Glitch macOS High Sierra users still can't launch game

Sir Famous

Honorable Pirate
I know I've been kind of a bother to the developers about this, but on September 25th, macOS High Sierra (the new OS for mac computers) is releasing to the public, and once TLOPO users move to that update, they will also be unable to launch the game, the way I haven't been able to while testing High Sierra the past few months. Please consider taking a look at this! I'd love to be able to get back on the high seas once again without having to borrow my brother's PC. Thanks,

BubbyNX

Hello People!
Just updated macOS 10.13 ( I knew I shouldn't have ) High Sierra.
When I hit Play the games says Have Fun but then goes back to the log in .
Deleted it and reinstalled it to no avail.
Anyone else on a Mac having this issue?
Mini
I have this issue as well. I didn't think that it would not be able to open the game. I tried redownloading it as well and it still didn't work.

I'm experiencing the same issue on macos High Sierra. The game crashes after successfully logging in with the error:

dyld: Symbol not found: _inflateValidate
Referenced from: /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib
Expected in: libs//libz.1.dylib
in /System/Library/Frameworks/ImageIO.framework/Versions/A/Resources/libPng.dylib

The problem file is in /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/The Legend of Pirates Online/Game/Libs. Unfortunately, "libz.1.dylib" is restored after every successful login so any attempt to replace it with a copy from /usr/lib that does supply the needed function "inflateValidate" are overwritten.

I posted on this last week and received a curt reply from an 'ex-dev' that it's a known issue. No resolution date. Oh, and there's already a thread on it somewhere else. That's a free beta for you.

Back