Question Macbook question. cache

squintz

Pirate Lord
Can someone point me to the apple mac cache of tlopo? Or post the path?
I can't find a cache like windows has to clear.
thx

I have Mac as well and I looked up how to clear cache so here’s what I got.

Attachments

• F39EEBB8-778A-45E3-975F-D33FE871373D.jpeg
    F39EEBB8-778A-45E3-975F-D33FE871373D.jpeg
    170.3 KB · Views: 235
There is something going with tlopo. It has been very laggy lately, not just on macs but pc too.
Yes, its a work in progress. Only the developers know what they have to work with. From what a past tlopo developer has stated, tlopo uses a rendering engine called panda. He also linked to the site itself. There were many videos of panda capabilities and it is vast. However, there were numerous panda videos comparing the panda low res or default engine and a full on panda renderer. And our tlopo game doesn't come close windows or mac to the full blown examples. But matches the default less demanding render almost exact. If this is the case, then developers have their reasons to do what they do and we'll just have to work with it as well.
I'm not computer illiterate, work with other type computer programs and they all have similar routines and I know about resolution enough to know what I'm looking at. I may not know all how it works, but I can tell the difference. You don't have to smoke to know the smell.

Also, some updates go smoother than others. This update I haven't been dc'd quite so much, but I'm getting pretty consistent lag type issues on all oceans, full or empty. I'd say a bit more than usual.
I say usual, because I have no clue what 'normal' would be in tlopo.

GL.

I'm facing an issue with trying to create a new pirate (downloaded the game today) and I am not sure if it is lag or just not working at all, since I have tried restarting my pc and all the open slots.
How long is the wait time for you guys to get in or create new pirates?

I'm facing an issue with trying to create a new pirate (downloaded the game today) and I am not sure if it is lag or just not working at all, since I have tried restarting my pc and all the open slots.
How long is the wait time for you guys to get in or create new pirates?

Ahoy @Xeltania,

There are a number of ways that will generally work to fix most error messages that come with first time installation, and are as follows:

#1: Clearing the game cache on your PC/Mac. For instructions to clear your cache on a Mac, just follow the instructions given above by fellow Mac users. For PC, head to the filepath as directed:

C:\Program Files\TLOPO\cache

(It should be noted that this filepath is respective where you installed the game, and may very well be on the C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\cache path if you are installing it to your computer's harddrive.)

and remove all cache files while the game is closed.

After that's done, restart your game and try again.

#2: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game. Pretty self explanatory, just head to your computer search bar (or via the Windows Button + S) and look up the term 'uninstall' and it should open the Apps & Features service for Windows 10. Similar functions for Windows 7 & 8 as well. In the service, find The Legend of Pirates Online in the scroll list and uninstall.

(For Macintosh users I'm unsure, though I've heard it's as simple as just finding the file directory for TLOPO and deleting it.)

Finally, follow the link here to get a fresh installation for the game for your respective system.

#3: If you've tried both of the following options at least once, it is recommended that you Email the TLOPO Support Team at support@tlopo.com and they will be able to assist you in attempting to fix your issue.

Fair Winds,

Misha

Ahoy @Xeltania,

There are a number of ways that will generally work to fix most error messages that come with first time installation, and are as follows:

#1: Clearing the game cache on your PC/Mac. For instructions to clear your cache on a Mac, just follow the instructions given above by fellow Mac users. For PC, head to the filepath as directed:

C:\Program Files\TLOPO\cache

(It should be noted that this filepath is respective where you installed the game, and may very well be on the C:\Program Files (x86)\TLOPO\cache path if you are installing it to your computer's harddrive.)

and remove all cache files while the game is closed.

After that's done, restart your game and try again.

#2: Uninstalling and Reinstalling the game. Pretty self explanatory, just head to your computer search bar (or via the Windows Button + S) and look up the term 'uninstall' and it should open the Apps & Features service for Windows 10. Similar functions for Windows 7 & 8 as well. In the service, find The Legend of Pirates Online in the scroll list and uninstall.

(For Macintosh users I'm unsure, though I've heard it's as simple as just finding the file directory for TLOPO and deleting it.)

Finally, follow the link here to get a fresh installation for the game for your respective system.

#3: If you've tried both of the following options at least once, it is recommended that you Email the TLOPO Support Team at support@tlopo.com and they will be able to assist you in attempting to fix your issue.

Fair Winds,

Misha
Hi,
I got it working :)
I both cleared the cache and tried having a copy of phase_1 with the other phase files so one of the two did the trick :D
Thanks!

Back