Lotro Update 19.1 Release Notes

Punkin Pie

Pirate Lord
Update 19.1 Release Notes
Here are the Release Notes for Update 19.1, released on Wednesday, November 9th.

News and Notes:

Classes

• The Beorning Gear has been added to vendors in Echad Sirion in Mirkwood.
  • The Guardian's Mounted Combat - Clash of Arms now properly states that it decreases the attack speed of its target.

Deeds

• The Deed progress bar for quests in the Cape of Belfalas now progresses correctly.
  • Quests of Greater North Ithilien no longer require the Far Anorien quest pack.

Housing

• Premium Housing Upkeep has been re-enabled for non-VIP owners and leaders. Upkeep can no longer be incorrectly paid for a VIPs premium house.
  • Premium kinship houses will no longer have carpets that become invisible.
  • Vendors now have a proper discount for home owners in the Cape of Belfalas, and the housing furnisher now offers new items for sale.
  • Fixed a typo in the premium housing tutorial tip.

Items

• Flora - Incomparable Jewellery is now available at the Herbalist. This is a level 246 item with 3 sockets.
  • North Ithilien Flora - New cosmetic cloaks are available from the Herbalist. Their appearances are based on the cloaks given in Volume 4, Book 7 of the Epic, and come in hooded and hoodless versions.
  • Skirmish Raids now drop level 105 gear at item level 234.
  • Helegrod now drops level 105 gear at item level 234.

PvMP

• Creeps:
    • Mastery Corruption values have been increased by 12.5%.
    • Mitigation Corruption values have been increased by 30%.
    • Critical Defense Corruption values have been increased by 15%.
    • Resistance Corruption values have been increased by 10%.
    • Critical Rating Corruption values have been increased by 10%.
    • Damage and Healing values have been increased by roughly 15%.
    • Max Morale base values have been slightly increased.

Quests and other Adventure Areas

• The Reclamation of Talath Anor instance will no longer break if one of the riders is defeated.
  • The Cape of Belfalas - Roving Threats quest will no longer try to bestow in the housing area.
  • Great River - Parth Celebrant - Frightening the Steeds: Horses you shoo away will no longer begin to teleport instead of running.
  • North Ithilien - Thurindath - Ungol Weavers and Broodlings will no longer become stuck in anti-exploit mode while wandering the cave.
  • North Ithilien - Warbands now award a spoils box that can contain additional phials of various extracts in addition to their normal contents.
  • North Ithilien - One Massive Problem - The quest is now more specific about what is needed for the final objective.
  • Endewaith - The Lost Hunter - Umfre no longer runs into a tree.
  • The Featured Instance: Fornost - Wraith of Water no longer has FIXME text.
  • You can no longer enter the High Archives from (After-battle) Osgiliath.
  • Routing the Lurkers in Minas Tirith (After-battle) - Morgul Lurkers can now be targeted.
  • The daily quest limit of four quests per day has been removed in Minas Tirith (After-battle).
  • Various label fixes have been done on the North Ithilien map.
  • Characters can now fish in North Ithilien.
  • Forlong and Aragorn now have some touching final words with each other.
  • North and South Ithilien are now connected by the Crossroads. Note that content in North Ithilien takes place after the Battle of Pelennor Fields, so it is recommended that players complete Volume IV Book 6 before adventuring there.

Skills

• Bleeds from different Wardens now stack with each other.
  • The Lore Master's Wind-lore now increases your target's incoming damage instead of reducing it.

Miscellaneous

• References to "Force Attack Duration" are now "Force Taunt Duration".

Known Issues

• Players who access the Housing Maintenance panel from the radar button will see information that upkeep is waived for VIPs, when in fact everyone still needs to pay upkeep on their classic houses.
  • Premium Housing - 5 Cape Road - Some of the hooks in the southeastern yard appear to have deco that cannot be removed. If you receive an error when attempting to remove an item from a hook, leave the area and try again later.

I'm pretty new to LOTRO, I started playing loremaster as my first class. How often do you play? Is it a good game to hop around playing from time to time?

I'm pretty new to LOTRO, I started playing loremaster as my first class. How often do you play? Is it a good game to hop around playing from time to time?
Hia May! I played Lotro since the day Potco closed. It's a great game, and a lot to do there. What server did you join?
There's a couple of the guys from the forums in my kin. Not sure how much they do or will play, *cough* :p @Bartholomew Bladespinner @ScarFace @Seahawk @James Birkshaw and a few I havent seen in ages. Maybe some of you guys should meet up. We're on Crickhollow server.

Loremaster is a great class! It's my main's class too. Well, one of my mains, lol. :D I should call all my capped players "Mains" I guess.

Hia May! I played Lotro since the day Potco closed. It's a great game, and a lot to do there. What server did you join?
There's a couple of the guys from the forums in my kin. Not sure how much they do or will play, *cough* :p @Bartholomew Bladespinner @ScarFace @Seahawk @James Birkshaw and a few I havent seen in ages. Maybe some of you guys should meet up. We're on Crickhollow server.

Loremaster is a great class! It's my main's class too. Well, one of my mains, lol. :D I should call all my capped players "Mains" I guess.
*sheepish grin*

I recently quit playing this game. I started playing it in 2007 and had been a loyal player every day up until the 85 cap and then weekly player.. Got a job, quit for a few months, came back to a game I didn't know. It broke my heart to see how far this game had declined. Not saying it sucks, it's just... different. Like driving on the left side of the lane and then having to drive on the right. It made no sense to me.

However, there are a few things that suck, I won't lie. One, Turbine never ever paid attention to their community, they made really dumb updates, with no thought on how it might affect gameplay. They would follow through with one idea, and submit it half finished and then remove it altogether in another update after we had gotten used to it, or figured out how to get around it. They re-modeled a lot of places, but never removed any of the old structures, having code upon code which often over wrote each other, causing issues with lag and breakage in the game. Sold their company because they were declining because they never listened to the community. New company put in more ideas, taking away the aspects of what made LotRO special, and made it like every other single MMO out there in the market today. And.. well, you can figure out the rest from there. Lag and more issues from my standpoint.

Not that I don't like change, but it's like in a big open space, and then immediately you're in a clustered town or civilaztion where nothing makes sense to you and the moment you get used to it, it all changes again.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong with Lotro. Sure there's normal lag issues and a few things, but, that's to be expected.
Forge on, man!

Just a memory here.. Back when the game was balanced.. Check the skill bar for example. Nothing was held back. You had the game at your fingertips. If you wanted to do massive damage, you were free to, while maintaining fellowship/raid buffs, and debuffs at the same time. Many of these skills that still exist in the game not only did damage, or not only buff/debuff, but they did both simultaneously. When the game was a mass confusion to people who didn't take the time to learn, it took days, perhaps weeks to master the class(es) and that was when a person was able to correctly execute their role, based all on the time it took them to practice. Nowadays, it takes minutes. Spam one or two skills and there you have it! It's too simple for me, basically lol

Here's another memory.. Back when it took a lot of skill to play the game. Also, it was fun. Back then, if you didn't bring healers, you weren't in trouble. You could stack buffs and dps and destroy people. I played creep side and just by myself, I mastered one of the classes and managed to kill most people with ease, because not a lot of them took the time to master the classes! They raced out and got themselves killed. :p

Here's another memory.. Back when it took a lot of skill to play the game. Also, it was fun. Back then, if you didn't bring healers, you weren't in trouble. You could stack buffs and dps and destroy people. I played creep side and just by myself, I mastered one of the classes and managed to kill most people with ease, because not a lot of them took the time to master the classes! They raced out and got themselves killed. :p

ye that was the time there werent such silly heals and inc heal debuffs and such.
now, wardens and captains(myself as cpt) can stay alive in 1vs 1/2 due the selfhealing. Even tho captain had much selfheal in before rohan, it now is ridiculous OP. Missing the older cappy system tho, was fun, people always asking for buffs. :D

ye that was the time there werent such silly heals and inc heal debuffs and such.
now, wardens and captains(myself as cpt) can stay alive in 1vs 1/2 due the selfhealing. Even tho captain had much selfheal in before rohan, it now is ridiculous OP. Missing the older cappy system tho, was fun, people always asking for buffs. :D

Dude, so true. I used to buff the crap out of people and get random renown points here and there. Was so fun being useful. Now-a-days, get the essence audacity gear, stack supreme morale and supreme phys mastery and go full yellow line, 80k health, and deal 5-10k each hit. You're a god mod killer. It's so unfair. I wiped out a 6 man with a warleader last I was on. Called it, and quit game. Literally had to get myself banned so I couldn't go back. Easy enough.. just called one of the 10 year old GM's a noob. Not 10 year old vet, literally a 10 year old. lol

Dude, so true. I used to buff the crap out of people and get random renown points here and there. Was so fun being useful. Now-a-days, get the essence audacity gear, stack supreme morale and supreme phys mastery and go full yellow line, 80k health, and deal 5-10k each hit. You're a god mod killer. It's so unfair. I wiped out a 6 man with a warleader last I was on. Called it, and quit game. Literally had to get myself banned so I couldn't go back. Easy enough.. just called one of the 10 year old GM's a noob. Not 10 year old vet, literally a 10 year old. lol
ye well, I dont use morale in my setup, my cappy has selfheal build, that I made myself : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showth...e-guide-U18-2-(Redline)&p=7657968#post7657968

I could hit around 45k 2x when having a crit chain, so 5-10k is not so much anymore xP Theres some balance now tho, see U19.2 release notes.

ye well, I dont use morale in my setup, my cappy has selfheal build, that I made myself : https://www.lotro.com/forums/showth...e-guide-U18-2-(Redline)&p=7657968#post7657968

I could hit around 45k 2x when having a crit chain, so 5-10k is not so much anymore xP Theres some balance now tho, see U19.2 release notes.
I dunno about balance, but probably closer than it's been in the past 3 years. I quit already and no going back now.. haha

But yeah I feel ya.. I had a nice setup I could take people down in seconds going straight phys mit. capped mits with virtues and jewellry, straight nadhin gear back at 100 cap.. dude that stuff was so legit. Dropping names left and right

I should have stuck to my reitrment plan and retired in 2012. Game just isn't the same. It was boring for me because all my friends had quit lol

Back