Blog Post Looking Forward!

I don't want anything new yet.
I want sailing items to work, I want weapon buffs to work such as unable to be knocked down, unable to be stunned, unable to be set on fire, or unable to be snared (to name a few). I want undead ships to not give you a bounty (I think that's how it was in potco). I want weapon movements to be seen by all players regardless whether or not you are hitting an enemy (including grenade throws, sword swings and staff spells). I want cannon defense. I want invasions. I want loot how it was in potco (idk if this one is possible).
That's all I can think of right now.
i agree with this on so many levels... we can never see anything! no staff no grenades etc...

Honestly, I'd love to see a new hairstyle for girls - I have long hair, and love it, and would like if my avatar could reflect it. The longest hair for female avatars at the moment is a little below shoulder-length, and it frames their face in a rather unbecoming manner. If we could have long hair with a different, prettier front, I'd really like that!

I have many ideas and have no clue if they have already been posted, since it takes time to read all previous posts - so I'll post anything I come up with separately.

One idea is easier sell system:

* Mouse left click - each and every item you want to sell.

* Then ... when all the items needed to be sold - are highlighted - I simply click a sell button, and

* ... all sold with one bash on a button, instead of dragging each item separately to merchants bag.

Last edited:
Idea:

When loot sailing, some items are below the window and can't be seen.

Please implement a scroll bar so it is possible to see all loot. Then it should be possible to pick the items you want and/or need.

This way all items needed to be trashed can be left in the loot window, and you only pick the useful items.

Mostly it seems that items outside the window (below) leaves me in doubt of how much I risk could be missed, so I just click loot all.

Will also save people time instead of a later trashing process.

Idea:

Double the ammo hold on all types. If you increase the price for the items that increases ammo hold (lets say 10 times), and then double the increment of the hold - then I only need to teleport to Pork island (Porc), half the times.
I am a dedicated cannoneer, and a double hold means a bit better planning.

Idea:

A guild hideout.

A separate server where guilds can buy prebuilt houses and hold meetings to plan, if they want or need to plan.

When you enter a house it functions as a separate instance, so all can speak freely without evesdropping.

I know that guild members can speak and plan in guild chat, but people outside guild can't enter guild chat.

Then again - we have crew chat, but since Company D loved the idea, and mailed me a personal response it sounded as they backed up my argument that it would give the game a personal feeling that you have a place you belong.

You asked for brainstorming - this is one example. People that don't like the idea can simply refrain from buying a hide out.

Idea:

A buy back bag - with 10 (or more slots) that has forward and backward arrows so the last 100 items can be bought back.

Sometimes the trash selling goes so fast (when loot sailing), that I once discovered I sold an item I would have kept.

Last edited:
Idea:

I know you will come up with a probably new, changed or icreased skill point system.

Though - being able to add one point for each notoriety level you have + the basic two, means more personal skill settings.

It means 52 points and up to 10 points in a skill.

Increment in percentage for each point could be as high as 5 % for each point added (up to 50 % increase of basic skill) - and other additions could be like that.

The end result means differentiation in skills beween players and probably leads to a support of more personal preferences or play style.

Last edited:
Idea: New ammo types.

Add oil to a cannoneers skills that will add to a faster firing rate.

Add disease grease to a ships cannonballs that leads to a ships crew in svs having their health slowly deteriorated.

Add Fury and/or Thunderbolts to pistol ammo.

Add Fury and/or Thunderbolts to grenades.

After all - it is a magic game - right ?

- Ability to semi-lock items in your inventory that you don't want to sell. You would need to verify the sell of that item
- CD of course with all the good cannon rams
- Somewhat more cursed blades and legendary items. I have taken 2 pirates to level 50 and never seen either of those.
- Better lootable staves (staffs) - everything I get is very low level
- Rewards for fixing ships - loot, experience points, something. NOT for doing the onshore ship repair puzzles
- The ability to boot or not reward people who hop on just to laze about and never, ever work.
- The ability to not allow pirates you don't want aboard to join your pillage - maybe limited to 50 or so pirates
- The ability to see what is in the hold of a ship before hopping aboard
- The ability to put up a very short description of the purpose of the pillage
- Don't reward anyone who joins and then does nothing after you are full of loot
- Lots of things to fix that you know about; disconnects for no reason, stupid broadsides at nothing, etc.
- Limit servers to around 125 pirates. Way too many crashes and resets on over crowded servers
- If a server is going to be reset, PLEASE give us 5 minutes to port with a warning at 5, 3, and 1 minute

DO NOT: .
- Allow trading. Pirates should WORK for their items, not get them from friends, alts, guild mates
- FEWER (heretical statement here) good weapons from holiday or whatever periods via codes

I know I have more ideas I just can't remember this minute. The game is really good as it is, but could be made so much better. I know you all are working on it. You have done so well. I truly appreciate all you have done. I wish I could do more to help than just play the game and report bugs in-game. Thanks for everything!

I would love to see different models possibly implemented in the future for legendary or famed weapons. I feel as though many look quite similar, and this could add a bit of diversity to our loot!

Idea:

Add Culverine cannon types to a ships armament - like we have diferent weapon types. A Culverine is a cannon type with a longer barrel and smaller caliber (than a normal cannon) - thus being able to fire cannonballs at a longer distance with greater precision.

Cannonballs offer 75 % of normal max damage - but range increase is 25 or 30 % %.

I am definetely a long range cannoneer and innumerous times I could have used an increased range.

How to add to a ship:

Before a launch and until changed - the Captain of the ship changes the necessary cannon types.

Advantage is that a specific cannoneer - mastering a long range aim - could have this cannon type placed on a ship, thus adding a personal skill to the damage performance.

All gunners can use this cannon type, but it benefits the long range gunner, the Captain of a ship since pre damaging and set a ship on fire, can be useful ... especially in SvS.

It is also useful in attracting npc ships attention at a longer range - circling already attracted ships - until it is so close that normal gunnery can be exercised.

In environmental battles the Captain can have all cannon types changed to Culverines, thus increasing range of broadsides - though with decreased damage.

Cannon types like Carronades can also be added:

They served as short range - damage terror weapons, with much less range than normal cannons, but with such an increase in damage that they took out ships or crews long before boardings could be performed.

I wish we could use our sailing items and cannon items to boost our stats. I think grenades didn't get enough attention in the old POTCO, so I think it would be wonderful to have more kinds with stat boosts. A few more ideas that would be cool, would be to have a captains quarters on our ships (in the back where the cabin is) where we have a storage for both clothing and weapons/items. It'd be nice to have more space for ships, along with a slot to buy our own fishing boat and customizing it. Another great addition, would be pets and mounts, traveling on foot can sometimes be very tedious, so it'd be very helpful to have something to make you travel faster on the islands. Overall, you guys are doing a fantastic job bringing this game back to life and no thanks is great enough to express our gratitude. Thank you so much Devs, hope you have a wonderful New Years!

What do I want? good question before I wanted Raven's Cove you gave me that.. but now? I would love it if you would fix the sailing items next right, but as a major update? A new island, Shipwreck Isle a navy Ship Of The Line crashes into this new island, you journey upon it, wondering how no one is around, no bodies or signs of blood on the ship. You journey deeper into the island to discover something evil is on it, a much stronger enemy thats like level 50 boss, and upon entering the island, your level cap extends to 60.

Imagine if Guilds could build a house or manor that represents their guild on one of the islands. A Guild HQ in a sense. The guild master could choose one of the set locations. Guild members could drop materials into a chest or something at the spot so that the guild collectively gathers materials to build it. Just like the sails of a ship you could customize a banner for the guild.

Inside there could be the standard merchants (peddler, gypsy, etc.), tables to play card games at as well as a table to make potions. There could also be picture frames on the walls that can be filled with screen shots from guild activities and get together's (though this may be impossible). To insure no one would post anything inappropriate the Guild Master would have to approve of it. The guild master would choose what they want to display to show others how the guild is.

This is an Idea that I think would bring guilds closer together as well as give them a place to call home and really put effort into. Like this comment if you think that this is a good Idea that could make a good addition to The Legend Of Pirates Online.

Last edited:
An Island Invasion

I foresee a sea shrouded in fog and gloom. Within this bit of gloomy sea sits a silent, tiny isle draped in dark mist. This isle is, in fact, completely enveloped by a Victorian, seaport town with small wharfs and narrow, cobbled streets. Along the streets are decrepit two-story buildings with overhanging balconies, all inundated with damp moss and murky shadows. There is a treasure to be found in this town - a treasure randomly placed by a protecting company of pirate ghosts whose aggression and ferociousness to protect their treasure is renowned in pirate lore.

For a captain and his crew foolhardy enough to attempt to steal the treasure, they will find that, upon landing, they will need to stand together as a firm unit in order to defeat the ghost defenses. Woe to those who fail, but, by the grace of the gods, when a majority of their unit is defeated, they will be teleported to the Raven’s Cove Jail.

Rumor has it that there are lone ghost-watchers as well as bands of roving ghosts. Further, if the captain and his crew are not stealthy enough, the whole town may be aroused. Too much talking, any traps, or any loud noises, among other things, could cause this mishap.

Mastery Fusion

Allow two or more of the same weapon to be fused into a stronger weapon with an additional skill.

Example: Two "Lost Sword of El Patron" gets combined (for a price) and it adds 5 damage to the sword, or maybe an additional skill such as Critical Strike 1.

Back