Macros

teabolt

Pirate Apprentice
HELLO PIRATE PEOPLE! Has anyone seen the people leveling using macros? Its a program you can install to say, for example, lob grenades indefinately. I saw a guy in Rats Nest today who was not there but he was tossing grenades at the boss for hours. He programed his mouse to just infinite clicks and low and behold he has mastered grenades.. The guys name was Despair.

Is this legit? Does POTC have an opinion about cheating?

ttyl! peacetea.png

Other games consider it cheating and I think so too. Others work hard for leveling while macros users just sit around and wait

I remember, in tormenta, a guy was using a speed glitch to fire a gun. And right before my eyes he disappered. I think the server sent out a alert and he was gone.

if you use any outside programs in potco will get you band for life. i have heard of pirates paying their kids to do potions for them.
lol1.gif

if you use any outside programs in potco will get you band for life. i have heard of pirates paying their kids to do potions for them. :lol1:

Yea i actually seen someone on ebay that had an auction on there for them to get your pirate to level 50 and master everything in a week..and he had actually had some feedback of people that had him do it for them.. now why would u get someone else to level your pirate?

O_O I USED THE AUTO CLICKER AND WENT FROM LEVEL 43 - 45 IN 1 HOUR AT TORMENTA. ( ITS NOT THAT FUN THO CUZ THEN U JUST RUN AROUND AND DONT DO ANYTHING ) Oh ya and BTW didnt know the auto clicker worked for grenades TOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOW IM GONNA MASTER GRENADES!!!!!!

Basil, that glitch was fixed, but it was awesome! It was a glitch with the bayonet, which let you fire any gun without reloading. I took my blunder, went to Dark, click 2 times. Was great for looting!
I mastered every single of my weapons working on them, even tho some were boring, like the grenades, in the end, you'd always say 'That was fun!'

O_O I USED THE AUTO CLICKER AND WENT FROM LEVEL 43 - 45 IN 1 HOUR AT TORMENTA. ( ITS NOT THAT FUN THO CUZ THEN U JUST RUN AROUND AND DONT DO ANYTHING ) Oh ya and BTW didnt know the auto clicker worked for grenades TOO!!!!!!!!!!! NOW IM GONNA MASTER GRENADES!!!!!!
DUDE u should uninstall it alot of my friends got T-E-R-M-E-D for it if disney sees u and they term u dont say i didnt warn u

If its not that fun, why do it??? Its not like u get to level 50 and get a prize , why the rush getting there ?

Hey guys we are pirates right we cheat right so there is no prob cheating I mean if POTCO has a prob with it I will just say hey guys we are pirates pirates are criminals we do what we want. by the way i don't do it I am just telling u guys what u can say.

Sorry for bring up an old post it seems, but to the OP, your point is valid. Doing that is crappy, and that guy is losing the spirit of the game, but I don't think your using the right word. The word, and what you are referring to, is a "bot"(robot). A macro is a short series of commands mapped to a keyboard key or mouse button...and in gaming isn't cheating or wrong. In fact some games have special slots just for macros. I have an advanced gaming mouse (it has two extra buttons on the thumb side). When I am sailing, I have these two buttons set with a macro to fire broadsides, port one and starboard the other. So when I'm sailing and going after a ship I can focus on steering the ship and the camera angle and not have to reach and press "1" or "2" as well, I have that button press mapped to the button. It's not automatic. When I'm on land, I switch and have one be my Tonic, because sometimes...you can't get to and press the "T" fast enough lol. My thumb is faster. The guy you mentioned was using a bot, a program that does specific things (like auto click the mouse infinitely) and is definitely cheating, in most any online game you get banned when caught using one, POTCO, probably and shouldn't be any different.

~Etar1pAI

header_game_chat.jpg

poc_bullet_redskull.gif
The Pirates Online Code of Conduct:

• Respect your fellow pirates - Pirates of the Caribbean Online does not tolerate any swearing, cheating, bullying or overt harassment toward other players. Disciplinary action will be taken should any one of these occur while playing.

• Never reveal any of your personal information - The best way to ensure you stay safe online is to NEVER share your real name, phone number, address, email or passwords with anyone.

• No inappropriate talk - References to drugs and ***ual, racial or otherwise inappropriate talk are not permitted and are grounds for removal from the game.

• No Cheating - Any use of third party programs is not allowed. Players who use any third party programs while playing risk being permanently banned.

#4 is the rule here. You can and if caught WILL get banned for using any outside program that alters the state of the game.

Hey guys we are pirates right we cheat right so there is no prob cheating I mean if POTCO has a prob with it I will just say hey guys we are pirates pirates are criminals we do what we want. by the way i don't do it I am just telling u guys what u can say.

Yeah you may be right about that. The history of pirates, real pirates, proves this. However, Disney WILL not accept that as an answer. In fact, they will not accept any answer. If you are caught breaking rule #4, you will be banned, no excuses will be heard.

Reactions: Bad
too many bots these days on just about every game you play people will be using bots some games have less some have more but it does get annoying

header_game_chat.jpg

poc_bullet_redskull.gif
The Pirates Online Code of Conduct:

• Respect your fellow pirates - Pirates of the Caribbean Online does not tolerate any swearing, cheating, bullying or overt harassment toward other players. Disciplinary action will be taken should any one of these occur while playing.

• Never reveal any of your personal information - The best way to ensure you stay safe online is to NEVER share your real name, phone number, address, email or passwords with anyone.

• No inappropriate talk - References to drugs and ***ual, racial or otherwise inappropriate talk are not permitted and are grounds for removal from the game.

• No Cheating - Any use of third party programs is not allowed. Players who use any third party programs while playing risk being permanently banned.

#4 is the rule here. You can and if caught WILL get banned for using any outside program that alters the state of the game.

Yeah you may be right about that. The history of pirates, real pirates, proves this. However, Disney WILL not accept that as an answer. In fact, they will not accept any answer. If you are caught breaking rule #4, you will be banned, no excuses will be heard.
Thanks for posting this mate. Ok GUYS I THINK IT IS CLEAR WE ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO CHEAT!!! THE END! lol anyways its in there rules we need to follow them so no cheating!

Back