Glitch Loot Feedback

Land Loot is going very well, I think the percentage for brights/famed/rare items etc. are a bit high. Boss loot for somebody like DH went very well (looted him for around 1-1.5 hours)

I know I replied earlier, but I wanted to cover this in a bit more detail. Please correct me if I am wrong in any of these details.

Loot Pouches:
  • Minimum of 1 item
  • Maximum of 4 items
  • Item quality ranges from CRUDE to FAMED
  • Limit ONE clothing item per container
  • Limit ONE weapon OR charm per container
  • No restrictions on anything that has to be in the container: contents can have any combination of weapon, clothing item, cards, valuables, ammo, and gold

Loot Chests:
  • Minimum of 2 items
  • Maximum of 5 items
  • Item quality ranges from CRUDE to LEGENDARY
  • Must have either a weapon or a clothing item (or both) in addition to any number of cards, valuables, ammo, and gold (I'm not sure on this restriction - I think there doesn't have to be a "main" item in these. Can anyone confirm?)

Loot Skull Chests:
  • Minimum of 2 items
  • Maximum of 6 items
  • Item quality ranges from COMMON to LEGENDARY
  • Must have either a weapon or a clothing item (or both) in addition to any number of cards, valuables, ammo, and gold

General drop rates, miscellaneous:
Again, please let me know if I missed anything. Trying to shake the rust out of my looting knowledge.

Last edited:
I know I replied earlier, but I wanted to cover this in a bit more detail. Please correct me if I am wrong in any of these details.

Loot Pouches:
  • Minimum of 1 item
  • Maximum of 4 items
  • No restrictions on anything that has to be in the container: contents can have any combination of weapon, clothing item, cards, valuables, ammo, and gold

Loot Chests:
  • Minimum of 2 items
  • Maximum of 5 items
  • Must have either a weapon or a clothing item (or both) in addition to any number of cards, valuables, ammo, and gold (I'm not sure on this restriction - I think there doesn't have to be a "main" item in these. Can anyone confirm?)

Loot Skull Chests:
  • Minimum of 2 items
  • Maximum of 6 items
  • Must have either a weapon or a clothing item (or both) in addition to any number of cards, valuables, ammo, and gold

Again, please let me know if I missed anything. Trying to shake the rust out of my looting knowledge.
Doesn't seem like that's correct got one item out of a skull chest
screenshot_2016-12-19_21-19-21.jpg

Loot Pouches:
  • Minimum of 1 item
  • Maximum of 4 items

Loot Chests:
  • Minimum of 2 items
  • Maximum of 5 items

Loot Skull Chests:
  • Minimum of 2 items
  • Maximum of 6 items

Pretty sure loot chests and loot skull chests must contain a weapon, but a clothing item is optional. Also worth mentioning that the admiral line being found in the Thrall Room is likely because of an anomaly where Thrall Captains can give the Captain's Cutlass due to the name. I've seen this happen with the French Undead Capitaines as well. The whole Tormenta thing with the repeaters reminds me of an argument I got into with Punkin Pie back in POTCO since I don't believe a Skullbone Repeater can be dropped by the ghosts in South Idol, as I have seen nothing in its group be dropped by them. However, I do believe all brights are on equal footing in TLOPO at the moment, as I've already found three "common" brights and I'm only level 24, one of them being collateral ship loot.

Also worth mentioning that the admiral line being found in the Thrall Room is likely because of an anomaly where Thrall Captains can give the Captain's Cutlass due to the name. I've seen this happen with the French Undead Capitaines as well.
Ooooh, never put two and two together. This makes sense.

The whole Tormenta thing with the repeaters reminds me of an argument I got into with Punkin Pie back in POTCO since I don't believe a Skullbone Repeater can be dropped by the ghosts in South Idol, as I have seen nothing in its group be dropped by them.
So I'm not the only one, then. Certain weapon groups are being "secretly" assigned to certain locations/enemy groups. There isn't just one division between cursed loot and "regular" loot. It's a lot more multi-faceted than meets the eye.

So I'm not the only one, then. Certain weapon groups are being "secretly" assigned to certain locations/enemy groups. There isn't just one division between cursed loot and "regular" loot. It's a lot more multi-faceted than meets the eye.
Exactly. This explains why weapons such as the War Bayonet and Brigadier's Bayonet are rarely found; they're only dropped by navy guards, who have no very lootable boss and most pirates don't have that high a gun level when looting the Kingshead veterans. For proof, someone in the loot thread got the War Bayonet from the vets and I personally looted one from them in the original POTCO as well, but nowhere else have I seen it drop.
screenshot_2013-06-01_17-00-53.jpg
Meanwhile, other famed guns like the Grand Blunderbuss are found by more pirates because it's pretty much proven to be dropped by every kind of enemy in the game. Didn't stop me from taking half a year to get it, though...

Just got another genius comparison for the weapon string deal: cursed blades. My theory is that cursed blades are not dropped on islands: cursed blades are dropped by certain enemies, being Davy Jones' crew, ghosts and fire bats. They can't be found via looting the crabs on Tormenta because they appear on different islands and it would take excess coding to have only the Tormenta crabs drop cursed blades.

Just got another genius comparison for the weapon string deal: cursed blades. My theory is that cursed blades are not dropped on islands: cursed blades are dropped by certain enemies, being Davy Jones' crew, ghosts and fire bats. They can't be found via looting the crabs on Tormenta because they appear on different islands and it would take excess coding to have only the Tormenta crabs drop cursed blades.
You two may just be figuring this out. Nice job lol. Stuff like this will get it so close <3

Pouches, chests, and loot skulls can only be accessed and claimed by one person it seems, because when I'm looting with someone else, and they access the drop first, I can't access it. The drops also seem to disappear far too quickly, as well as spawning underground and above ground.

So far everything John has mentioned is what I remember to be true from POTCO looting. Also, The iron priming ram... the best explosive famed ram was only distributed through Sailing if I am not mistaken. Cory No-Ko is, is the MOST knowledgeable person on the POTCO loot mechanics. Cory No-Ko was the ONLY pirate to ever loot every single famed/legendary and bright in the game. Including the Admirals cutlass and the infamous Iron Priming ram.

Pouches, chests, and loot skulls can only be accessed and claimed by one person it seems, because when I'm looting with someone else, and they access the drop first, I can't access it.
This is when someone takes everything, it disappears for everyone. Quite the dilemma at Kingshead. Should be addressed soon.

Also, I may be onto something big. Some loot skull chests may be having identity crises. I think there may be two kind of skull chests. This is because the skull chests that contain a crude are usually all-around horrible and 100% crude, but then some skulls contain commonplace skull chest items with no traces of crude items. Let's call these two types of skulls "bad skulls" and "good skulls." Here are a few exmaples of bad skulls. Note the extreme lack of anything even common and sometimes not even having a weapon to start with:
screenshot_2016-12-19_15-19-54.jpg screenshot_2016-12-19_00-08-49.jpg screenshot_2016-12-18_21-44-29.jpg
All of this is pouch-tier, if that. The game may be giving skulls but not programming them to be so. Now, here are some good skulls. While I haven't actually found a famed in a skull on land yet, these seem more skull-ish than the above. Notice that there is nothing crude at all in these:
screenshot_2016-12-19_16-37-42.jpg screenshot_2016-12-19_16-42-31.jpg
There's no overlap. It's either crude or no crude. Of course, there may be more to this. This loot chest seemed awfully packed for a measly chest and would definitely fit a skull chest better. When I sent this find to my brother, I had to manually point out the loot container:
screenshot_2016-12-19_00-43-52.jpg
TL;DR: Certain skull chests may be getting mixed up with chests and pouches, but not all of them, and there's no overlap between these two types of skulls.

Attachments

• screenshot_2016-12-19_16-42-31.jpg
    screenshot_2016-12-19_16-42-31.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:

Loot Pouches:
  • Minimum of 1 item
  • Maximum of 4 items

Loot Chests:
  • Minimum of 2 items
  • Maximum of 5 items

Loot Skull Chests:
  • Minimum of 2 items
  • Maximum of 6 items

I thought I remembered a few times in POTCO that a loot skull chest had TWO weapons, actually. It would normally be one rare or one famed, and one common of a different variety. For instance, I believe I got a famed dagger and common broadsword in one loot package.

Unfortunately, I don't think I have screenshots, but I'm going to go search through all the same. Overall, I feel like loot drops are pretty normal in TLOPO so far. I've only gotten my hands on one rare sword so far, and I know Under picked up the rare cutlasses much more quickly in POTCO, actually. He didn't get first famed until he started the Raven's Cove quest, though. Maybe there's a level contribution to what loot is picked up? I also haven't gotten any of the poison pistols yet, and was getting all sorts of those in POTCO--used Bush Master for a long time....I do believe there should be connections as well to previous loot and loot that is found. I had multiple weapons I had in rare that I later on found the famed replica, from Rattler (common) up to Bush Master pistol; to Monkey or Poison sword from common to famed. Especially if I was heavily using one, it seemed like the next level would be the one to pop up. So, sure, there are some detail differences at this point in the looting at this point, from what I'm seeing, but it's also been a small period of experimentation, as I have no Beta key and 3 hours a day goes by fast.

Keep up the great work, crew!

Edit: Found a shot. I was mistaken, it is one weapon. As for the fellow earlier who mentioned only getting 90 gold for plunder from Royal Chests, as you can see here that is the norm. BTW when we get Hunters back, I am all for the system going to the same as it was in POTCO--if you only shoot skeleton ships, you can fill up with RCs then attack Navy to add your loot and ship mats. The loot was cumulative, and I bet that's a heck of a bit of trouble to work out for TLOPO, getting the loot AND the gold. But here's a sea loot board:
screenshot_2013-09-19_00-57-39.jpg

Last edited:
I also haven't gotten any of the poison pistols yet, and was getting all sorts of those in POTCO--used Bush Master for a long time....
I got my Bush Master Pistol at Tormenta. It could be because enemies like navy grunts, skeletons and overall weaker enemies may not drop it. As we may be discovering, certain types of enemies drop certain weapon groups, if not a single weapon in that group. Loot is less random than we think.

Yeah, I don't expect bush master any time soon (I'm only a level 11) but the amount of rare swords (1 total) is less than I was getting in Potco for the time I've been about looting, if I remember correctly. It's difficult to compare because when they added the loot my main pirate was already like level 35. But I did have a new couple that I remember being able to loot weapons for to help their progress. Rare critical hit weapons and poisoning weapons were the first to show up, and those were as early as using level 5 or 6 in shooting or sword.

Back