Tip  Leveling Grenades with More Reputation

I just went to Remington at kingshead and threw nades and him. Had my other pirate online for crew rep, and someone healing me. Also for the last 3 levels I used my last Jack's Brew and got around 400 rep per kill. Was mastered in less than an hour.

This here is the way to do it mates! Smart guy John!

I just go to ravens cove by the 4 ghosts and use siege charge i went up a lvl in less than a hour all the way till i mastered it

Just as an added tip, the more you hit the better rep. At level 40 you can still gain 50 rep per low soldier at the field by using a couple of smoke instead of just regular grenades, but, it takes longer.

Also do not forget the benefit of a crew and their bonus.

Even doing it quickly and getting 20 rep per enemy, 6 guys, in two throws= 120 rep in roughly 5 seconds in comparison to the longer time needed to defeat higher enemies (At really low levels I have taken as long as 5 minutes to kill off a boss). Sometimes quantity beats quality in time frame:

20 enemies at 20 rep each in 5 minutes=400
1 enemy at 120 rep in 5 minutes = 120

Good grenade places that I have found:

Kingshead - The fence still works for beginners - you can hit grenade level 15 in about an hour and pick up nifty navy items and a reasonable amount of gold.
Lava Pit - A healer is advisable. Loot drops are nice but you have to leave safety at times to get them. Pay attention to where you stand.
"Helga's Pool" - Tormenta with the thrull captains and urchinfists - higher levels, easier trip to jail if not careful, much better rep and loot - tends to work best when you take out the thrulls with another weapon you want to level (Like the staff *hint* *hint*) and leave the urchinfists for mass grenade demolition, they don't really hurt you.

Unlike most people, I really love grenades. I usually save them for last because it is the one thing I never mind doing.

Yep, I so agree with you, CD Pirates! I had the best teacher, one of my best friends on the game, Tom, who has mastered 14 pirates now. He told me to use smoke bomb that took longer to kill, but gave the best rep. I did like what you said; Kingshead until level 15, then Lava Pit at The Catacombs until level 25. Then I headed to the Thrall room. I didn't always have his help, but when he did help me, he'd kill the thrall captains, and leave the urchinfists for my grenades. With only him in the crew, each urchinfist could give me around 100 or more rep. I did need a high level of healer though, when I had to kill 5 urchinfists at once. Since I didn't always have help, it took me a long time to do it by myself without a healer, and those thrall capts would chase me around and made it harder to throw grenades (didn't have a good distance to them), and since they were high level, their cutlasses could slash my health so fast.

I could only carry 80 smoke bombs at once on the biggest pouch, which was very annoying, because I had to go back and forth to stock up ammo so many times. I made another pirate for my crew rep and my transportation back and forth to Tormenta for that purpose.

Where is that? Never tried it before. Is there any YouTube video showing it?

Could you believe that over one year in Potco and 4 pirates I probably only fought Timothy once? For some reasons, I never knew he was worth any fight (I always go to his neighbor, or is Dark his brother?). Anyways, thanks for the video. My question is, how many times did you die? None at all, since your life was being drained by Timothy? I couldn't see your health bar and tonic on the video. Second question, does Timothy not come after you when you blow him up like that?

My main goal now is to master grenades on 2 pirates alternately (Ik ... - sighs -), so I need the most effective thing to do. At the lava pit-the Catacombs, on pirate level 40 something, I could get 20-25 rep a piece on skeletons. So if I use long volley and call them all closer to the lava, that's pretty substansial rep. But I do have to carry a lot of tonics, because the boss would make me take one almost each time.
Same thing with me. I fought Dartan maybe twice, but he just doesn't give good enough rep. His name is in yellow to me.

Back