Workaround Low FPS on Pypperoni [Windows Only]

The Crew

TLOPO Staff
If you are having FPS issues on Pypperoni, please read the article below and try the solution described. We've had a few players who have had major FPS issues and this solution was an instant fix.

It's also worth mentioning that it may be beneficial to double check your power plan settings. Both laptops and desktops have power plans designed to limit power draw to conserve energy - and therefore they negatively impact performance. Power plans like "Balanced" or "Power Saver" will severely limit your processor's ability to run at its fullest potential, which will make your framerate drop.

Follow this article for instructions on changing your power plan in Windows 10: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2843-change-power-plan-settings-windows-10-a.html

You should set your power plan to "High Performance" for the best results in playing TLOPO.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no "Solution described" it simply tells you how to do something, but not to do with it.

What graphics card should be running this game? High Power? If so, that wasn't specified.

What graphics card should be running this game? High Power?
Yes, High Power.

If so, that wasn't specified.
Directly from the article:

Select whichever GPU you want. “System default” is the default GPU that’s used for all applications, “Power saving” refers to the low-power GPU (typically on board video like Intel Graphics), and “High performance” refers to the high-power GPU (usually a discrete graphics card from someone like AMD or NVIDIA).

talk to me like i'm in kindergarten!
look, this is a snip of where the article tells you to look ...there's nothing about anything high GPU or otherwise GPU
grr,...

1585012132248.png

2.7 fps sailing ... i can't hit anything ):

talk to me like i'm in kindergarten!
look, this is a snip of where the article tells you to look ...there's nothing about anything high GPU or otherwise GPU
grr,...

View attachment 118800

2.7 fps sailing ... i can't hit anything ):
You will need to select "Browse", and then locate "tlopo.exe" from within the TLOPO installation folder. The defaults are the following:

C:\Program Files\TLOPO\tlopo.exe
C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\tlopo.exe

It will be one of these, depending on which your computer installed it into.

Ever since doing this I have now been disconnected multiple times in order to "Prevent a district reset"

fixed the stuttering though.

yeah except i'm the only one in the district being kicked
This is a server issue. The reason why you're getting disconnected is because rather than take down the entire server and everyone else with it, the server is smart enough to eject you and handle the exception gracefully.

We have patched the district resets that're occurring on prod, we're going to be releasing an update out soon fixing them.

You can also check this thread that I created. It will guide you through how to change certain things for Nvidia and TLOPO.. example: vsync is not necessary to use in either the game settings or Nvidia setting.

Keep in mind, this will only help IF you have a Nvidia graphics card:

yeah except i'm the only one in the district being kicked
It's still probably server side. Your toon/sprite is most likely colliding with some server code that you're not supposed to be seeing or clipping through. The district reset is like a soft reset for your client, instead of the whole ocean when abassa goes down.

Can someone help me? Can't find a Mac forum.
I have a Mac and the other day on the game there was a pop up suggestion about what to download to make game play better for Macs with instructions. Can someone link me to a post on here about it? My game play is suffering, I'm lagging badly, the images bleed, I freeze, and chat gets blurry, just lots of problems that I did not have before that I have now. I'd like to try out the Mac suggestion to see if it helps! Help is very much appreciated!

Can someone help me? Can't find a Mac forum.
I have a Mac and the other day on the game there was a pop up suggestion about what to download to make game play better for Macs with instructions. Can someone link me to a post on here about it? My game play is suffering, I'm lagging badly, the images bleed, I freeze, and chat gets blurry, just lots of problems that I did not have before that I have now. I'd like to try out the Mac suggestion to see if it helps! Help is very much appreciated!
That sounds like a really nasty issue with the graphics. The suggestion that was sent out over a system message was to download a program called "Macs Fan Control" and set your computer fans to full blast - this will help keep FPS high by preventing CPU thermal throttling.

This will still help your FPS, but it won't help the visual issues. Those sound game engine related, and will require further investigation. May you please email us a log to support@tlopo.com so we can begin debugging this?

Logs can be found in this path:

~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/logs/

That sounds like a really nasty issue with the graphics. The suggestion that was sent out over a system message was to download a program called "Macs Fan Control" and set your computer fans to full blast - this will help keep FPS high by preventing CPU thermal throttling.

This will still help your FPS, but it won't help the visual issues. Those sound game engine related, and will require further investigation. May you please email us a log to support@tlopo.com so we can begin debugging this?

Logs can be found in this path:

~/Library/Application\ Support/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online/Game/logs/

Thank you!!!! Just emailed a log!

Back