Suggestion Lower the cost of retraining to scale off pirate level

Do ye agree?

• Aye!

• Nay!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Leon Hexmalley

Pirate Apprentice
This one is for the sailors out there who use more than one ship type... Spending 10,000 gold every time one wants to switch from cannon to sailing is a bit much for higher level pirates, but impossible to do for lower levels.

I suggest changing the cost of retraining to scale off your pirate level x50.

Retraining for a level 1 would be 50
A level 10 - 500
30 - 1500
50 - 2500

This would allow low level pirates to more easily retrain their skills when they wanted to switch from cannoneering to sailing, or switch from your Stormchaser to your Fortune Hunter.

i want to agree but i feel like this would be problematic if you were happy with your specs until you reached a higher level,
it would charge you a lot more gold just because you waited longer to respec

(and i understand that you could easily afford it by the time you reach that level, but still, it's spending more just for waiting)

i want to agree but i feel like this would be problematic if you were happy with your specs until you reached a higher level,

One cant really be happy with their cannon specs considering you HAVE to retrain it in order to efficiently sail different types of ships.
The relationship between cannon skill point allocation and sailing is by nature one you have to be constantly switching in order to tailor to what you are using.

Cannon skill points have to be retrained every time your sailing a different ship in order to sail the ship properly, and if a level 10 were to switch from cannon to sailing only 3 times, it has become virtually impossible for them to do so any longer.

Im reading my own writing have having trouble understand myself. Heres basically what i mean.
>When a player wants to cannon on a ship, they must train their cannon skill points to allow them to do so (Shoot, Rapid Reload, and their ammo)
>When this player wants to go from cannoneering to sailing (say, a stormchaser), they must retrain their cannon to their ships skills (Round shot 5, lightning 5, barrage 5)
>When this player wants to sail their fortune hunter instead, they must retrain their cannon (Firebrand instead of thunder)
>When this player wants to go back to cannon, they must retrain again (Shoot 5, Rapid reload)
in just 4 runs, they are reaching the 10,000 limit.

Last edited:
if a level 10 were to switch from cannon to sailing only 3 times, it has become virtually impossible for them to do so any longer.
in just 4 runs, they are reaching the 10,000 limit.

i suppose so, but i can't really say anything to argue this point cuz i don't sail yet

I'm happy with the way it is and feel your suggestion goes too far. For a high level sailor, such as myself 10k gold is not at all an issue, I sail 3 types of upgrades and do retrain for them fairly often so I do know about this. On the low lvl pirate front I could see having a more graduated increase to the 10k level, right now you pay 1k the first time and 10k after that I would support having more intermediate costs for pirates who are in the middle of leveling on all weapons and sailing skills, maybe 5 levels??? Starting, as it does, with 1k gold for the first time you retrain and increasing to 2k, 3k, 7.5k and 10k for each successive retrain perhaps, something more like that.

Back