Looting Loot from Ships poor

I have maximum treasure sense with an item that increases the boost by +1 (6 in total) and I consistently sink War Frigates, War Galleons, Hunters, Warships, etc. and will out of probably 20 ships get only 1-3 Royals total. Before you ask, I have tested this by sinking it by myself, another time with a crew at 20%-40% bonus, and again along with other ships, and the same result is present: lack of royal chests. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't starting to rage over this issue and got very upset.

My friend and I are also experiencing a bug where 'Open Fire' and 'Take Cover' will be used, but don't provide effects for some reason. It's significantly less annoying than lacking treasure, but it's still a problem that I'm not sure if there's a workaround for yet.

Any help/tips would be welcome, thanks!

Ahoy @RobertFirebeard01

Treasure Sense does not increase the chance of rare cargo to drop, but instead increases the quality of the loot by a certain percentage. I personally have not seen a change in the amount of Royal Chests dropping, and I am typically on the ocean quite a bit. Crew Bonus does not effect the chance of a certain type of loot to drop, nor does the amount of players aboard a ship. War Galleons are best known for their chance to drop Royal Chests from a multitude of tests, and these are generally your best bet.

If you are needing Gold and ships aren't doing it, I would recommend sitting down at a Blackjack table. You can make thousands upon thousands of gold per hour.

Also, to let you know, the Take Cover/Open Fire bug is known now, and there will most likely be a fix for it at some point in the future.

Fair Winds,

Misha

Thanks! I hadn't known that Treasure Sense was pertaining to the drops of the cargo rather than the cargo itself, and I'll assume that's why I got a Famed Broadsword with 77 attack in a loot pouch from a Viper lol. Thanks!

Tons of royal chests everywhere for me, of course I sink hundreds of ships. I've found that the drop rate for skull chests is highly variable and the loot quality is also highly variable often it's a huge struggle to get 3 skull chests then some other time it's relatively easy to get 10 or more. Just yesterday I picked up 3 skulls before hunters on my way to Kingshead and then struggled on the next run to only get 3 more in a full run that lasted well over an hour. I'm not sure there's a problem but the drop rate does change in this game often even though the developers say they didn't change it. A few months ago the drop rate went way up and stayed that way for months until the next update and then boom back to the way it was; now the drop rate seems to go up and down from run to run during all these changes the developers say they changed nothing; this leads me to think there's bugs afoot. Many will say I'm silly and rng just does that but they are wrong, rng doesn't change from update to update as the drop rate does.

Back