Request Make the Lights Available for Upgrades!!!

Do you think they should be upgrade-able?

• Yes

• Duh

• no

• no way

Results are only viewable after voting.

Angel20

Honorable Pirate
I think the Light classes should be available for upgrades too!!! light frigates, light gallons, light sloops. I see no reason why they aren't available to upgrade too!! they're ships too!

its already unbalanced lol, thats why im asking for tlopo staff to upgrade them, they get one shotted all the time

Light Sloops are barely able to be hit in SvS. Galleons, Frigates and Brigs are underpowered with reason, and shouldn't be buffed to compensate combat against upgraded standard and War class vessels, because that just makes no sense.

(If this was a bait post, gg.)

Light Sloops are barely able to be hit in SvS. Galleons, Frigates and Brigs are underpowered with reason, and shouldn't be buffed to compensate combat against upgraded standard and War class vessels, because that just makes no sense.

(If this was a bait post, gg.)
tbh light sloops get hit all the time by broads, they arent hard to hit, and im not talking about just light sloops its light everything, light frigates, etc. no one uses them in svs because its pointless, outclassed

tbh light sloops get hit all the time by broads, they arent hard to hit, and im not talking about just light sloops its light everything, light frigates, etc. no one uses them in svs because its pointless, outclassed
Don't be too sure about that. Light sloops have a following and they are effective enough in SvS for there to be threads here suggesting that they should be banned from SvS, something I'm also against.

Don't be too sure about that. Light sloops have a following and they are effective enough in SvS for there to be threads here suggesting that they should be banned from SvS, something I'm also against.
I’m not saying they should be banned in svs, I’m saying they should be upgradable too.

The only reason I can think of that potco didn't allow this is because light ships were mostly used by basic access players so since there's no membership I think it only makes sense to give light ships the ability to upgrade.

The only reason I can think of that potco didn't allow this is because light ships were mostly used by basic access players so since there's no membership I think it only makes sense to give light ships the ability to upgrade.
Before ship upgrades came out, Light sloops ruled svs basically, in skill etc, Disney mods Already knew light slooping was a thing. They even made it a Category in their website describing svs, that lights were used by people going solo. So they knew Unlimited users used them, to answer your question.

I think being able to upgrade light class ships would be overall beneficial to the community. It would make sailing more diverse and would make SvS more competitive and fun. I see no reason as to why they shouldn't be available. While people above in this thread stated that SvSing against certain types of ships--notably skull and bones light sloop--would be unenjoyable for people, I see it as far less malicious compared to the unrealistically powerful copperhead 6 war frigates and brigs. If you say that copperheads aren't over tuned, you clearly are ignorant to the current conditions of SvS.

I think the Light classes should be available for upgrades too!!! light frigates, light gallons, light sloops. I see no reason why they aren't available to upgrade too!! they're ships too!

yeah, and Light Sloop and Light Frigate rank 6 Storm chaser in svs would A BEAST with is insane so definitely NO!

Before ship upgrades came out, Light sloops ruled svs basically, in skill etc, Disney mods Already knew light slooping was a thing. They even made it a Category in their website describing svs, that lights were used by people going solo. So they knew Unlimited users used them, to answer your question.
I meant that they didn't let people upgrade light ships because ship customizations were for unlimited access players only and basic access players could only use light ships, that's why we couldn't upgrade light ships.

Light ships are ridiculously hard to sink in SVS as it is we don't need storm chaser light sloops! The only upgrade for light ships that would even make sense would be letting people upgrade the sail colors.. Any other kind id have to say NO too..

I think it really depends, if upgrades were to be introduced, I think they'd need to be different in comparison to other ships since, especially light sloops, are much smaller, and thus hard to hit. Nobody would want super maneuverable Light Sloops going 19 knots with a good Sea Chart and max upgrades. I'd probably introduce something that increases stats a little bit, maybe give bonuses to damage reduction for being hit, but nothing too crazy that would allow a Sloop to unrealistically tank hits while going the speed of a race car.

Also, just a note, I don't know how it is for a lot of you, but broadsiding enemies to death can be really difficult; especially for new players when they need to spend up to 10 minutes passing the same ship over and over just to sink it because broadside's tracking AI isn't very good. This is also the only way to level up sailing when alone, and having other players help means you don't get as much notoriety from the sinking ship.

Back