Loot Looting spots in the Catacombs

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
I meant to make this thread a long time ago. Without the constant rush to search for cursed blades around Tormenta and Raven's Cove, this is a good time to focus on looting spots that can't drop them. One of the best caves in the game for this is the Catacombs, located deep inside Padres Del Fuego. The following map represents where the hotspots are. The key is as follows:
Black=EITC
Red=Navy
Brown=Undead
Yellow=Mixed
upload_2017-8-9_21-21-33.png

Right off the bat is one of the more famous spots in the Catacombs; a group of six dueling enemies smack dab in the middle of the cave:
upload_2017-8-9_21-22-59.png

This spot is a level-up from the Kingshead marching grounds with six 18-25 enemies rather than 13-19 enemies. While stink pots and siege charges will hit all of them with good aim, it's safer to use a gathering method to efficiently kill them at once. If you're too high level, have a low level tag along for better loot drops. I myself only have one good find here, that being lavender linen trousers.

Up next is the three brown rectangles towards the bottom-left of the map. These are all clusters of 3-4 undead skeletons. The best one for looting purposes is the one inside a dead end of the map:
upload_2017-8-9_21-25-42.png

Way back when in the early days of beta, I looted here in my 20's and found tons of valuable brights. As with all these spots, a low level will always increase the loot drops in case you're too high level to get good drops from level 23-35 enemies.

Up next is likely the most famous spot in the Catacombs; Bonerattler and his minions:
upload_2017-8-9_21-27-26.png

Located in the southernmost dead-end, this is an ideal weapon-leveling place and good loot is sure to follow. Thanks to having a few level 30's with me, I pulled a famed out of the spot as a level 50.

Up next is a spot in Bonerattler's shadow, which is right outside his headquarters:
upload_2017-8-9_21-29-2.png

It's possible to hit bunches of these enemies with flaming skull, but gathering all of them isn't too hard either. I've found nothing but crude brights here myself, but skulls can and will drop for level 20-40's and anyone looting with them.

Upon crossing the bridge seen in the distance of the above image, you'll be led to another hot spot with 3 dragoons and an officer.
upload_2017-8-9_21-31-19.png

Simply lure the far away dragoon over and you have four level 18-30 Navy enemies to loot! There are many famed weapons dropped by Navy grunts that nearly no one has. For that matter, one famed bayonet was only discovered in TLOPO by the forum's own Jack Stormgrim!

The next spot is a bit of a step down from the last spot, being more towards the north, where 3 dragoons are tightly packed together:
upload_2017-8-9_21-34-7.png

This is another ideal location to plunder famed bayonets alongside other Navy goodies.

Last but not least is one of my favorite looting spots in the entire game; the Mercenary Hall:
upload_2017-8-9_21-35-15.png

Simply run through the hall gathering the 7-9 mercenaries with whatever weapon you choose (including the bayonet stab for gun rep) and then either finish them off with a broadsword or have a high level pirate use a siege charge if you're looting co-op. This spot has blessed me with multiple good brights and famed, some being extremely high-end.
I'm sure there's more good farming spots in the Catacombs, but these are just the highlights I found. Happy looting!

I meant to make this thread a long time ago. Without the constant rush to search for cursed blades around Tormenta and Raven's Cove, this is a good time to focus on looting spots that can't drop them. One of the best caves in the game for this is the Catacombs, located deep inside Padres Del Fuego. The following map represents where the hotspots are. The key is as follows:
Black=EITC
Red=Navy
Brown=Undead
Yellow=Mixed
View attachment 89369
Right off the bat is one of the more famous spots in the Catacombs; a group of six dueling enemies smack dab in the middle of the cave:
View attachment 89370
This spot is a level-up from the Kingshead marching grounds with six 18-25 enemies rather than 13-19 enemies. While stink pots and siege charges will hit all of them with good aim, it's safer to use a gathering method to efficiently kill them at once. If you're too high level, have a low level tag along for better loot drops. I myself only have one good find here, that being lavender linen trousers.

Up next is the three brown rectangles towards the bottom-left of the map. These are all clusters of 3-4 undead skeletons. The best one for looting purposes is the one inside a dead end of the map:
View attachment 89371
Way back when in the early days of beta, I looted here in my 20's and found tons of valuable brights. As with all these spots, a low level will always increase the loot drops in case you're too high level to get good drops from level 23-35 enemies.

Up next is likely the most famous spot in the Catacombs; Bonerattler and his minions:
View attachment 89372
Located in the southernmost dead-end, this is an ideal weapon-leveling place and good loot is sure to follow. Thanks to having a few level 30's with me, I pulled a famed out of the spot as a level 50.

Up next is a spot in Bonerattler's shadow, which is right outside his headquarters:
View attachment 89373
It's possible to hit bunches of these enemies with flaming skull, but gathering all of them isn't too hard either. I've found nothing but crude brights here myself, but skulls can and will drop for level 20-40's and anyone looting with them.

Upon crossing the bridge seen in the distance of the above image, you'll be led to another hot spot with 3 dragoons and an officer.
View attachment 89374
Simply lure the far away dragoon over and you have four level 18-30 Navy enemies to loot! There are many famed weapons dropped by Navy grunts that nearly no one has. For that matter, one famed bayonet was only discovered in TLOPO by the forum's own Jack Stormgrim!

The next spot is a bit of a step down from the last spot, being more towards the north, where 3 dragoons are tightly packed together:
View attachment 89375
This is another ideal location to plunder famed bayonets alongside other Navy goodies.

Last but not least is one of my favorite looting spots in the entire game; the Mercenary Hall:
View attachment 89376
Simply run through the hall gathering the 7-9 mercenaries with whatever weapon you choose (including the bayonet stab for gun rep) and then either finish them off with a broadsword or have a high level pirate use a siege charge if you're looting co-op. This spot has blessed me with multiple good brights and famed, some being extremely high-end.
I'm sure there's more good farming spots in the Catacombs, but these are just the highlights I found. Happy looting!
This method only works because the TLOPO system is flawed. - To summarize, the Gray tag enemies in TLOPO drop the SAME as the Green Tag Enemies. Killing a Green Vs a Gray has no drop rate difference within the game as of now.

I'll make a post proving this later, and I'll have to dig around the internet to prove that in old POTCO Gray Tag enemies drop loot for a level 50 MAYBE 1/50 kills.

This method only works because the TLOPO system is flawed. - To summarize, the Gray tag enemies in TLOPO drop the SAME as the Green Tag Enemies. Killing a Green Vs a Gray has no drop rate difference within the game as of now.

I'll make a post proving this later, and I'll have to dig around the internet to prove that in old POTCO Gray Tag enemies drop loot for a level 50 MAYBE 1/50 kills.
That's very interesting, but this thread entails bringing a low level with you for better loot anyway.

Hows the loot there? Is it better than Gold Room? @Bort Greasegorb
That's a hard question. The mercenary pack looting spot is likely on the same level as the gold room. While it's a bit slower to farm loot, you get way more containers per round. If I spent an hour at each, I'd likely end up with more brights at the mercenary pack but less famed than the gold room. It just depends on what weapons you're after.

That's a hard question. The mercenary pack looting spot is likely on the same level as the gold room. While it's a bit slower to farm loot, you get way more containers per round. If I spent an hour at each, I'd likely end up with more brights at the mercenary pack but less famed than the gold room. It just depends on what weapons you're after.

I've been looting at Gold room for a couple of hours now, I got 10+ brights and 1 famed.

Bump: In case you need further persuasion, remember that anything is fair game. I've found both creams of the crop in the mercenary hall on the same pirate already, save cursed blades:
screenshot_2017-12-17_22-38-33.jpg
screenshot_2018-01-28_17-10-35.jpg

I like this because statistically, if you want a master crafted repeater (which you should), Gold Room and South Idol or anywhere else on those two islands is not where you should be because some of the percent chance of dropping is allocated to Cursed weapons and in chances you cant go over 100%. SO looting on raven's and tormenta have a lower chance of dropping that master crafted or el patron than any other island with high levels.

I like this because statistically, if you want a master crafted repeater (which you should), Gold Room and South Idol or anywhere else on those two islands is not where you should be because some of the percent chance of dropping is allocated to Cursed weapons and in chances you cant go over 100%. SO looting on raven's and tormenta have a lower chance of dropping that master crafted or el patron than any other island with high levels.
To be fair, I didn't exactly want El Patron but the pirate I was looting on didn't have it so I was okay with it. I just hope it doesn't interfere with my odds of a legendary cursed dropping.

That's very interesting, but this thread entails bringing a low level with you for better loot anyway.
Nice guide, but i'm not catching the reasoning behind having a lower level mate with you. Can you expound on that a little more?
I think i mean expound... oh just try to describe it.

Nice guide, but i'm not catching the reasoning behind having a lower level mate with you. Can you expound on that a little more?
I think i mean expound... oh just try to describe it.
When you're higher level, most enemies you see are grey tags. This means they'll hardly drop any loot. However, a lower level pirate may see these enemies with green, yellow or red tags, meaning they're more likely to drop loot. Because a low level is attacking the enemies they see as yellow or red tags, the game has to give them a loot drop even if a high level who sees them as gray attacked.
Take for example the Lost Sword. In that picture, Bo Bock is level 42 and sees all the level 23 to 30 mercenaries as gray-tagged. Regularly, these enemies would drop absolutely nothing for Bo. However, because A-Man, a level 21 pirate seeing the mercenaries as yellow or red tags, attacked the enemies first, the game compensated for his defeat of the enemy by dropping a loot skull chest. Had it not been for A-Man attacking that mercenary, Bo wouldn't have gotten a skull from him, nevertheless a Lost Sword.

I got my first legendary in TLOPO at level 49. Most of the time it takes until the 40's.
unless of course your theory holds up and you're running with a level 20 and get the sword at 43. But, don't you each get a different loot content in that skull? So, you got the sword , and he may have gotten a fame?

Also, this appears not a good spot for a level 49 to do anything unless accompanied by a lower crew person. No one appears yellow or red except a low boss to me now.

unless of course your theory holds up and you're running with a level 20 and get the sword at 43. But, don't you each get a different loot content in that skull? So, you got the sword , and he may have gotten a fame?

Also, this appears not a good spot for a level 49 to do anything unless accompanied by a lower crew person. No one appears yellow or red except a low boss to me now.
That's why you bring the level 20, to make the loot better. What I'm saying is, if the level 20 didn't attack the mercenary, he wouldn't have even dropped a skull in the first place if just killed by a level 42.

Back