Quests Liberation of the Black Pearl (broken)

Pirate1029

Sea Legs
I've been trying to accomplish the Liberation of the Black Pearl boss battle for the past 3 days, but fail every time; not because I get sunk or anything, but because after I defeat the 4 initial frigates that come after me in the beginning, the drawbridges are seemingly indestructible. However, upon further inspection, I found that bridges do take a very minute amount of damage. It took me nearly 2 and a half hours to break them all (nothing was firing at me while doing this), just to have the Goliath not even spawn. It may be worth noting that I tried to attempt this boss fight solo during the 2 hour run and another time with a friend, which ended with the same result (I'm not sure if you should be able to do it solo, but it launches anyway). I would love it if someone could tell me how they got around this issue if they've encountered it, because as of right now, there is no way I can progress through the story.

Thanks

This is a known issue. The devs are aware of it. The following was taken from the release notes of v.1.17.1
  • Forts in the Black Pearl Boss Battle do not attack and do not take damage. To progress, shoot the bridges. They will take damage and allow you to pass through once destroyed.
I'm not sure about the Goliath issue you are facing.

(I'm not sure if you should be able to do it solo, but it launches anyway)
Solo runs have been possible for as long as I can remember, POTCO included. There was always a contest of sorts to see who would be able to actually complete a solo run of the Boss Battle and how quickly they could do it.

Ok, so should it really take me 2 hours to take these bridges down single-handedly? Even with 12 people (which I don't have), that would take over 10 minutes to finish.

With the Goliath issue, it is likely because (I could be wrong) not all of the initial drawbridges had been destroyed. On the first set of drawbridges, there are three you have to take down. You can get through by just defeating the leftmost two or the rightmost two, but Goliath doesn't spawn when this happens. The rest of the drawbridge sets are in pairs of two so they have to be destroyed anyway to progress through. The Boss Battle is still quite glitchy anyway, with the forts not firing back, but destroying that third/final drawbridge of the first drawbridge set should allow you to complete the battle.

I did the mission recently with some high level players and one of them had cannons that got through the bridges relatively quickly. We completed the mission and I got my quest finished thanks to those guys. However, we tried to do it again and this time the Goliath didn't spawn when we got there. It may be coincidental, but the only time I witness this issue is when I sail the Pearl into what should be the Goliath cut scene.

Thank you for the support guys, I'm sure the team will fix this in due time

I did the mission recently with some high level players and one of them had cannons that got through the bridges relatively quickly. We completed the mission and I got my quest finished thanks to those guys. However, we tried to do it again and this time the Goliath didn't spawn when we got there. It may be coincidental, but the only time I witness this issue is when I sail the Pearl into what should be the Goliath cut scene.

Thank you for the support guys, I'm sure the team will fix this in due time
As others have been saying: are you sure you destroyed both spans of the first bridge? The Goliath will not spawn if you don't, even though you make it through.

Alright so im gonna bump this thread...
Helped with 2 or 3 of these Black Pearl battles recently and the drawbridges are taking little to no damage with anything but fury shot... After shooting literally 50 lightning shots at 1 bridge and it not even being a quarter of the way destroyed...
Im just gonna tag a couple people who were involved in both of these battles I am referring too (don't get mad lol)
@Kat Five Knives @Velvet Demarisco @Melkor Ainare

As others have been saying: are you sure you destroyed both spans of the first bridge? The Goliath will not spawn if you don't, even though you make it through.
Update on this, last time I was on a ship that bypassed one of the first bridges the Goliath did spawn and we were able to complete the battle without destroying all the bridges, not sure but think this is another bug but an advantageous one, lol

Alright so im gonna bump this thread...
Helped with 2 or 3 of these Black Pearl battles recently and the drawbridges are taking little to no damage with anything but fury shot... After shooting literally 50 lightning shots at 1 bridge and it not even being a quarter of the way destroyed...
Im just gonna tag a couple people who were involved in both of these battles I am referring too (don't get mad lol)
@Kat Five Knives @Velvet Demarisco @Melkor Ainare
The battle has been glitched in numerous random ways for as long as I've been a beta tester. So long that I don't submit reports any more about it.
One thing I've noticed lately is the forts have been shooting sporadically in one fight and not so much in another. What seems to be consistent is, if you don't take down both sides of bridges completely, the remaining side will shoot (when they are shooting that is) at you all the way to the last bridge. They never stop sometimes til gone. You can pass one side, but could face damage the whole way from the still active side.
I go on this alone just for grins because somehow it lets me without a crew and I've been hit by the first bridge all the way to the boss.

And another tip, aim where the road attaches to the first brace of each tower. The right angle piece on the water side of each column. This has been this way for my whole time. And I've just sat in the lagoon testing the towers and such to discover this. This damage spot has been very consistent in scoring.

GL

Last BB run we did with a full strong crew , we barely made it since the bridges take very little damage due to the last nerf of the bridges ! Yes we did solo this at one time If ye knew what ye where doing but this Is no where near the normal Potco BB !!

Back