Mac version troubles

Rob P

Pirate Apprentice
I got my alpha key last week and I'm glad the Mac version is out!

I just downloaded the new Mac version for TLOPO, and it installed correctly and everything, but when I try to log on, this message keeps coming up:
Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 5.39.26 PM.png

I'm not sure what it means or why it keeps happening, but can anyone help? Thank you :)

I just downloaded the new Mac version for TLOPO, and it installed correctly and everything, but when I try to log on, this message keeps coming up:
View attachment 66022
I'm not sure what it means or why it keeps happening, but can anyone help? Thank you :)
It means that the launcher is unable to connect to the website. Do you have any form of anti-virus protection on your computer? Those sometimes interfere with applications using the internet.

I'm having this same issue. And I don't have any form of anti-virus protection on my computer. Are you sure its not something on your guys' end?

I'm having this same issue. And I don't have any form of anti-virus protection on my computer. Are you sure its not something on your guys' end?

View attachment 66022
Do you use two factor authentication?

Here's something to try:

Open up a program on your computer called terminal then type the following:

cd /Applications/The\ Legend\ of\ Pirates\ Online.app/Contents/MacOS/
sudo ./launcher

Press "enter/return" after both of these lines. Let me know if this works.

Here's something to try:

sudo ./launcher

I just tried this. It re-opened the application, but the message still comes up when I try to log in.

Here's something to try:

sudo ./launcher

No, that didn't help. Here's what I got from both Terminal and the launcher when I did that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 4.39.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 4.39.19 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 207
No, that didn't help. Here's what I got from both Terminal and the launcher when I did that.
Now THAT is helpful output. There's the reason why it can't connect.

Let me look into this, I might be able to get a figure out a solution for it.

EDIT:

The launcher for some reason is failing to load the SSL Libraries. We're looking into the cause.

For debugging purposes, may you screenshot your macs system specs under the "About This Mac" section on your computer.

Now THAT is helpful output. There's the reason why it can't connect.

Let me look into this, I might be able to get a figure out a solution for it.
Haha awesome! Glad I could help. And thanks for replying so quick. Lemme know if you figure anything out.

Okay, as a workaround you could install OpenSSL on your computer.

Open up Terminal again and type the following things:

ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
brew install openssl

After you type these things, open up the launcher again and let me know if it works.

You may need to link OpenSSL, but I don't think that you'll need to. If installing using just the two lines above does not work, type the following line into Terminal and try again:

brew link openssl --force

NOTE: each of these lines will take some time to do their thing. Just wait until they finish before typing the next line.

Okay, as a workaround you could install OpenSSL on your computer.

Open up Terminal again and type the following things:

ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"
brew install openssl

After you type these things, open up the launcher again and let me know if it works.

You may need to link OpenSSL, but I don't think that you'll need to. If installing using just the two lines above does not work, type the following line into Terminal and try again:

brew link openssl --force

NOTE: each of these lines will take some time to do their thing. Just wait until they finish before typing the next line.
I don't think that did anything, but I might be doing it wrong. I'm not supposed to change the destination with that 'cd' command, right? I tried the first two lines and it looked like it was trying to install something, but I'm not sure if it did or not.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 5.12.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-30 at 5.12.24 PM.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 128
I don't think that did anything, but I might be doing it wrong. I'm not supposed to change the destination with that 'cd' command, right? I tried the first two lines and it looked like it was trying to install something, but I'm not sure if it did or not.
Rerun it and press return. If you get some erroneous output throw the word "sudo" in front of the word "ruby"

Yes! It worked! What I was doing wrong was copying both lines. First I had to copy just the first line and it would ask for my password to install to my computer. That was an actual software installation. Then I copied and pasted the second line and that installed another thing. That installed straight through Terminal. And I did have to do that third 'brew -link' line which loaded up something in Terminal. Then when I opened the launcher, it began the installation. I'll let you know if I have any problems signing in.

Yes! It worked! What I was doing wrong was copying both lines. First I had to copy just the first line and it would ask for my password to install to my computer. That was an actual software installation. Then I copied and pasted the second line and that installed another thing. That installed straight through Terminal. And I did have to do that third 'brew -link' line which loaded up something in Terminal. Then when I opened the launcher, it began the installation. I'll let you know if I have any problems signing in.
Awesome! I'll try to fix this up for @Rob P in PM. I'll have him share his screen so I can see what is going wrong in realtime.

EDIT: By the way, there's an error with audio that has been appearing. You may need to enter the in-game Game Options and disable the audio to prevent these crashes. A patch is in the works.

So the launcher now has launcher and server info, but one I log in, it crashes instantly. It acknowledges that my credentials are correct, but as soon as it tries to launch the game itself, it crashes.

@Davy Darkrage Do you have any ideas on how to ship off libssl.dylib/libcrypto.dylib along with the launcher? It's made in Qt. I am not sure if I'd need to link these inside the bundle or not.

Back