Loss Of Posts

Whoops.

In trying to restore some data we had lost, the part of the site where all posts are stored ended up completely wiped. The site is backed up fairly frequently, allowing me to restore the majority of posts, but we unfortunately still lost quite a few. More or less, we have all posts dating up to the end of the day on Thursday (Pacific Time). No other data was lost.

It is not a good feeling to know what has happened, but unfortunately there's not much more I can do, and it could have been worse. In any case, the loss is my fault, and not something I take too lightly. I will increase the frequency of backups and take other measures to prevent anything like this from happening in the future.

Thanks for your understanding.

My apologies,

Jolly Roger has cursed our site.

We lost about 400 posts and threads. But we will be working to see what can be done to recover any of this damaged that. In the mean time feel assure that we now will take extra precautions to secure the system's database.

This problem was caused for trying to restore database that a member had "mass edited" and hijacked his posts, we were trying to fix his mess, and this is what we ended up with.

This will also prompt to higher sanctions for members who abuse or try to maliciously abuse the system.

Again. we apologize for any inconvenience this might have brought to our members, and thank you all for understanding.

If you know for sure that somebody intentionally tryed to add malicious software or try to upload a Virus to our website, I can't blame anyone for banning him immediately. We don't need that kind of dirty work here.
I can't believe what some people will do, just to ruin it for the rest of us. This is wicked!

If you know for sure that somebody intentionally tryed to add malicious software or try to upload a Virus to our website, I can't blame anyone for banning him immediately. We don't need that kind of dirty work here.
I can't believe what some people will do, just to ruin it for the rest of us. This is wicked!
It was not exactly like that, but a user had edited all of their posts to get out of leaving content behind on the site after deciding to leave. It was our intention to restore those posts without disrupting any others on the site, but unfortunately it did not go as planned.

Again thanks everyone for understanding.

Back