Request Make Grenades Move Through Players

Make Grenades Move Through Players

• Yes

Votes: 38 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
This is an ease of use thing. It has nothing to do with the weapon’s power.
A weapons ease of use absolutely has everything to do with it's power, ask any military minded person. A weapon's effectiveness is greatly enhanced if it is greatly easier to use.

A weapons ease of use absolutely has everything to do with it's power, ask any military minded person. A weapon's effectiveness is greatly enhanced if it is greatly easier to use.
This is a video game. You should always strive for maximum ease of use. If you want grenades to be nerfed, you should actually nerf their damage instead of making them more cumbersome and frustrating to use.

I submit that you are wrong, see my response to Beggar.
But if you read any of my posts you would understand that having the grenade be blocked by players doesn't increase the skill ceiling for the weapon. No one can master "not having your grenades hit players". It's not an attribute the weapon should have in the first place. All it acts as an annoying RNG based hindrance to enjoyment. Grenades are primarily used in large groups of enemies or for looting, so having it hit pirates in a looting party makes the weapon basically useless for its intended purpose.

I don't feel grenades are a weapon that had a skill ceiling in the first place. Barely anything in this game takes skill at all, especially the PvE combat. Any weapon in this game can be immensely powerful in the hands of a mastered pirate, so who cares? This game never really had any skill or balance to begin with. It's just aim and click. I fail to understand why this would be "too op" for you.

This is a video game. You should always strive for maximum ease of use. If you want grenades to be nerfed, you should actually nerf their damage instead of making them more cumbersome and frustrating to use.
I disagree, who would toss a nade into a melee with friends and enemies in close proximity, I don't think the game originally intended for players to do such a thing, it's wrong. Nades are to be used in solo situations and in battles where the sides are separated, not melees.

But if you read any of my posts you would understand that having the grenade be blocked by players doesn't increase the skill ceiling for the weapon. No one can master "not having your grenades hit players". It's not an attribute the weapon should have in the first place. All it acts as an annoying RNG based hindrance to enjoyment. Grenades are primarily used in large groups of enemies or for looting, so having it hit pirates in a looting party makes the weapon basically useless for its intended purpose.

I don't feel grenades are a weapon that had a skill ceiling in the first place. Barely anything in this game takes skill at all, especially the PvE combat. Any weapon in this game can be immensely powerful in the hands of a mastered pirate, so who cares? This game never really had any skill or balance to begin with. It's just aim and click. I fail to understand why this would be "too op" for you.
The weapon is inappropriate for use as you would like.

This would be extremely difficult to add because of Muertos Moon and regular PVP. Maybe a hotkey to let it pass-through the player instead? Like hold alt while throwing a grenade for it to not be aimed at player?

I disagree, who would toss a nade into a melee with friends and enemies in close proximity, I don't think the game originally intended for players to do such a thing, it's wrong. Nades are to be used in solo situations and in battles where the sides are separated, not melees.
Who uses nades in melees? People who do that have a way of blowing themselves up.

Its not a matter of whether it should be added but more so a matter of it being hard to add
Hard to add or not it should not, you should not expect to throw a nade into a melee and have only enemies hurt and since friendlys can't be hurt by design in this game it makes sense that the nade be ineffective in this situation.

Hard to add or not it should not, you should not expect to throw a nade into a melee and have only enemies hurt and since friendlys can't be hurt by design in this game it makes sense that the nade be ineffective in this situation.
Staff's attacks don't get blocked by a player in the way
Guns don't get blocked by a player in the way
Sword doesn't get blocked by a player in the way
Throwing knives doesn't get blocked by a player in the way
Cannonballs don't get blocked by a player ship/defeated enemy ship in the way
Etc.

Also hi you guys should check out my suggestion thread while you read this reply. This is a subtle bump : (

https://piratesforums.co/threads/stash-ben-flattss-new-business-venture.27761/

Its a good one trust me : (

Staff's attacks don't get blocked by a player in the way
Guns don't get blocked by a player in the way
Sword doesn't get blocked by a player in the way
Throwing knives doesn't get blocked by a player in the way
Cannonballs don't get blocked by a player ship/defeated enemy ship in the way
Etc.

Also hi you guys should check out my suggestion thread while you read this reply. This is a subtle bump : (

https://piratesforums.co/threads/stash-ben-flattss-new-business-venture.27761/

Its a good one trust me : (
Staves, guns, swords, and knives are all reasonable melee weapons. Cannons at sea are not really relevant to this discussion. I object to the use of nades in a melee for two reasons: 1) it's not realistic and is silly. 2) it would aggravate other players who didn't get a chance for a hit and didn't get loot because you bombed the enemy into oblivion. You can use nades with others effectively now if you all agree that it's ok and adjust your positioning to accommodate it. I believe the way it is is the way it should be.

Staves, guns, swords, and knives are all reasonable melee weapons. Cannons at sea are not really relevant to this discussion. I object to the use of nades in a melee for two reasons: 1) it's not realistic and is silly. 2) it would aggravate other players who didn't get a chance for a hit and didn't get loot because you bombed the enemy into oblivion. You can use nades with others effectively now if you all agree that it's ok and adjust your positioning to accommodate it. I believe the way it is is the way it should be.
The same amount of players with staves doing Flame Skull with maxed cast speed on a staff can do the same DPs as grenade group. Plus what do you mean by melee? People just don't want the grenades hitbox to clash with the players's hitboxes anymore, which is a quality of life change. If its something that makes people miserable then I don't think it should exist. Its a unnecessary evil.

The same amount of players with staves doing Flame Skull with maxed cast speed on a staff can do the same DPs as grenade group. Plus what do you mean by melee? People just don't want the grenades hitbox to clash with the players's hitboxes anymore, which is a quality of life change. If its something that makes people miserable then I don't think it should exist. Its a unnecessary evil.
It seems reasonable that voodoo can be controlled by the wielder to only hit enemies, nades are an area of effect weapon. It has not been my experience that flaming skull is as powerful as siege charges. Exactly how is your quality of life diminished by not being able to drop bombs on melees? A melee is a battle with multiple combatants in close proximity with little organization. As I said before, you can effectively use nades in a group if you are well organized, if you aren't then you have no business using nades in that setting.

So then by your logic if a grenade hits a player near a enemy it should hit the enemy as well. I agree.
Poor aim and lack of organization on your part is not a good reason for the developers to put in long hours changing the game mechanics to accommodate your deficiencies.

Just wondering, what kind of grenade did pirates actually use?
early-grenade.jpg

Back