Suggestion Loot Only Sound Option

Would you want to hear the sound of skulls, loot chest, and pouches only?

• Yes.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No.

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
Do we really need this? no.
Have you ever seen loot stack and you could tell if it was a NEW skull or an OLD one?
Do you like the sound of WITHER and a group of pirates sound effects?
It solves a problem boss farmers suffer from and improves the enjoyment of the game for people who don't want to shift through loot "Guessing" if a skull drop is new or not.

*Edit* Can you name a reason it shouldn't be added?

i want a new graphics setting that turns everything to low except for loot because after 19+ hours of gameplay everything gets blurry so it will help me differentiate more between the loot and its surroundings do you agree?
I'm little confused what you're suggesting here.

I'm little confused what you're suggesting here.

this is what i am suggesting

upload_2018-9-25_17-55-7.png

this is what i am suggesting

View attachment 109550
Haha! I like the picture you used! - However, I am not sure this would help your lag because it takes more memory to go from low-med settings back and forth than it does to just have the settings stay the same.

You want to ideally have the same settings on your game for as long as possible to maintain client cleanliness for optimal FPS.

The developers should make the loot drop near the last person to damage an enemy like in potco that way the loot won't stack as much.
The problem with that is the momentum effect. - Do you remember how loot in the old game used to drop out of bonds? They removed what your suggesting so that WOULDN'T occur anymore.

Loot drops were the enemy was last and it drops at your pirates elevation now.

Name one reason why not to add it:
- There's better things to add.
- It's more hassle than it is likely worth.
- The stacks of loot eventually goes away and you can see the new one if you could not access it.
- This doesn't change actually accessing the stacks of loot.
- Story focus > Loot focus
1. I didn't say this had to be done in BETA, it is a suggestion.
2. I believe it would save the time of many looters from shifting through loot.
3. Some containers tend to stay longer than the loot dropped vanishes. [This occurs when people spam the same skull it makes its spawn last longer.]
4. It doesn't change it, but it lets you know when you have to look, if you don't hear a sound you know you don't have to re-shift every container again... which does make the container spawn last longer.
5. Like I said in 1. - This doesn't have to be done in Beta.

I would love something like this. I used to turn off all sound and just listen to music while playing, but I started getting tired of shifting through 5-7 different loot containers at bosses to see if something new dropped because I couldn't hear it or see it. Now I just have the sound on, and it can get kinda annoying after a while. Sabres and throwing knives are the worst.

i want a new graphics setting that turns everything to low except for loot because after 19+ hours of gameplay everything gets blurry so it will help me differentiate more between the loot and its surroundings do you agree?
This plus the picture you added actually made me laugh out loud.

On the topic of the thread though, I'd legitimately use this sound function if it were ever implemented. I have somewhat frequent migraines, and I hate taking nyquil to sleep them off, so most of the time I'll just suffer through them and game in the evenings after work with the sound off. But it would be a nice addition if we would be able to toggle specific sound effects on/off. Like the thread suggests, toggle everything off except for loot drops.

Back