Mail box on the game for guild and friends

thought it would be nice to have a mail box for our friends on the game, that can not get hold of us any other way. :treasure: 📬
Because parts of this game are built upon nostalgia, I think something like this is going to keep people more connected with one another (which is good) unless of course players themselves talk readily about the forums specifically which serves that same purpose.

Good idea! The better people can communicate with one another the better the community is sustained and then grows. *Communication is...that important. ;)

Are you talking about sending messages to someone through this feature? Isn't the different chat options enough for that reason?

I kinda get it for guilds. Like a lot of them have discords for example and they send there info to each person. Which gets too be annoying as heck after awhile. Have like an "announcements" or mailbox thing for the guild.

Friends I'm not so sure about.

Are you talking about sending messages to someone through this feature? Isn't the different chat options enough for that reason?
Yes and no. A mailbox type of device would allow messages left for the recipient to pick up any time up until a set removal. At least that seems like the op's thought to me. Todays chats can't be kept as far as I know. I don't really do guilds so I don't know if the guild chat has reserved saved messages or anything. everything seems live as far as I can tell.

Yes and no. A mailbox type of device would allow messages left for the recipient to pick up any time up until a set removal. At least that seems like the op's thought to me. Todays chats can't be kept as far as I know. I don't really do guilds so I don't know if the guild chat has reserved saved messages or anything. everything seems live as far as I can tell.
Oh ok

I'm all for this as long as it's made piratey somehow, I don't think mail boxes were a thing in that era. Maybe add a gifting ability along with it, Like you can take a potion or something else (Not a Legendary weapon of course) and attach it to the message as a kind gesture.

Like some bottle for leaving messages to other when they are not active in a game...
Dang, that's just what I was gonna think.
How about create and pay a courier that could be set on an island or main town near the center of town. The sender could place him/her in any main area until released by the sender and only the recipient can see the toon. Maybe clicking on the recipients player card and leaving 'you have courier-location'. It might be better to do it via player card than create additional account baggage.

And or use the player card as the mailbox itself? We can already whisper, but only live I believe.

Not everyone uses discord so it would be a way to communicate with them in game when they log on, great idea & love the message in a bottle idea for guild mates & friends

Not everyone uses discord so it would be a way to communicate with them in game when they log on, great idea & love the message in a bottle idea for guild mates & friends
Wouldn't it be kind of cool if message in the bottle for the guilds could be like everyone in the guild can see bottle messages floating around and anyone can pick it up or even fishing but not know who it is for. So un personal messages could be put back in the water with a note you found it. Just a weird idea.

Back