Question Low FPS

heluwil

Sea Legs
Ive been playing this since mid 2017 and have had persistent issues with framerate, i average around 10-24 fps but i have a decent powered laptop which runs other games like gta 5 perfectly fine. Im wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and if theres any solutions for it?

Ive been playing this since mid 2017 and have had persistent issues with framerate, i average around 10-24 fps but i have a decent powered laptop which runs other games like gta 5 perfectly fine. Im wondering if anyone else has had similar issues and if theres any solutions for it?
Hi there!

There will be significant performance improvements released in our Pypperoni update. We are trying to get this update out by the end of the year.

There will be a public test server announced very soon for this update, considering how massive of a change it is.

~The Crew

Hi there!

There will be significant performance improvements released in our Pypperoni update. We are trying to get this update out by the end of the year.

There will be a public test server announced very soon for this update, considering how massive of a change it is.

~The Crew

Glad to hear this. I am currently running a GTX 2080, an i7 that I have boosted to 4.9 GHz and 16 gigs of ram and still occasionally in some areas and effects in some areas that drops my fps down to 7 (coughcoughthefireinthetownhallcoughcough)

Hi there!

~The Crew
Public test server? Will this be open to the general playing tlopo public, or just hard core players by invite?

There will be some qualifications to join. We haven’t decided on them yet, we’ll have more information on that soon.
I just read yesterdays release notes on the test server and I see the first wave will likely be by direct invitation. That tells me the staff will be choosing people they like and know.
Soooo, with two strikes already against me, I can only hope to bunt into the third pitch and I'm wondering what the parameters will be for the sign up page? Has anything about the sign up page been decided? It doesn't appear getting to the test server will be like getting a lucky key this time.

Thanks Mr. Teague.

I just read yesterdays release notes on the test server and I see the first wave will likely be by direct invitation. That tells me the staff will be choosing people they like and know.
Soooo, with two strikes already against me, I can only hope to bunt into the third pitch and I'm wondering what the parameters will be for the sign up page? Has anything about the sign up page been decided? It doesn't appear getting to the test server will be like getting a lucky key this time.

Thanks Mr. Teague.
I don't think they have anything finalized yet in another thread teague said that once they have it all ironed out there will be a blog post where people can apply

Thanks Mr. Teague.
To have this on the record, we we are not looking at moderation history as a sole factor in determining whether someone is qualified to be considered for access to the test server. Other factors may include how active you are in-game, length of account ownership, whether you are active on the forums and in the community or not, etc.

The test server is not the staff team "choosing people they like and know". The only thing that we care about is who is going to do the best job as a tester.

For what it's worth, the people who we plan to be reaching out to are those who have consistently submitted quality feedback to the development team over the course of the past several years. Most of these people we have never even spoken to, this is because they've submitted their feedback through one-way no-response systems in-game and on the website blindly hoping that we'd look at it - and we actually do.

If someone is going to just be causing a headache for us on the test server, of course we're not going to give them an invitation to the test server. We have a game that needs to be tested so we can get the new content, bug fixes, etc put onto production.

To have this on the record, we we are not looking at moderation history as a sole factor in determining whether someone is qualified to be considered for access to the test server. Other factors may include how active you are in-game, length of account ownership, whether you are active on the forums and in the community or not, etc.

The test server is not the staff team "choosing people they like and know". The only thing that we care about is who is going to do the best job as a tester.

For what it's worth, the people who we plan to be reaching out to are those who have consistently submitted quality feedback to the development team over the course of the past several years. Most of these people we have never even spoken to, this is because they've submitted their feedback through one-way no-response systems in-game and on the website blindly hoping that we'd look at it - and we actually do.

If someone is going to just be causing a headache for us on the test server, of course we're not going to give them an invitation to the test server. We have a game that needs to be tested so we can get the new content, bug fixes, etc put onto production.
Define headache please Mr. Crew.

Define headache please Mr. Crew.
A headache would be someone who misuses their test server access, abuses their privileges or just causes problems in general. Getting muted once or twice isn’t a “headache,” I think it’s pretty self-explanatory.

Okey Dokey

I discovered something a couple of nights ago. About a week ago I redownloaded the game. When I did my fps went down drastically. I kept asking others in my guild if there's changed that much and didn't seem to be a problem for them. So I thought, I will delete and start over again. When I did I realized that my intel graphics was being used instead of my nvidia. So I set up my nvidia to be the graphics processor being used and now my fps is back up where it was anywhere from 30 - 60 fps. That sure is a lot better than 10-15. Maybe this would be helpful to some of you.

To add to this, if you are playing in windowed mode do not resize your window after the character selection. It just about halves FPS for whatever reason. Thanks to the person who discovered this you know who you are.

Back