Status
Not open for further replies.
port 80 is http, aka, web.. :) its open on all web servers for public browsing.
Oh definitely :D But if I were them I wouldn't even want my server to have ANY open ports while fixing it. I mean the game isn't working for most people anyways, why even give hackers an opportunity.
The game is written in Python, just using the Byteplay Disassembler or the DVLab Antifreeze tool someone could either 1. Find other open doors to the server 2. Completely max out their character. One needs to remember that if you can simply change the values of your character, than it is just as easy to insert some sort of door creating code..

Oh definitely :D But if I were them I wouldn't even want my server to have ANY open ports while fixing it. I mean the game isn't working for most people anyways, why even give hackers an opportunity.
The game is written in Python, just using the Byteplay Disassembler or the DVLab Antifreeze tool someone could either 1. Find other open doors to the server 2. Completely max out their character. One needs to remember that if you can simply change the values of your character, than it is just as easy to insert some sort of door creating code..
BINGO!

Eep. Not good. Apache 2.2.3 running on Red Hat Linux has a lot of expoits (mainly because we KNOW that it's running it.. someone might root the server uhohz).
Just because it's an older version doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been patched or is exploitable. Also FWIW that error indicates Apache is having trouble communicate with an upstream proxy, meaning the proxy would in fact, not be exposed.

I would be careful to call this a serious security issue.

Just because it's an older version doesn't necessarily mean it hasn't been patched or is exploitable. Also FWIW that error indicates Apache is having trouble communicate with an upstream proxy, meaning the proxy would in fact, not be exposed.

I would be careful to call this a serious security issue.
It might not be, but it's still one of those situations that the smarter move would be to shut it off completely..

I wouldn't have turned it off, but I would have removed that notification from public view..perhaps a nice "The Donkey is taking a break from walking in circles.. we're trying to get him back in action... " place holder or something.. :)

I have "no" idea really what you mates have communicated but...I've found it to be an interesting read.
*Kinda cool to understand a little now as to what is going on;).

Districts are not available on the desktop. I shared this thought on the authentication thread.. "This actually has the look & feel of a DNS server gone bad or failing. This could also be the authentication server. However, since it's probably a series of virtual servers in a nice SAN and it could also be a server shutdown because a snapshot was made and not deleted, the server ran out of space and has shut down till its cleared up. :)"
Do wha??? :confused:

It was happening for me yesterday, too. :S

Might'a just been 'cause I didn't allow it to go through my firewall though... :mad:

....and it stays down, all the way around......You'd think they'd get it up and running for the weekend, when tons of people are actually ON......

....and it stays down, all the way around......You'd think they'd get it up and running for the weekend, when tons of people are actually ON......

So you'd think. :p

Why is it that whenever I go to the website it seems to be having problems like this...

I mean I have turned off my Firewall completely.. Mainly because I am currently running a Wine kernel inside of Gnacktrack but whatever. FORGET YOU WINDOWS 7 (even though thats my dual boot) which reminds me, we need to have a computer specs forum :D

Hmmm...Playstation network went down and made me come back to this game. Now PSN is back up and this is down...:confused:

I mean I have turned off my Firewall completely.. Mainly because I am currently running a Wine kernel inside of Gnacktrack but whatever. FORGET YOU WINDOWS 7 (even though thats my dual boot) which reminds me, we need to have a computer specs forum :D

Don't needa turn it off completely... Just let POTCO through it. :\ That let it load fine for me. Just got the "district" problem now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back