Request Make Grenades Move Through Players

Make Grenades Move Through Players

• Yes

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Yes, nothing makes less sense in the game, especially since they don't do any damage to the players, only to yourself and enemies.
When they hit players I'm almost certain they do no damage to enemies, which is the main reason why I'm suggesting this.
Plus, players can block you when you're trying to throw a grenade which gets very annoying, especially when people are jumping around like crazy.

Yes, nothing makes less sense in the game, especially since they don't do any damage to the players, only to yourself and enemies.
Grenades can/have been used though (against other players) in the form of harassment or bullying. *In this way, grenades have a purpose to which Disney failed to understand about POTCO. That purpose includes the below scenario to which I am HIGHLY in agreement with what this thread is asking. ;)
  • Abassa Tortuga is packed!
  • Two or more pirates don’t get along (or, everyone including the pirate with the ‘nades are all complete strangers)
  • The pirate with the ‘nades decides to use them (sometimes throwing them directly at someone)
  • Players become irritated and the whole atmosphere is disrupted
  • The pirate throwing the ‘nades is happy
Why was this game functionality (problem) allowed to exist???

I was looting twins when I got the idea to make this.
I wonder why that happens? Is it a intended effect? I mean, in real life if you go to throw a grenade and smack the guy next to you in the head and it falls down at your feet, you're hamburger because of your mistake.
But is it just a collision mistake in code with the throwing animations? It's like, why does a pirate throw a grenade so back stupid as well.
the animation is totally off.
If there is no damage when the enemy is standing next to the guy you hit in the head, then it looks like a bug. <-- just thinking about that. I think it's true that enemies take damage from grenades at all times.
I just threw grenades into a group and the enemy is damaged and the pirates are not. Also was doing this on hex and an occasional pirate would join and even though he/she set off my grenades close to me than normal, hex and minions still took the normal damage, of course so did I.
So, I think the only issue is taking damage yourself if you're close to the pirate causing it. I don't think it stops damaging enemies.

Last edited:
Grenades can/have been used though (against other players) in the form of harassment or bullying. *In this way, grenades have a purpose to which Disney failed to understand about POTCO. That purpose includes the below scenario to which I am HIGHLY in agreement with what this thread is asking. ;)
  • Abassa Tortuga is packed!
  • Two or more pirates don’t get along (or, everyone including the pirate with the ‘nades are all complete strangers)
  • The pirate with the ‘nades decides to use them (sometimes throwing them directly at someone)
  • Players become irritated and the whole atmosphere is disrupted
  • The pirate throwing the ‘nades is happy
Why was this game functionality (problem) allowed to exist???
This is true, but a pirate can do that with any throwing object in the game as well as staffs, even dolls. I don't think there's a easy solution.
Kids will be kids. But why a pirate can stop your grenade is an interesting dilemma.

This is true, but a pirate can do that with any throwing object in the game as well as staffs, even dolls. I don't think there's a easy solution.
Kids will be kids. But why a pirate can stop your grenade is an interesting dilemma.
The result/after-effects of grenades though impact a pirate’s space or “circle” greater than knives or the brief ZAP and swirl from a staff though (I feel).

Also, other players can experience tremors from grenade impacts.

A lot of things in this game don't make much sense. You're able to shoot through players with gun, use staff through players, so why not be able to throw grenades through players?
So we should be making the game make more sense, not less. Sure, you can argue that it's a matter of consistency, but then I'd say we should actually make players have a clear line of sight to an enemy for ranged weapons.

Back