale to take explosives onto the sails. Enemies that actually fight back would be a very big change for the current sailing situation.

Personally I'd like to see the Infamy mechanic significantly reduced, and in the case of ships that only target undead vessels non-existent, doing a treasure fleet with Infamy sucks, you can hardly kill half the ships before warships run you down, hardly the intended experience when the treasure fleets were originally introduced. Along with the above suggestion, this would balance out it taking longer to reach the "Challenging" stage by making the current enemies more then a turkey shoot.

While I don't really think that sailing is in need of this sort of content, I can certainly see adding more "sailing exclusive" loot to the game, it'd be one way to bring back the old "Norringtons Spyglass" item, or maybe add new sailing items that take advantage of sailing customisation, offering a mix of cannon/sailing skills but with less significance then a dedicated item of its respective class.
Clothing is another option, but a poor choice imho due to the subjectivity of appearance reducing the potential effect it may have.
"Though the Sotl could probably use something similar to the BP/Ravens Cove story quests to unlock it first, I remember reading something about needing the 3 "Admirals" swords to get one I quite liked."

Hmmm. That gave me a perhaps rather ... unpopular idea with the hard looting crowd. The only stepping item quests I know of are the in game leveling ones for weapons and teleporting and such when starting the game. What if ... to add meat into the game, that a pirate has to (by choice of course) do a item upgrade quest in any family line to unlock a legendary when accomplishing the quest? It could be a fame family, which could drop anytime, but attained via the quest regardless and then the legendary is unlocked from either a certain boss or random bosses as well, but you can't use a random group of people already mobbing. You would have to get a crew yourself. Now, this is as I said, in addition to already looting as everything is now and these quests would be available to people just wanting something else to challenge them. Now, if Tlopo wanted to thin the hard core looting herds, making this madatory would be the solution. But something like this should never be mandatory to play the game. This would in essence give players two ways of acquiring a legendary, the tedious long way of boss jamming or doing quests with a final boss fight and getting your own crew to do it. Right now we can go into a boss fight for the seasonals and whatever to grind taking advantage of strangers already there pounding bosses. If this quest line idea seems too easy/short for a legendary itself, perhaps spread the items out between seasonal quests, or like a timed availability of a npc maybe 10 days apart, or even something Jolly drops from an invasion. Theres always a way to complicate a challenge.

I believe people who like role playing and lore would perhaps find these interesting enough to try them out.
Just a thought.

Last edited:
There are so many good ideas in this thread! I'm going to go over a couple of ideas that I think would be great to have included in the game and also bring light to some issues. If you were to read anything out of this post, read the last paragraph, please!

Before I start, current issues and broken features should be addressed before implementing anything new.

First and foremost, sailing needs to worked on a lot. As far as I know, take cover still does not work outside of the SvS game mode. Additionally, firebrand's burn ability does not work. On a similar topic, sailing loot is extremely undervalued. The quality of loot from sailing used to be too good, however, after that got fixed, the loot has been terrible ever since. In order for sailing to become valued again in that regard, possibly readjust the loot quality found at sea, or introduce another ship that sailors can target for decent loot. Since others have already addressed ship customization, I won't go into that, but I would love to see more upgrades for my ship.

The player versus player scene definitely needs some attention and work. I suggest including a prestige structure for the infamy system. For the players that prestige, they could get special rewards such as weapon reskins and different badges. For SvS, prestige could allow players to add something unique to their ship cosmetics. Additionally, maybe add further ship upgrades and improvements. Whatever is introduced obviously needs to add some sort of value to the system so that players will want to work for it.

Clothing and weapons need a rework as well. I'm not sure how many people have talked about this idea, but what if clothing and weapons were able to be upgraded. Picture the transmog system in other games like WoW and Diablo. That can add a whole lot of customization and fun to the game. Also, players should be able to find charms, trinkets, and the like to upgrade and add effects to their clothing and weapons. Once again, think about games such as WoW, PoE, Diablo, and Torchlight. Accompanied with this, provide classes for players to pick. As we know, some weapons are hardly ever used, provide a specific class for each weapon type, add perks, and a skill tree that go along with it. Additionally, make each class viable and able to compete with every other.

Back