Blog Post Looking Forward!

how about you people fix the drop rates! its dumb how many people have gotten famed or legendary cursed blades in a day when every day players like me barely get 1! starting to think you people favor who gets fames and legendaries! seriously your drop rates are unfair and something needs to be done about it!

The game is moving along fantastically!!! Love all the changes and great things that have been done. For changes I would like to see Cannon defense brought back and some way to make doing potions quicker. I think that is why people dislike potions so much. They are so slow to level up and it is boring and monotonous. Maybe make each potion that is done worth more to make it go some faster. And last but not least, get the bugs fixed in sailing. Especially on Abassa so many get disconnected a lot.

It's not going fantastically at all! They need to fix the drop rates! Not gonna stop bringing this up till they get the message! There are people who get more fames than others and it's downright unfair

Last edited by a moderator:
how about you people fix the drop rates! its dumb how many people have gotten famed or legendary cursed blades in a day when every day players like me barely get 1! starting to think you people favor who gets fames and legendaries! seriously your drop rates are unfair and something needs to be done about it!
Are you really accusing us of adjusting drop rates based on which in-game account is getting the loot?

I didn't get many good weapons in POTCO like some of my friends did but in TLOPO I have seen much better. I have more good weapons with one of my pirates than the others so I know it is not based on an individuals account. It is luck, pure luck.

No simply saying the creators have their drop rates one sided and how unequal it is. Drops need to be equal because the drops make this game unfair and not too much fun to play when others are getting the best stuff and every day, hard working players get total crap in loot skulls! Not accusing anyone but the creators that they have no idea what the hell theyre doing

Last edited by a moderator:
No simply saying the creators have their drop rates one sided and how unequal it is. Drops need to be equal because the drops make this game unfair and not too much fun to play when others are getting the best stuff and every day, hard working players get total crap in loot skulls! Not accusing anyone but the creators that they have no idea what theyre doing
Thanks, we "creators" value your input. It's fine community members such as yourself that make our efforts all worthwhile.

I vote against trading.

Barbossa's Fury - I wrote a thread about it here.

Scroll bar for sailing loot.

Repairing as a skill.

Fishing loot buff.

Cannon Defense.

Sailing loot is kinda a mess...

Add Seven Seas Repeater to loot. (not sure why this weapon is discontinued)

Boss loot buff

Norrington's Spyglass - Only found in Sailing loot.

More materials; more ship upgrades.

Carrack as a purchasable ship type.
Screen Shot 2018-01-02 at 1.26.09 PM.png
Wiki page about Carracks

Mac loot container lid glitch -
Screen Shot 2017-09-06 at 7.33.57 AM.png

Invasions

Famed Grenades; Grenade weapon families

Wearable Eye Patches

Heart of Padres del Fuego - Only lootable on Padres as well as the removal of the Thrust Boost.

Isla escondida/new island where pirates can find cursed loot; another place for high level players to loot.

Potions Overhaul? - make mastering potions more rewarding.

Mac Sailing crash - Mac users have to turn sound off when sailing.

Dont Bring Mood Rock back :p :p :p :p

Compasses as a Sailing item class -
jacks-compass-png.91895

Working Sailing items

Spanish/French enemies' ranged attack glitch
Loot container glowing sparkles not appearing
Not being able to open blunderbuss loot
Flagships are glitchy....
Broadsides shooting backwards trying to hit hunters
Caps lock doesn't work on Mac
Not being able to open Foulberto loot 50% of the time
Not being asked to rejoin crew after disconnect

Last edited:
Yeah well there needs to be equal luck in the drops otherwise it's unfair how much luck one gets
Do you have one character or more than one? Sometimes when you make more characters you will find that some of them get better weapons/clothes, etc than others. If you only have one character, try making another one and see if your odds improve.

I got a lot of ideas that I would love to see in-game. Only one of them has been implemented into the game so far (gold limit). The order doesn't reflect how much I want them, just added them to the list in a random order.

IDEA 4

Potions overhaul

Since the Potions discussion is now closed, I will reply here.

One of the major reasons people don't use potions very much is a matter of convenience as well as being mentally aware they're available. Currently, the only way to use a potion is to take the time to look through your inventory and select one from the shelves. And unless you've memorized the icons, it's not easy to remember which is which.

Meanwhile, if you're in combat, you're getting wailed on by a MOB as you figure out what potion might be good to bring up.

Perhaps, like the Weapons Selection, a Potion Selection could be added which allows you to pre-load 3-5 potions with a hotkey possibly, if not just a mouse click. This would allow on the fly usage. And might motivate more players to actually use potions beyond the humorous ones.

Please fix the quest arrow so it can point us to the right place so we don't have to guess where we need to go. Also whenever we need to sink ships for a quest, can ya'll fix the quest light to shine on the ships that we need to sink instead of shining it behind Port Royal when the ships appear? Lastly, can ya'll make it where Jolly ships don't attack you unless you have the flag like Navy/EITC ships?

(I know it's a lot to ask, but I'd really appreciate it if you guys take the time to fix these issues)

PS: can't wait to see what you guys have plan for this year!!!

Last edited:
W4ojNj2.jpg

Hey, everyone!

It’s been a long and amazing journey with you all, and today, in our final post of 2017, we want to share with you one of our proudest milestones. First, though, let’s take a quick recap of how we’ve gotten to where we are…

When Closed Beta first started, we had no idea what to expect. The future was rife with opportunity, the community was buzzing with excitement, and we were on the edge of our seats for opening day. By and large, it was a massive success! Sure there were bugs, and it was certainly a rocky start, but we powered through it thanks to the neverending support from you all!

Eventually, after a ton of work and sleepless nights from the developers, the 2013 update hit. Boy, that was a fun one! With everything that plagued the original Beta in December fixed, the team moved forward with renewed vigor and worked quickly and diligently to fix up the new release for everyone. At the time, we had around 350 players online at any given time, and we couldn’t be happier… that is until the number rose even higher:

ga2nd2Aaq_WHrxhd3O1ec4VWj1WanL4gfDqgitvmdDYwcuWPMzcPpxAgswnXVvTuYodaS0fxf3IJzAMP3sJVEISF_7qG4hsuI4m-pXPrCjm8mSVgSWmY5mHsYLLC6nOocM7acs1u

A whopping 575 players! An amazing record! We couldn’t believe our eyes. Could things get any better?! They did! To our surprise, this record was sustained. On most days, we now have over 700 players online at once!

You guys continued to shock and amaze us as the year went on. We came tantalizingly close to 1,000 players online at once multiple times throughout Beta. Now, with the release of the Raven’s Cove Story Quest, we have finally reached that goal!

ewYcbN3xEPA0xWJhJL61GE28gTR-fGyK9G-ek1ZYPRXvW32KQjBHkTpEPKXeM1eg6Nqyb2FiCH_t8byyR6ssKoTemXQVZOrp03kRJ8gYw5pPpft1C8Pmp3uj_vEpMXsi0F-CSqFa

Over 1,000 players online at once!!

It’s because of each and every one of you that we’ve made it this far, and we couldn’t be happier with the amazing community we’ve rebuilt over the past few years! Having finally reached the milestone of 1,000 players… we want to give back to you all!

We have dozens of enhancements we’re already in the process of developing. These changes include all new options for sailing customization, new weapons, new clothes, new sailing items, and best of all: What YOU want us to do. That’s right, we want to hear from YOU on what we should tweak with the game!

Is there something that you find annoying or grindy that you’d like to see changed? Do you have a really cool idea for a future quest or weapon? Do you have an idea for a new ship material? Reply to this thread giving your feedback and you might just see that change appear in the game! We are open to hearing everything and anything! To us, no idea is a bad idea -- even if it is -- we want to hear from YOU.

We really cannot thank you all enough, and we hope to see you on the High Seas! Congratulations, everyone! We are forever in this together as one community, one POTCO, and now as one TLOPO!

Sincerely,

~ The Crew @ The Legend of Pirates Online

I don't want anything new yet.
I want sailing items to work, I want weapon buffs to work such as unable to be knocked down, unable to be stunned, unable to be set on fire, or unable to be snared (to name a few). I want undead ships to not give you a bounty (I think that's how it was in potco). I want weapon movements to be seen by all players regardless whether or not you are hitting an enemy (including grenade throws, sword swings and staff spells). I want cannon defense. I want invasions. I want loot how it was in potco (idk if this one is possible).
That's all I can think of right now.

I want to see the Raven's Cove quest FINISHED. Something that bugged me was that you just got the blade and that was it. No stopping the blockade. No boss battle. It was underwhelming. I would love to see a unique boss battle developed for the quest!

Thanks for all the work done, more than saying something that I'd want, I'm gonna say something I vote against: trading.
Besides that mainly i'd like to see more weapons.

Back