Blog Post Looking Forward!

Trading or gifting items to other pirates. Could exclude quest items so pirates would have to complete the quest to get them.

More options for guild ranks.

More quests. Once you finish all of them, all you have is the daily ones which get tedious after doing them a few times.

Fixing the broadsides on ships. A lot of the time I shoot the right or left broads the ammo tends to go out the opposite side or the front or back of the ship. Sometimes when shooting broadsides they land right in front or behind a ship even though they should have hit.

More hair colors would be great. Maybe a potion to change your hair color. Kinda like the skin color changing potion only instead of changing the hair color for so long it stays changed til you visit a salon/barber shop or use another of the hair potion.

Fixing the extra quests. There are a few that make a person dc when we try to activate it.

Maybe dresses and tank tops for females. Would be nice for new skirt styles.

Tables we can sit at that are not card tables. Would be nice to be able to sit down to talk to people rather than standing all the time.

Higher cap on levels would be great.

Just some of the things I think would make it a bit more fun.

-trading items/gold between pirates or even being able to give one of your mates an item.
-I really like those scars in the anniversary shops, more of those would be nice.
-More free stuff with codes (Who doesn't like free stuff ;) haha )
-Making the old island designs into pvp maps (more pvp maps)
-New weapons (axes maybe)
-A sleeping animation where instead of going into the afk position you lay down on the ground with your head over your crossed arm (or some classic sleeping portion idk)
- Those black boots in one of the loading screens (I think the one that explains how to walk or how to rotate your ship in a 360 degree angle, those look really nice)
-On may 4th all swords look like lightsabers (I'm a Star Wars fan lol)

Trading for sure maybe make some things not trade able and put limits on materials as well possibly timers on some items trading would make the game loads more funner than it already is. Keep up the great work devs and forum support :high5:

-Rank 100 + new quests so you would be able to progress even further
-A way to put away valuables without having to either sell them in your inventory or trash them
-Claim a residence on different Islands (for example Port Royal, Tortuga) and you would be able to get a house and build things inside of it and people could also visit

Would like tell everyone have a Happy New Year! And a great big thanks to the staff and everyone else for such an awesome year!

I got a idea for a new weapon, Why not a DB shotgun.... They came out in the late 1800's to Early 1900's It would be like the blunder buss except with 2 shots in staid of 1 it would be super rare only found in loot.... The reload would be shorter then the blunder buss but longer then the musket. The Damage would be about what a Repeater pistols damage is, and you can walk with the take aim turned on! I think that would be cool!

Sure there were bugs, and it was certainly a rocky start
I have to point out that it was a moody start as well.

Reply to this thread giving your feedback and you might just see that change appear in the game! We are open to hearing everything and anything! To us, no idea is a bad idea -- even if it is -- we want to hear from YOU.​
#BringBackMoodRock

2d90b78e27338c5b0c1685947b1ad4bc.png

Last edited:
Congrats! You guys deserve it!

There's a few things I'd like to see return. These I feel are more realistically possible at this point. That were at one point in the game.

The sails drop and recede sound effect. (original potco)

High Seas soundtrack return when you're idle on your ship. (original potco)

(Cutlass) Brawl sound effect. (original potco)

Whenever you pull out a weapon on a ship at any time He's a Pirate plays. (original potco)

The original opening cutscenes in the game. (original potco)

And my very personal request, a Eagle Emblem for sails.

More difficult requests.

The original ship launch animation. (when you swing onto your ship, more open world)

Original islands.

Thanks guys, you're the best! <3

Who´s mood rock some staff member or what?
Mood Rock was a very special rock on Port Royal (specifically on Fort Charles facing the dock) who would constantly change into a variety of colors. A possible explanation as to why Mood Rock changed colors involved ambient occlusion, which was theorized by @Deckshot. More on Mood Rock can be read here. (You will have to scroll through a bunch of stuff, but the first post and Deckshot's second post on page 3 are what you would want to see. Jack Scuryfoote posted a time lapse of Mood Rock on the first page as well. Here is the link to the video)
Mood Rock was taken out with tlopo-rc-v1.0.0 on May 21st, 2017.
BringBackMoodRock.gif

What is funny about you mentioning Mood Rock as a staff member is that a GM named Mood Rock popped up earlier today.
6a6f57d29621cc0a96f6fc1f3f2b7cc2.png

Last edited:
W4ojNj2.jpg

Hey, everyone!

It’s been a long and amazing journey with you all, and today, in our final post of 2017, we want to share with you one of our proudest milestones. First, though, let’s take a quick recap of how we’ve gotten to where we are…

When Closed Beta first started, we had no idea what to expect. The future was rife with opportunity, the community was buzzing with excitement, and we were on the edge of our seats for opening day. By and large, it was a massive success! Sure there were bugs, and it was certainly a rocky start, but we powered through it thanks to the neverending support from you all!

Eventually, after a ton of work and sleepless nights from the developers, the 2013 update hit. Boy, that was a fun one! With everything that plagued the original Beta in December fixed, the team moved forward with renewed vigor and worked quickly and diligently to fix up the new release for everyone. At the time, we had around 350 players online at any given time, and we couldn’t be happier… that is until the number rose even higher:

ga2nd2Aaq_WHrxhd3O1ec4VWj1WanL4gfDqgitvmdDYwcuWPMzcPpxAgswnXVvTuYodaS0fxf3IJzAMP3sJVEISF_7qG4hsuI4m-pXPrCjm8mSVgSWmY5mHsYLLC6nOocM7acs1u

A whopping 575 players! An amazing record! We couldn’t believe our eyes. Could things get any better?! They did! To our surprise, this record was sustained. On most days, we now have over 700 players online at once!

You guys continued to shock and amaze us as the year went on. We came tantalizingly close to 1,000 players online at once multiple times throughout Beta. Now, with the release of the Raven’s Cove Story Quest, we have finally reached that goal!

ewYcbN3xEPA0xWJhJL61GE28gTR-fGyK9G-ek1ZYPRXvW32KQjBHkTpEPKXeM1eg6Nqyb2FiCH_t8byyR6ssKoTemXQVZOrp03kRJ8gYw5pPpft1C8Pmp3uj_vEpMXsi0F-CSqFa

Over 1,000 players online at once!!

It’s because of each and every one of you that we’ve made it this far, and we couldn’t be happier with the amazing community we’ve rebuilt over the past few years! Having finally reached the milestone of 1,000 players… we want to give back to you all!

We have dozens of enhancements we’re already in the process of developing. These changes include all new options for sailing customization, new weapons, new clothes, new sailing items, and best of all: What YOU want us to do. That’s right, we want to hear from YOU on what we should tweak with the game!

Is there something that you find annoying or grindy that you’d like to see changed? Do you have a really cool idea for a future quest or weapon? Do you have an idea for a new ship material? Reply to this thread giving your feedback and you might just see that change appear in the game! We are open to hearing everything and anything! To us, no idea is a bad idea -- even if it is -- we want to hear from YOU.

We really cannot thank you all enough, and we hope to see you on the High Seas! Congratulations, everyone! We are forever in this together as one community, one POTCO, and now as one TLOPO!

Sincerely,

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online
Amazing job guys... now to get the rams, charms, and other sailing goodies to work! As for suggestions, How about being able to turn the stern deck guns aft to fire over the stern? I would also personally love to be able to upgrade my light sloop. How about the ability to fish off of your ship? Or purchase a fishing vessel? Lastly could we please buy more then 3 ships?

MORE story quests (or regular, longer ones lol).. SOMEthing for higher levels to do :) But mainly, I think I speak for everyone.. we could figure out the crashing situation once and for all? If its a matter of servers, maybe you guys would be willing to set up a crowdfunding for new servers or something. I'm sure there are lots of us here willing to donate to our favorite game :)

Advanced Guilds
Currently, guilds are rather simple, with three (four if you count guildmaster) ranks. However, this can seem rather bland and two-dimensional. I think letting the guildmaster create customized ranks with different powers would be a welcome addition to guilds. To go along with this, a sort of guild island, where depending on how many people you have in your guild, it will allow you to construct different buildings, which the guild contributes to. Some of the buildings could perhaps be a treasury/bank, where guild members can contribute money and materials for use in building, and weapons and clothing for other players to pick up. Another could be a guild hall, which lets you purchase rare items that wouldn't normally be available, and provides a place to gather. In short, the island would essentially be like a city, with weapons shops, clothing shops, etc, with a few unique buildings. More buildings would be a watchtower (self explanatory) and a barracks, which is upgraded as the guild gets bigger, and enables you to hire NPCs to defend your island, which leads into the third part of the advanced guilds, guild wars. For this to occur, two guilds have to agree to this, which would require the guildmasters to "declare war" via a function within the guild hall. In these wars, the two guilds will attack each other's islands, with both PvP and SvS being featured simultaneously. The attacking guild will have to get through whatever naval defenses the defender puts up, whether that be ships, either player or NPC; or forts where players can engage in something similar to cannon defense, or something else. If the attacker can get through the naval defenses, then they begin the PvP phase, where they deal with the watchtowers, players, NPCs, etc. In order to win the attack, the attacking guild has to destroy blockades set up around strategic buildings, like the guild hall, barracks, etc. If they can't destroy the blockades, then they are forced to retreat and lose that particular battle. The war either goes on for an agreed-upon amount of time, until one of the guilds loses their island defense (which means all the blockades were destroyed), or until the other guild surrenders. Now, to make this a little more interesting, guilds can be allied with each other, and they can come into the war as well if the guild they are allied with request help, regardless of whether or not war has been declared by both guildmasters.
Obviously, this would be a massive overhaul, and I have no idea how it would be implemented, if it's even possible, but it's something I've thought about a decent bit. More text-wall type ideas may come, but I don't feel like writing more right now :p

In order from most important to least important
#1 - A scroll system on the sailing plunder screen
#2 (Tied with #1) - Every saturday or sunday or whatever we should have a period of time for double rep, double materials, increased loot odds, double gold, etc (We rotate every week). I say like 3PM to 5PM EST. This will encourage many players to all come on at once and there will be a lot of organized events by the pirates.
#3 (Also tied with #1 and #2) - Cannon defense, cannon rams, and sailing items
#4 - Make potions less grindy or just remove the potion leveling system all together
#5 - More bosses. I'd love to see something like Davy Jones as a boss on Tormenta that is just like Foulberto Smasho but instead he only drops swords.

Last edited:
I'd like to see the looting changed, some people have an easier time on getting fames and legendaries then others, I know it supposed to be random but its not random when someone can get like 10 fames a day and maybe 5 legendaries a day, I've seen it happen. With the cursed blades coming back I'd like to see the loot drops fixed, even and fair for all players. I'd also like to see Barbossa's gun and the sword of triton back in game however I recommend the sword of trition being a legendary or famed with intense or something special of an ability instead of the way it was in POTCO. It is Blackbeards sword so shouldn't it be a legendary? I also think the Queen Anne's Revenge should be the size of a war brig, it would make it harder to take down. I'd also like to see this so called sea serpent supposed to be in game, I'd like to see the Jolly Roger invasions returned. I also think it be cool if there was a quest where the player got to find Jolly's lair or hideout and some sort of big fight where the player got to fight Jolly and win some reward at the end of it.

Back