Loot is random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I give up. LD thinks he has to be right all the time.

And ignoring that there is a pattern is irrational as well. Foulberto Smasho's pattern: drops only daggers and throwing knives. Darkhart's pattern: drops more gold than others.

But whatever.

Remember though, I did give a warning as mod to this forum. Watch the tone of your replies and do not insult anyone or this topic will be closed.

You win LD, congrats.

Well, I give up. LD thinks he has to be right all the time.

And ignoring that there is a pattern is irrational as well. Foulberto Smasho's pattern: drops only daggers and throwing knives. Darkhart's pattern: drops more gold than others.

But whatever.

Remember though, I did give a warning as mod to this forum. Watch the tone of your replies and do not insult anyone or this topic will be closed.

You win LD, congrats.

Certain weapons are programmed to have a better likelihood of being found at higher level enemies in game. Yes, they did that on purpose. Gold is better at bosses. Foulberto was sealed up in that cave with his surrounding ghost friends with a bunch of knives. So that is the back story for that.

Please, don't make this personal by stating I always think I have to be right. I just debate things with people and if it ends up that they make a better and more sound point than me I am perfectly fine with that. I debated this with all of you and I was able to defend the fact that loot is random.

This is not personal at all. Thanks for giving some good suggestions though. Sorry you didn't really like my responses. :(

Small "loot" like ammo is not random. Notice if you use siege, you get more siege in loot? If you use vipers, you get more vipers in loot. If you use cannon ammo, you tend to get that in loot. I believe this thread is talking about bigger loot, as in famed and legendary weapons.
Looting famed and legendary weapons is random. Luck and persistence bring famed and legendary weapons.
If someone wants to believe a method works for them, that's only their opinion, and not facts.
I have to agree that a "test of theory" will not prove anything, other than see who is lucky and who was not.

- 2 people trying the same looting method - may both have bad luck, making the "theory" fail.

- 2 people trying the same looting method - may both have good luck and get legendary weapons. That would not mean the "theory" works.

- 2 people wearing a lucky outfit - 1 may get legendary and the other may not. The one who did not get good loot may change their outfit and get a great famed, and now they have a new lucky outfit.

If people want to try a theory and believe that it works, that is their choice or gullibility. The simple truth is
if you are persistent enough and keep looting, you should eventually get famed or legendary weapons.

Ok, maybe I explained my idea wrong.

I was not wanting to test what weapons fell. I'm not wanting to test out Charles' method. I can do that on my own or use it as a guideline to help me figure out a good way for me to loot.

I wanted to test out where gold drops more. Where cards drop more. Where ammo drops more.

I'm tired of beating a dead horse. Forget my idea it obviously was dumb. I only wanted to see what patterns bosses had for those items, not for what better weapons fell or from where.

Im tired of going in circles here. End of discussion on my idea, forget I ever mentioned it.

I really do not like the way you are attacking Warmonk and his method here. If you want to question it, that's fine, but do so nicely.

I also want to defend my fellow staff member because Kate was trying to find a solution to stop the arguing but you shot it down.

Whether it works or it is just people getting lucky, it doesn't matter. Try it if you want... sometimes his method might work and sometimes it won't. If you don't think his method works, don't do it and maybe you will have a higher chance at getting some legendary weapons.

I really do not like the way you are attacking Warmonk and his method here. If you want to question it, that's fine, but do so nicely.

I also want to defend my fellow staff member because Kate was trying to find a solution to stop the arguing but you shot it down.

Whether it works or it is just people getting lucky, it doesn't matter. Try it if you want... sometimes his method might work and sometimes it won't. If you don't think his method works, don't do it and maybe you will have a higher chance at getting some legendary weapons.

Nothing about this thread is personal. If his method is wrong, it is wrong. If I find that an experiment that someone devises may prove to be inaccurate, I will point it out. It is not his method that is working. It is looting that is working. That is the misconception I seek to clear out.

Hmm interesting theories no doubt. I have not allowed myself to read them all due to a lack of time which I seem to have and because of the hostility of several posts, which i find most disturbing.
Loot is random.

However, there are several constant-factors which we all have to accept about it. Without getting into detail, all those theories and most interesting methods about getting several or specific kinds of loot on specific locations are mostly true ( getting sudden ammo drops after using that ammo to defeat enemies among them ). There are of course certain situations in which there's no possible explanation save for randomness ( getting famed on pouchs, getting legendary weapons on considerably low levels ..... )- Still, through out my looting here at Potco, I've "tasted" each of this different methods, and I must say that they do have some use after all.

Some of these methods are based on mathematical reasoning taking into account chances and probability. All they do is establish protocols that can adapt one's looting behavior to these chances and percentages about the weapon-dropping-rate. I've found that some theories about several "looting servers" are correct up to a point. Sometimes a server has better loot than others, that IS a fact. A server that drops more skulls has more chances of dropping more famed and legendary weapons ( simple mathematical reasoning ). Think of it as if you were playing poker or BlackJack or any other card game. In Black Jack, there's more chances of getting black-jack if instead of having a card with a value of 10, you have an ace : if u have an ace, there are 16 other cards than can brighten your day; should you already have a card with the value of 10, there are now 4 other cards which can brighten your day, since there only 4 aces.... Of course, you'll tell me that that can be completely random depending on the way in which the croupier shuffles the cards, but it actually isn't, its just simple probability and maths.
There's the common mistake of misunderstanding a situation which handles low-probability-rates ( such as card games and looting ), with a situation in which things happen completely at random-----

One last comment : Disney says the "looting system" works at randomness. Now I wonder, taking into account the way Disney has abandoned Potco, is it really smart and wise to go for them when we want a good explanation about something game-related, when they cannot even protect a pirate-avatar from being disconnected by someone completely non-related to the account of that pirate-avatar or the computer which that player is using, managing to achieve this most coward goal with the simple use of some coding or third party program?

Hmm interesting theories no doubt. I have not allowed myself to read them all due to a lack of time which I seem to have and because of the hostility of several posts, which i find most disturbing.
Loot is random.

However, there are several constant-factors which we all have to accept about it. Without getting into detail, all those theories and most interesting methods about getting several or specific kinds of loot on specific locations are mostly true ( getting sudden ammo drops after using that ammo to defeat enemies among them ). There are of course certain situations in which there's no possible explanation save for randomness ( getting famed on pouchs, getting legendary weapons on considerably low levels ..... )- Still, through out my looting here at Potco, I've "tasted" each of this different methods, and I must say that they do have some use after all.

Some of these methods are based on mathematical reasoning taking into account chances and probability. All they do is establish protocols that can adapt one's looting behavior to these chances and percentages about the weapon-dropping-rate. I've found that some theories about several "looting servers" are correct up to a point. Sometimes a server has better loot than others, that IS a fact. A server that drops more skulls has more chances of dropping more famed and legendary weapons ( simple mathematical reasoning ). Think of it as if you were playing poker or BlackJack or any other card game. In Black Jack, there's more chances of getting black-jack if instead of having a card with a value of 10, you have an ace : if u have an ace, there are 16 other cards than can brighten your day; should you already have a card with the value of 10, there are now 4 other cards which can brighten your day, since there only 4 aces.... Of course, you'll tell me that that can be completely random depending on the way in which the croupier shuffles the cards, but it actually isn't, its just simple probability and maths.
There's the common mistake of misunderstanding a situation which handles low-probability-rates ( such as card games and looting ), with a situation in which things happen completely at random-----

One last comment : Disney says the "looting system" works at randomness. Now I wonder, taking into account the way Disney has abandoned Potco, is it really smart and wise to go for them when we want a good explanation about something game-related, when they cannot even protect a pirate-avatar from being disconnected by someone completely non-related to the account of that pirate-avatar or the computer which that player is using, managing to achieve this most coward goal with the simple use of some coding or third party program?

I would suggest you read all the theories and posts here. Overlooking the hostilities that may be present they are rather good. Looting theories that tell you to alter your behavior and change servers when you notice a lack of many skulls do appear to help players find a server that puts them in the right place at the right time. Every category in loot is affected differently. You may be more likely to find a doll if you have a high doll level but the exact doll you find is completely random.I think we are all getting rather lost in what kind of randomness Disney really used to program the loot drops. There are many formulations in coding that give a similar and adjacently different effect of random probability. There is no way to know the exact structure of loot drops and the formulas the game uses to determine them. I am not that familiar with the phase files or they extent of our access and intrusion into the exact coding of the game. If anyone can find it that would be nice. (Probably against the rules though)

Last edited by a moderator:
For me personally, looting a decent weapon is based on my luck.
Someone's "luck" may be a particular server, trying a theory or wearing a "lucky" outfit.
My luck is just going anywhere to loot and hoping for something good.
A lot of people want to believe something works, it gives them hope. I've tried theories, I've tried lucky outfits, and "lucky servers". The only thing that has proven to work for me, and that hasn't let me down, is the randomness of it.
I rely on that.

I would suggest you read all the theories and posts here. Overlooking the hostilities that may be present they are rather good. Looting theories that tell you to alter your behavior and change servers when you notice a lack of many skulls do appear to help players find a server that puts them in the right place at the right time. Every category in loot is affected differently. You may be more likely to find a doll if you have a high doll level but the exact doll you find is completely random.

Indeed.

Taking the hostility/emotional-personal-part out of the equation since it can be cause of unnecessary confusions and a most biased reasoning/response.... ( I'm not sure if I quite understood what you were trying to say, but I don't really think ANY type of hostility is good )

The loot methods, can be considered valid, and I myself wouldn't find it wise to analyze and judge their efficiency due to the fact that the area which is being discussed and analyzed is one where chances and probability are "the law" in a manner of speaking, and it can turn out to be very difficult to handle.

I made a looting experiment once. I created a new pirate, in which I only developed the sword-fighting skill. It was supposed to help me loot the whole cursed-blade collection along with other powerful not-cursed swords. I never actually got a legendary blade ( the farthest I got was lvl 33, since I got fed up and deleted the pirate... ), but I did achieve the interesting goal of having 6 different famed swords at level 30. So far, in all my other pirates, I was only in possession of one or two famed by the time i reached lvl 30.... ( this is meant to be another example of a possibly-successfully-proved looting method )

Theories are great!
I don't think Darknesz meant to insult you in anyway Charles. Darknesz was sharing what he found on one of the many theories but just happened to use yours for an example.

Indeed.

Taking the hostility/emotional-personal-part out of the equation since it can be cause of unnecessary confusions and a most biased reasoning/response.... ( I'm not sure if I quite understood what you were trying to say, but I don't really think ANY type of hostility is good )

The loot methods, can be considered valid, and I myself wouldn't find it wise to analyze and judge their efficiency due to the fact that the area which is being discussed and analyzed is one where chances and probability are "the law" in a manner of speaking, and it can turn out to be very difficult to handle.

I made a looting experiment once. I created a new pirate, in which I only developed the sword-fighting skill. It was supposed to help me loot the whole cursed-blade collection along with other powerful not-cursed swords. I never actually got a legendary blade ( the farthest I got was lvl 33, since I got fed up and deleted the pirate... ), but I did achieve the interesting goal of having 6 different famed swords at level 30. So far, in all my other pirates, I was only in possession of one or two famed by the time i reached lvl 30.... ( this is meant to be another example of a possibly-successfully-proved looting method )

Oh, lol. I wasn't calling the hostility good. I was referring to the content of the posts themselves which progress our knowledge on the matter. The methods themselves do a few good things. They tell people to loot. And they tell people to keep trying until they find what they are searching for.

That is all looting is. It is perseverance. Theories offer a sense of hope to the looter using them that they have an advantage in some way or another thanks to the method they are using.

Oh, lol. I wasn't calling the hostility good. I was referring to the content of the posts themselves which progress our knowledge on the matter. The methods themselves do a few good things. They tell people to loot. And they tell people to keep trying until they find what they are searching for.

That is all looting is. It is perseverance. Theories offer a sense of hope to the looter using them that they have an advantage in some way or another thanks to the method they are using.

Indeed again, ;)
Looting is about perseverance, which would in a way also raise the probabilities and chances of the whole thing itself.
Still, we do have to admit, that a looter with perseverance, a decent and efficient protocol and knowledge of the established constants regarding looting, is more likely to get better loot; than a looter with only perseverance.....

Indeed again, ;)
Looting is about perseverance, which would in a way also raise the probabilities and chances of the whole thing itself.
Still, we do have to admit, that a looter with perseverance, a decent and efficient protocol and knowledge of the established constants regarding looting, is more likely to get better loot; than a looter with only perseverance.....

A knowledge of the constants in looting is helpful in maneuvering yourself to a "better" spot to loot. Manipulating the loot itself as some theories propose to get a larger amount of famed can not be done even with knowledge of the constants in looting.

As a programmer, being efficient with your coding is imperative. Less lines of code mean less work for you. What is my point, you may ask?

I am fairly certain I know how the developers programmed the overall loot system. Variables do exist, such as different weapons only being able to drop at certain locations. My conjecture is this: they created a random number formula that assigns values to certain items, then randomly distributes these values, implementing them into the loot container. This would save SO much time - imagine how TIME CONSUMING it would be to type out a million different conditional if/else if/else statements. Again, this is just a conjecture; it is not confirmed, but rather an educated guess based on experience.

As opulent as I have been in my looting experience, I can confirm that loot is definitely random. I don't know how you expect me to prove that it is; it just is. Believe what you will - if it works for you, then it works for you. Looting is a bit like religion, in a way. There are many different styles and you can believe what you can, but all revolve around the same general concept. The one concept that they share is that you are going out and killing enemies. That is the only way to get and collect loot. It is just a matter of getting lucky with the computer.

I do not think Lord Darknesz had any animosity towards your guide, Charles. He was simply providing it as an example, and it just so appears that your guide is one of the more prominent ones. No malice was intended.

I will also remind you all to keep this discussion mature and under control, as Kate stated previously. If drama sprouts, you are responsible for your own actions and may be subject to warnings.

As a programmer, being efficient with your coding is imperative. Less lines of code mean less work for you. What is my point, you may ask?

I am fairly certain I know how the developers programmed the overall loot system. Variables do exist, such as different weapons only being able to drop at certain locations. My conjecture is this: they created a random number formula that assigns values to certain items, then randomly distributes these values, implementing them into the loot container. This would save SO much time - imagine how TIME CONSUMING it would be to type out a million different conditional if/else if/else statements. Again, this is just a conjecture; it is not confirmed, but rather an educated guess based on experience.

As opulent as I have been in my looting experience, I can confirm that loot is definitely random. I don't know how you expect me to prove that it is; it just is. Believe what you will - if it works for you, then it works for you. Looting is a bit like religion, in a way. There are many different styles and you can believe what you can, but all revolve around the same general concept. The one concept that they share is that you are going out and killing enemies. That is the only way to get and collect loot. It is just a matter of getting lucky with the computer.

I do not think Lord Darknesz had any animosity towards your guide, Charles. He was simply providing it as an example, and it just so appears that your guide is one of the more prominent ones. No malice was intended.

I will also remind you all to keep this discussion mature and under control, as Kate stated previously. If drama sprouts, you are responsible for your own actions and may be subject to warnings.

Yes, I agree completely. And I was kind of apprehensive to the possibility that discussion might take a turn for the worse and turn out like this.

I personally believe it's an RNG ( Random Number Generator ) program that determines loot, roughly based on SOME conditions. I have noticed that when I use items in my inventory ( daggers, steel shot) it magically begins to appear in my loot. I don't think that's an accident. But when it comes to weapons drops I do think it's mostly a random process. I also think that after you complete the raven's cove quests, your chances of getting a legendary are increased if you spend more time on Tormenta and Raven's Cove, as you are eligible for a larger pool of legendary drops than at, say, Darkheart.

As far as those with looting guides, more power to ya!! It's a bit like a baseball player with his lucky socks. If he believes it works for him, then it does. Keep tracking that data Charles!! ((( Charles )))

I personally believe it's an RNG ( Random Number Generator ) program that determines loot, roughly based on SOME conditions. I have noticed that when I use items in my inventory ( daggers, steel shot) it magically begins to appear in my loot. I don't think that's an accident. But when it comes to weapons drops I do think it's mostly a random process. I also think that after you complete the raven's cove quests, your chances of getting a legendary are increased if you spend more time on Tormenta and Raven's Cove, as you are eligible for a larger pool of legendary drops than at, say, Darkheart.

As far as those with looting guides, more power to ya!! It's a bit like a baseball player with his lucky socks. If he believes it works for him, then it does. Keep tracking that data Charles!! ((( Charles )))

One's psychological disposition is not a determinant factor in the game's emitance of loot. In a basketball game, believing luck is on your side may help you to play better. In this game where loot is out of your control, the methods may give you hope to loot longer, but what the game gives you is also out of your control.

In my opinion the loot is not completely random considering a few facts that we know:
- system records the number of kills per player.
- system awards loot based on the ratio mob/player level.
- system adapts and awards loot based on the missing inventory (ammunition, tonics etc.).
- system favour loot to the newer created characters.
There is a RNG but it is affected by certain conditions set in the program based on our characters dynamic interaction within the game environment. Just my 50 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back