Looking for Roleplayers to Roleplay with in game!

Hi Tom! What type of role play do you mean? Role play is hard for me to understand because I'm a already a girl role playing as a pirate. I know it's not a "new concept", I'm genuinely unsure how it works. Aren't we all already role playing?

If I role play that I'm a pirate and Punkin role played that she is in New York role playing as me, would that be a wash and we would cancel each other out? :(
Or if Punkin role played that she was me while I was role playing that I was her, she would actually be role playing herself, which would mean she wasn't even role playing.

No disrespect meant, I'm just unsure how role play works. ;)

Hi Tom! What type of role play do you mean? Role play is hard for me to understand because I'm a already a girl role playing as a pirate. I know it's not a "new concept", I'm genuinely unsure how it works. Aren't we all already role playing?

Hey, Punkin! That's a great question, because I did fail to specify. Yes, we technically are all already role playing.

The type of roleplaying I'm referring to is kind of like Dungeons and Dragons (The Board Game), where you adopt your character, and it's very story based. You can either voice chat, or chat in game. It involves someone changing, and manipulating the story, and the character's involved must perform actions based on the information and story given by the "story master," if you will.

You will adventure around the world, completely guided by the story master. The story master's goal is to write up the ultimate narrative for all participants to enjoy.

And usually, they should avoid killing each other. :p

Hope this clears it up!

Hello, everyone!
I'm just looking for people who are interested in RP, or roleplay for short, in game!
I'm going to create a separate character just for roleplay, and create a guild for it as well!
There will always be some kind of RP event going on, so let me know if you're interested!
-Tom
I roleplay all the time, when I am not grinding. My guild is made just for roleplay purposes, so feel free to look at our site and ask questions! :)

This sounds uber-fun! Only problem I would have is unavailability of time and constant crashes. (Yes, everyone has those. My computer just has a lot of it's own crashes as well. >_<)
I'd like to hear more though! :)

Hello, everyone!
I'm just looking for people who are interested in RP, or roleplay for short, in game!
I'm going to create a separate character just for roleplay, and create a guild for it as well!
There will always be some kind of RP event going on, so let me know if you're interested!
-Tom
I would love to do some RP, been looking for some.

well for some this is new and others this happens every time they log in, if they play their character in character, and in local area chat narrate to others with all references to the real world we know as unknown future events decades away. ie no chat about internet, the car, current events or anything not known to that character in the game time frame in which they personally "live". and in the case of "mad" molly any loyal member of the" british empire" or the commonwealth itself would be swore enemies to her ( check her back story to learn why and how to possibly change her opinion)and just as likely , hard for her not to want to kill them, unless the price or a good reason not too of course. RP can be a very closed world set of situations set forth by a story masters idea of what it should be but often each character must remain true to their their own story and act and react accordingly, to what is known to the character not the players knowledge. regardless of the storytellers desire or intentions. to allow for this it is common in rp situations that no one emotes the effects they have on others IE but what they wish to do and the result is emoted back by the other person involved. Nor impose their intentions on others, by emoting they are doing something the other character themselves dont wish to do, but simply rolling open ended with the offered situations and always always leave others a way out of a do or die situation. no one is all powerful or all controlling over another.the goal is to keep the story or situation going to a fun and enjoyable outcome to all not a one up fest.

likewise any active rp character should have a backstory, intro and starting point no matter how vague from which to "live out" the characters actions from, this may or may not be common knowledge to someone they just ran into so also never assume until you converse and learn it while playing your character knows anyone. use of chat like molly looked at the man with fire in her eyes and exclaimed"worthless bilge rat" , under her breath. as "in character chat" the descriptive of what she is doing and the " " denotes actual comments spoken and (welcome to the guild) denotes non in character chat is another tool to help keep it sorted out.

for those new to rp hopefully this will just offer a taste of what is possible, and if you ever happen to catch up with molly in game she will act out as herself( not the person controlling her in game character) in local chat and speak accordingly to those doing likewise , be warned from tavern talk that this gal can be quite "mad" both in her fiery irish temper and day to day actions lol

that works well for closed roleplay but rp is possible between anyone wishing to join in regardless of guild or not or in multiple guilds if they wish to participate in game by simple using local chat channels and ignoring out of character or "non participating" comments. where those present can "hear" the narratives and "spoken comments" and join in. likewise players in 2 different locations cant truly rp interact unless they are in same area. but a rp "channel" can be very helpful to those wishing to enjoy yet another possible aspect of the game.

likewise a dedicated rp channel can help eliminate clutter and help new to the concept players get the hang of talking both in and out of character thru simply learning how to properly emote it in chat.

It was easier for the GMs because their chat was always in the yellow font as if it was whispering.
Perhaps if it just happened on a quiet server?
But the discord would be more for writing scripts and stuff and communicating events.
You'd have to be a good multitasker (I'd be happy to teach).

Back