Level of loot found based on current weapon?

Gingeneer

Swashbuckler
Is the level of the weapons that you find based off your current level of the respective weapon? Or is it based off the level of the enemy you kill?

Ex: If I farm tormenta and have a level 3 voodoo doll, will the voodoo dolls I find in loot be roughly around that level or will they be scaled to the level of the enemies that I am killing?

Asking because I've been levelling all my weapons pretty evenly, and I'm wondering if I should grind only sword levels before I do the Raven's Cove story so I can actually have a chance to get the good cursed weapons immediately afterwards.

It is based upon your weapon level. You will find weapons that are within 5 ahead of yours.

For example, if your sword level is 11, then you can find swords that require levels 1-16.

Also, FYI, the RC quest has not been released yet, so it is not possible to find cursed weapons.

For anyone viewing this: It seems this rule does not apply to sailing loot gathered from the sea. I'm level 7 sailing and I just got a famed level 25 sailing trinket from a Loot Skull Chest on the High Seas

For anyone viewing this: It seems this rule does not apply to sailing loot gathered from the sea. I'm level 7 sailing and I just got a famed level 25 sailing trinket from a Loot Skull Chest on the High Seas
There's a glitchy exception when it comes to sailing. It also happened in POTCO; you can get Lucky Charm at basically any level upwards of notoriety level 13.

Back