Maintenance update?

We're merging two physical servers into one (newer) server with better hardware. Response times with the website and general game connectivity should be noticeable. We're also switching our backend website code from Python 2 to Python 3 to stay current and receive the performance benefits that 3 has to offer.

Also, as a tease... The improvements with this are also opening up the ability for us to create a public test server (apart from the main production server). More on that coming hopefully soon. ;)

FPS is a client-side (not server-side) issue. Our Pypperoni project - a rewrite of the game client's backend compilation - is aimed to help with this. Pypperoni is a compiler that takes the game's code, written in Python, and converts it to the C programming language. Pypperoni will also feature a much newer version of Panda3D, the game's graphics engine, which we've worked to heavily optimize. The newer Panda version will also fix a lot of current client instability in settings where a lot of players are present. Pypperoni is coming at a later date, so stay tuned.
This sounds great and worth waiting for. Unfortunately, but happily I'll have to change my complete beta playing style. No more making drinks and snacks while auto running to places on full servers ... in powerpoint presentation mode. :bow:
Thanks for allowing me to continue beta testing playing and for all you and staff do to keep tlopo alive.

Nothing broke, they are changing everything over from two older servers to a new server that is upgraded. They are hoping this will help game play plus it will allow them to include a test server.
This really is just a logical upgrade as I would have to believe Pypperoni needs the newer MB perhaps and horsepower. The fact that they pulled it off out of pockets says a lot.

Back