Idea Looting Flagships

Tereysa de las Sombras

Honorable Pirate
Flagships are great. It’s exaclty what you see in the movies, right? Reel in the enemy ship, then swing over to get up close and personal with the crew. Slay them all before sending the wrecked ship to the bottom of the ocean, making it their tomb.

Unfortunately, these cinematic bursts of action rarely last long. With all the enemies spawning together and being rather weak, a few whirls of a broadsword and a grenade or two will send you swinging back onto your ship, only earning a little bit of weapon reputation and standard ship drops for your efforts.

Recently, I joined a crew to help a Guildmate defeat El Patron, and I started to think: what if there was another reward for boarding flagships?

El Patron’s boss battle basically functions as a flagship fight. You board a ship, fight a boss, a few enemies, and then you claim your reward from the stationary Loot Skull Chest.

Why not do the same for flagships? After eliminating all the enemies, have a chest spawn on the deck. After everyone gets their reward, swing back over and finish the job.

Depending on the difficulty of the flagship, the rewards would be greater. Perhaps the chest would be a special kind only found on flagships, something like a “Loot Sea Chest.” Since Cannon Defense (when it returns) is a great way to get powerful cannon rams, the Loot Sea Chest could contain powerful sailing items not found anywhere else. Rare, Famed, or even Legendary Sea Globes, Sea Charts, Spyglasses, and Charms would all be yours for the taking.

What do you think?

Cool idea. I would like your suggestion to become an alternate method of earning cannon defense exclusive rams. But I'm just biased because I really hate cannon defense after doing it so much back in the day my eyes fell out and my hands broke in in like 8 places by the time I had earned all the good rams. Currently typing this blind and in severe pain. Diagnosed with cannondefensinitus. I can't take much more of it, and I realize I will probably have to do it again to get my rams back. Idk why so many people want CD back other than for earning the exclusive rams. I'd be really surprised if people actually did it because they enjoy it. Anything is possible I suppose. Just a pure tedium mini game in my experience.

Last edited:
Great idea.
Personally right now I don't like doing flagships for several reasons main one is the extreme lag I get whenever doing them lol.

I love this idea. While this does require a huge overhaul to Flagships (due to their present buggy, laggy, and overall unworkable state), I think having some type of on-board reward for defeating the crew appear after the fact would be a great incentive to not only add a plethora of exclusive sailing items tied to the different ships, this also makes a great opportunity to open certain Famed items to be able to be found in Sea Loot, such as the Kingfisher's Sabre, Admiral weapons, and things of that sort.

I think the whole concept behind ideas like this are great, but it is also a huge opportunity to expand the loot pools in other directions rather than just linking things to bosses/factions.

Another idea to this sort of thing would add the possibility of dual-sword drops from Spanish/French Undead Flagships, making them not only exclusive to the Undead, but also to sea loot. Double the reason to do so!

Hmm. Maybe some of this stuff. No question the enemies on flagships are still bugged and could use a bit of work. I reckon your bigger ideas would be better on new higher lvl flagships that are more like my beloved QAR.

Flagship boarding and battle has been beta bludgeoned since I started here.
Most times you make the ship and stand there ALL the soldiers of the ship will come to you in a single mob and all you do is stand there and swing a few times.
So easy I send Ray Charles over to board. But I bet only a few honestly want that to be fixed right now. I don't think about it any more, just breeze through them.
Also, I've never been able to board any ship without serious lag. Never. Even on my mac.

Last edited:
Flagships already give loot, so I see no need for a chest on the deck.
I agree that some flagships should be so hard that most pirate might want to avoid attacking or boarding them, with bosses onboard and some serious armor, and loot commensurate with the challenge offered.

I use my weakest attacks when I board flagships, just to run around and have some fun and savor the moment. But of course, this is silly, and some seriously challenging ships would be awesome indeed!

Cool idea. I would like your suggestion to become an alternate method of earning cannon defense exclusive rams. But I'm just biased because I really hate cannon defense after doing it so much back in the day my eyes fell out and my hands broke in in like 8 places by the time I had earned all the good rams. Currently typing this blind and in severe pain. Diagnosed with cannondefensinitus. I can't take much more of it, and I realize I will probably have to do it again to get my rams back. Idk why so many people want CD back other than for earning the exclusive rams. I'd be really surprised if people actually did it because they enjoy it. Anything is possible I suppose. Just a pure tedium mini game in my experience.
Well, if the rams were given out another way then that would reduce the rarity of the item.

Back