Looting method receives it's 100th 5 star review!

Charles Warmonk

Wiki Staff
As many players may know, I take my methods made for the sake of the community very seriously and try to make them as helpful and professional as possible. Just today, I'd come across a milestone that I find myself vary proud of showing, which you can tell by the title of this thread. I've just earned my 100th 5 star review! As well as, a whooping 1,000 comments! :D

I would like to not just share this, but THANK the community for it's continuous feedback on my guides/methods and hope to make as many as possible for you all in the future! <3

latest

Link to the page: http://piratesonline.wikia.com/wiki/Charles_Warmonk's_Guide_to_Getting_Better_Loot

Lol there is no option on that poll to say the guide doesn't work or it is flawed...
Only "Don't understand", "Good guide", "great guide", "well written", or "amazing"....
Just a little input I personally don't think that's how looting works at all and some even believe the complete opposite (Taking everything no matter what, then trashing) is the way to go. The most likely way loot works is purely RNG
1. RNG if ANY loot item drops
2. RNG Which loot item
3. RNG how many slots are filled in the container
4. Slot 1 RNG for weapon, treasure, clothes, etc
5. Slot 2 RNG for weapon, treasure, clothes, etc
6. Etc...

Objection, I've only got two fame in my month and a half playing? 0 stars in my book!

Lol, Actually it is a really good guide. And it adds a lot to not only to your credibility but your dedication to serving the community!

Firstly, I must say sorry for the LATE replies... >.<

Congrats Charles! Very informative since day 1. Deserves some more attention!
Everyone loots their own way :) - I'm happy you think it deserves such praise though : 3

Lol there is no option on that poll to say the guide doesn't work or it is flawed...
Only "Don't understand", "Good guide", "great guide", "well written", or "amazing"....
Just a little input I personally don't think that's how looting works at all and some even believe the complete opposite (Taking everything no matter what, then trashing) is the way to go. The most likely way loot works is purely RNG
2. RNG Which loot item
6. Etc...
I would love to go over the facts and evidence I've found to defend my method. However, this is not the thread to be debating such at. :) Regardless, I appreciate ALL input. Positive or Negative.
hey charles, i followed this guide back at the old potco :) does it work the same for tlopo? (heard that they changed the loot drop percentage and loot mechanics?
I certainly believe it does follow into TLOPO. However, it is not as effective as in TLOPO currently due the the lack of data I have about loot drops currently. I am still testing everyday and collecting data to "Update" the page and make it more understandable for players. As well as provide more evidence (and proof) to back up the method as a whole! :)

The method works in Tlopo, how else do you think Charles got all his famed and brights!
I'm happy to see you think so highly of me.... <3
Objection, I've only got two fame in my month and a half playing? 0 stars in my book!

Lol, Actually it is a really good guide. And it adds a lot to not only to your credibility but your dedication to serving the community!
D'aww, thank you! - I try to help and share my knowlage to the community as much and as often as I can :)

I just read a guide you made and i'm trying it out now cheers mate :excited:A quick question, if i pick up siege charges in loot, your theory is i'd loose chances of getting loot skulls / good items?

Last edited:
I would never argue with your method Charles, and I am not doing so now. I am only stating my experience the past few months. For a whole month of November I grinded like a mad woman on to much chocolate... best I got from that was a Grand Blunderbuss in the Gold Room. I hit only red level targets, I picked nothing up except that Blunderbuss. It has been two months now of hard grinding, and didn't get anything worth speaking of to drop, until tonight. I said to myself, * self *.. if your not going to get anything any way, go ahead and take the large bones and gold when it is higher than 100 gold in a reg chest, go ahead and take those haunted bones as well since they are about to be taken out any way.. and so I did. And with in I would say, less than 30 kills I got the Behemoth *spell check that*. I was told that to get a legendary it would be like one in every 1000 skull chests.. guess I have another long haul ahead of me if that is so, lol. I do not take anything from pouches only because I have not seen the Dark Black Coat yet, waiting for that baby for sure. I only target red and yellow targets, and will I keep taking high amount of gold ( most likely) but I do hope the odds get better when they take out the bones.

2. RNG Which loot item
6. Etc...
Hit the nail right in the head, technically it's not random (there is no such thing as random in math) but how loot works is inconceivable with what we are given. I stopped this method and started taking anything i wanted and experienced no difference except i have way more gold. Those loot pouches add up real quick ;) .

I always take gold/ammo and never have any problems getting Famed/Legends(the few legends I have)also do not take repeat Famed. I also do not loot 5 hours a day either.I log on get a Famed within 30 mins and I do not jump servers. Sometimes it takes me 30 mins just to get that skull chest and when I do its something decent. Some use the guide and loot great some use the guide and do not get anything(I never used the guide,did not know a guide existed until I read the post). All based on RNG just like most games.

Just read the guide and well done,might try it sometime.

Last edited:
I tried your method too, Charles. I have to say I havent seen much different, if I take gold, and nades. This morning lots of skulls drop, ofc all were mostly bad lol but that is how skulls are from my experience. I did get famed curse from one though, and still took what I wanted. c: It is awesome if works for you though. Thank you for the guide. c:

To all the comments above, this is suppose to be a thread being proud of something I made that has 'objectively' helped the community. Regardless if you believe in my method or not, following someone to a thread that just "sharing" my own success is not the place to debate wither it is 'works' or 'does not work'.

Frankly it's just unprofessional and quite honestly rude. If you want to debate, discuss, or even disprove my method. Make a thread and wait in line, don't come to my post and dump all your negative comments in it.

Thank you.

Back