Maintenance update?

Blondie357

Honorable Pirate
The last post was last nite about continuing work in the am. I'm sure this is still going on.. just wondering on an update. Anything? ETA, how its going, is there a problem, etc. Just anxious to get back to playing :) -starts twitching-

What will it make better? Excited to see.
Essentially, we are in process of migrating our servers over from the current setup to a new setup. We are combining two servers into one server, this server will be much more powerful than the previous ones. Besides improving performance, it'll also support future features that we plan on having coming out soon. One of these features is the creation of our public testing server.

The standard response is always, “what do you want—the game is free.” I hate that free somehow means it’s easier to be patient or that somehow poor communication is ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
The standard response is always, “what do you want—the game is free.” I hate that free somehow means it’s easier to be patient or that somehow poor communication is ok.

@Binarby If you look above, 2 posts above, 23 minutes ago (as I'm typing this just now), Steph replied with the following:

Essentially, we are in process of migrating our servers over from the current setup to a new setup. We are combining two servers into one server, this server will be much more powerful than the previous ones. Besides improving performance, it'll also support future features that we plan on having coming out soon. One of these features is the creation of our public testing server.

and 3 posts before that:
We're still working on it!

I mean practically what will this mean, better fps or example?
We're merging two physical servers into one (newer) server with better hardware. Response times with the website and general game connectivity should be noticeable. We're also switching our backend website code from Python 2 to Python 3 to stay current and receive the performance benefits that 3 has to offer.

Also, as a tease... The improvements with this are also opening up the ability for us to create a public test server (apart from the main production server). More on that coming hopefully soon. ;)

FPS is a client-side (not server-side) issue. Our Pypperoni project - a rewrite of the game client's backend compilation - is aimed to help with this. Pypperoni is a compiler that takes the game's code, written in Python, and converts it to the C programming language. Pypperoni will also feature a much newer version of Panda3D, the game's graphics engine, which we've worked to heavily optimize. The newer Panda version will also fix a lot of current client instability in settings where a lot of players are present. Pypperoni is coming at a later date, so stay tuned.

We're merging two physical servers into one (newer) server with better hardware. Response times with the website and general game connectivity should be noticeable. We're also switching our backend website code from Python 2 to Python 3 to stay current and receive the performance benefits that 3 has to offer.

Also, as a tease... The improvements with this are also opening up the ability for us to create a public test server (apart from the main production server). More on that coming hopefully soon. ;)

FPS is a client-side (not server-side) issue. Our Pypperoni project - a rewrite of the game client's backend compilation - is aimed to help with this. Pypperoni is a compiler that takes the game's code, written in Python, and converts it to the C programming language. Pypperoni will also feature a much newer version of Panda3D, the game's graphics engine, which we've worked to heavily optimize. The newer Panda version will also fix a lot of current client instability in settings where a lot of players are present. Pypperoni is coming at a later date, so stay tuned.
I believe in you

In news and announcements they are keeping us informed quite well. Less than a half hour ago they posted they are not quite ready. They have been testing the server this evening.

I believe in you
We believe in you! Waiting is crazy but Binarby & Co you must have missed out on the fun we all had between Alpha and Beta... that was a few months of nail biting waiting! ;)
:pirate ship:

It's not poor communication on their part. The team has kept us up-to-date all day.

The difference between this FTP game and other FTP games is that others contain microtransactions to generate some income. Obviously, TLOPO doesn't so there is absolutely no income to be made on their end which means that this project is being made entirely out of pocket. So to say that TLOPO being a FTP game and patience is needed is a bad excuse, that's just simply being ungrateful.

Have some gratitude towards the devs and appreciate what they have done for US.

Back