Weapons Lvl 41 and Staff at 14 :/

I also leveled my staff pretty late and it was a struggle. What I find the easiest and most productive way to level staff is to go to the South Idol on Raven's Cove and use the Flaming Skull staff skill on the group and aim across them so that you hit them all with the same blast, without a crew bonus, you could be getting nearly 70 rep per kill.

You'll have to move around a good bit so that they don't k/o you (They hit hard as a group) they also have moves that interrupt casting, but I still find this the fastest way to level staff around your level.

I did make me in torments mostly. Found a spot where there are lots of flotsams a gave them all a blast to bring them to me then stood next to a spineskull and used either until they all were killed..they may give around 30 or so rep each but when you do 5 or 6 at a time it all adds up.
This may not be the best or fastest way but it was a good method for me personally :)

My usual spot:
Catacombs on Padres
Find the small lava pool near Bonerattler
There's a group of 6 enemies immediately next to the lava pool (3 Mercenaries, 2 Assassins, 1 Raider)
Aggro them all and get them into a big group, and use flame skull on said group until they're all dead

Not sure if you're still looking for a good spot, but this one definitely works pretty well
(also great for grenades, if you need to work on those as well)

The staff was nerfed by about 30%, making it take that much longer to level with it. Even when fully leveled, the staff is now basically a useless weapon against any foe but the gray and green level enemies.
Many of the weapons have been nerfed as well, including the cool down time for grenades and the range of muskets, bayonets, etc. Even voodoo dolls are now essentially a whimsical item rather than an effective weapon.
Not sure what the point and purpose is, but there it is.

Back