Lotro - Update 19 Preview and Release Notes

Punkin Pie

Pirate Lord
Bullroarer Update 19 Preview and Release Notes - Updated 9/30/16

We have updated Bullroarer with a new preview of Update 19. There has been a character database wipe. This updated build includes a bunch of polish work on U19 content in addition to the following changes from the previous update to Bullroarer:

• All waterfalls should now be visible.
  • Hunter – Damage has been further increased for a range of skills.
  • Burglar - Bleed enhancements have been tuned down a bit.
  • Premium Housing - There is no longer a cooldown for a premium house purchase.
  • Premium Housing - Players may now pay gold upkeep for Premium Houses. 1g for Stately and Luxurious, 5g for Deluxe Kinship
  • Mithril Upkeep for houses has been reduced globally. The cost is now 2 Mithril Coins for individual houses and 5 Mithril Coins for kinship houses.
  • Housing decoration items:
    • The seagull feed bucket should now attract seagulls
    • The Statue of the Fallen King and Memorial Pyre should now have usage actions
  • Bay of Belfalas:
    • Fixed a number of typos in Cape of Belfalas quests
    • Placed a hobby master near the fisherman at the Cape of Belfalas docks
    • Removed the accent from Tol Lochul, making it less difficult to abandon the house
    • Cape of Belfalas quests: now rated for players level 15 - 105
  • Some localization has been added
  • Housing items have been added to the LOTRO Store.

Here are the updated Update 19 Release Notes:

Bullroarer Update 19 Release Notes
Welcome to the Bullroarer Release Notes for Update 19, published on Thursday, September 30th, 2016. These notes will change over time.

Of Special Note:

After the Battle, A New Day Dawns

The Battle of the Pelennor Fields is won... but the war is far from over. Gather your strength and mourn the dead, but tarry not long for soon the Host of the West will begin its march towards Mordor. Explore after-the-battle versions of the Pelennor, Osgiliath, and the Crossroads before venturing into the dangerous and overgrown wilderness of North Ithilien. Over 85 region quests and deeds included.

Epic Volume IV, Book 7 "The Trap"
There is little time to mourn friends lost during the Battle of the Pelennor Fields, for the armies of Mordor will soon return to finish what they began. Aragorn needs your help to make a crucial decision, one that could have grand repercussions for the fate of Middle-earth: should the Free People prepare to defend their lands from the attack that must surely come, or should Aragorn risk all in setting a trap for Sauron that the Dark Lord will not be able to resist…?

Cape of Belfalas Housing
Need to get away from all the war and darkness of recent events in Middle Earth? Visit the scenic Cape of Belfalas for a breath of fresh sea air - and the most stately, well-appointed housing for sale to adventurers of all stripes. Look for a broker and travel horse in Dol Amroth and Minas Tirith today!

• New Premium individual and Kin housing is available for Mithril
  • Hook point counts inside and out are more than doubled
  • Own as many individual Premium houses as you want & keep your classic house
  • Premium upkeep is waived for VIPs. Upkeep is possible with gold or Mithril.

Check out a set of Cape of Belfalas quests to tour around the area and get into the seaside state of mind.

Flora Barter System

The herbs, roots, and flowers of North Ithilien, the garden of Gondor, were prized by its herbalists of old, and today’s herbalists are recovering their uses once again. Players will be able to gather plant-life from North Ithilien in Gondor and barter them for an evolving list of rewards by speaking with the Host of the West Herb-master and Herbalist. Gathering flora yields one of five color items that can be exchanged for various rewards, including boots, leggings, armor, gloves, helms, mantles, and more. Some colors are more common, while others are rare.

News and Notes:

Classes:

• Overall Burglar damage output has been increased:
    • Aim now guarantees a critical response, unlocking your critical hit chain skills.
    • Well-practiced now reduces the cooldown of Aim by 20 seconds per rank.
    • Heartening Prank has been adjusted to increase morale by 2-10%, up from 1-5%
    • NEW: Location is Everything once again causes Crit Chain skills to bypass 10% of target mitigations.
    • NEW: Burglar's Antidote no longer has an induction, and may be used while moving. This skill also restores 2 PDFW's instead of 1, and contains a moderate Power Restore.
    • NEW: The second attack on Coup de Grâce, Double-edged Strike, and Flashing Blades should have the same Critical Chance and Critical Damage properties as the first swing.
  • Overall Hunter damage has been increased:
    • Focus builder skills have received a moderate damage boost.
    • Focus consumers have received a strong damage boost.
    • Split shot has received a significant damage boost.
  • Many Beorning skills now require line of sight.

Cosmetic Pets

• Frog and Beetle Cosmetic Pets' movement sounds are now on the Sound Effects Volume channel in Options.

Featured Instances

• New Featured Instances are now available:
    • Sari-Surma replaces Bells of Dale.
    • Fornost - Wraith of Water replaces Sammath Gûl
    • Haudh Valandil replaces Dungeons of Dol Guldur
    • Northcotton Farm replaces Halls of Night
    • Iobar's Peak replaces Stone Heights.
  • Featured Instances will now drop item level 234 jewelry instead of level 222 jewelry.

Festivals

• Winter Festival mistletoe has been added as a barter item to Jeffrey Bloomer.
  • Various Summer Festival cosmetic items have new icons.
  • Autumn Leaf and Twilight Purple dye colors have been added to the wardrobe and dressing rooms, and will be available during the Fall Festival.
  • Summer Festival emote granting items that are bound to account no longer automatically consume when acquired.

Housing

• Ambient house music now plays at a consistent volume, and is no longer stacking upon itself depending on conditions.
  • NEW: Small fire pits can no longer be placed in floor housing decoration hooks. Fire pits already placed will remain in place until they are unhooked.

Items

• Legendary Item advancement tracker bars for items in slots nine and ten now have their appropriate matching color.
  • Throne of the Dread Terror - 4-piece Greater Armor Set Bonuses no longer stack with identical bonuses on other armor sets.
  • Throne of the Dread Terror - 2-piece Lesser Armor Set Bonuses no longer stack with identical bonuses on other armor sets.
  • The Dol Amroth Fountain housing item no longer claims to be a tapestry.
  • NEW: Third Age Legendary Bridles will no longer require minimum level above 100, even when dropped by a higher level enemy.

NPCs:

• Human NPCs now run more naturally.

Raids

• NEW: It is now possible to earn the "Challenger of Gothmog" title if you complete all six challenges in one session of Throne of the Dread Terror after the server-first title has been earned on your server.

Regions and other adventuring areas

• More than 88 quests and deeds are available in the new regions of North Ithilien, The Crossroads, Pelennor Fields (After Battle), and Osgiliath (After Battle).
  • Impassable thickets in Taur Druadan now have more branches and trees.
  • Caras Galadhon now has daytime music.
  • Fixed some stuck spots in Talath Anor
  • Fixed some floating trees in South Ithilien
  • Fixed a floating tent in Tham Ornen
  • Fixed a stuck spot in the Entwood.
  • The ore needed for the quest Mining the Mindolluin is no longer buried under the ground.
  • Wraiths in Dar Dugoth no longer idle incorrectly.
  • The door in the Crossing-hall of Central Gondor - Ethring now makes a sound when opening and closing.

Travel

• Players can now travel to their premium or classic houses using the character housing panel.
  • Far Anorien Mithril travel costs have been reduced.

UI

• The option to Disable Combat Music now works reliably.
  • The "Get Points" button on the Character Transfer UI has been renamed Help because it points to an article rather than the store.
  • NEW (Not on Bullroarer): It is now possible to use existing character transfer tokens to transfer characters. If you have tokens, you will need to use them prior to using Turbine Points. Only one currently can be used at a time, so if you wish to transfer more characters than you have tokens, transfer the appropriate number of characters using tokens first, then transfer the rest.

https://www.lotro.com/forums/showthread.php?646926-Bullroarer-Update-19-Preview-and-Release-Notes

This used to me my favorite game. I tried getting back into it recently but I couldn't because I needed membership for so many things, it was difficult to relearn everything, and most of all, Angmar was still terrifying

I'm excited for the changes to hunter to be honest.. I just wish they would nerf the RK. it's still too powerful even with the hunter changes.

I'm excited for the changes to hunter to be honest.. I just wish they would nerf the RK. it's still too powerful even with the hunter changes.
Hunter updates I hope are gonna be great. It's my weakest class, I feel bad for people who choose hunter as their first character and then end up leaving because of it. RK is awesome, no need to downgrade their skills imo :D

Hunter updates I hope are gonna be great. It's my weakest class, I feel bad for people who choose hunter as their first character and then end up leaving because of it. RK is awesome, no need to downgrade their skills imo :D
haha that's me, hunter and havent played in a couple months. I may have to check this out again.

This used to me my favorite game. I tried getting back into it recently but I couldn't because I needed membership for so many things, it was difficult to relearn everything, and most of all, Angmar was still terrifying
awww, I know a lot of people who capped their players without having membership ever. Just keep deeding and questing. Angmar is pretty rough, maybe you could recruit a friend to help you or to start playing too. Don't give up, at higher levels it's worth it. :D

haha that's me, hunter and havent played in a couple months. I may have to check this out again.
awww, yes hunter is the most-picked first character people choose. Try a dps class till you get used to the game, or one with a pet to help you, like a lore master or a captain. Maybe those guys ^ could meetup with you and ya'll could work together sometime. :D

Back