Screenshots Make your own Weapon Card!

Dead Men's Tale -- Legendary Cutlass
Attack: 90 (higher than fellow Legendary Cutlass El Patron's Lost Sword and lower than Legendary Cursed Cutlasses like Yore and Abyss)
Call From The Grave: Summon a friendly spirit to fight alongside you against your enemies! Similar in theory to the Raven's Cove Quest where you summon a Traitor Ghost to fight the other spirits at an idol. Here the summoned Spirit would be 1/2 the notoriety, rounded up, or the wielder of the blade -- Level 49 and 50 would summon a level 25 spirit, Level 30 would summon a level 15. These Spirits will fight and be fought by enemy units, and the strategy being that against strong opponents these Spirits are fairly worthless offensively, but may draw attacks from the primary opponent while you regroup // or hold them still in an area while you switch to doll to attune or whatnot (ie. use the blade's second ability), against lower enemies these Spirits could help you clear an area faster offensively or against an enemy like General Hex fend off the guarding Undead Brigands while you attack the Boss.
Call To Life: Revive all friendly pirates nearby without using a potion! This ability would be narrow in most circumstances, but against island invasions (frequently Kegs knock many out in an area as well as Jolly Roger using Wither) and bosses like Foulberto Smasho oftentimes multiple friendly pirates need reviving, this does not auto revive -- you still have to wait, but instead revives all knocked out pirates in an area while not costing the wielder of the cutlass any potions to revive them. Dead Men Tell No Tales.
Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 12.38.11 PM.png

Dead Men's Tale -- Legendary Cutlass
Attack: 90 (higher than fellow Legendary Cutlass El Patron's Lost Sword and lower than Legendary Cursed Cutlasses like Yore and Abyss)
Call From The Grave: Summon a friendly spirit to fight alongside you against your enemies! Similar in theory to the Raven's Cove Quest where you summon a Traitor Ghost to fight the other spirits at an idol. Here the summoned Spirit would be 1/2 the notoriety, rounded up, or the wielder of the blade -- Level 49 and 50 would summon a level 25 spirit, Level 30 would summon a level 15. These Spirits will fight and be fought by enemy units, and the strategy being that against strong opponents these Spirits are fairly worthless offensively, but may draw attacks from the primary opponent while you regroup // or hold them still in an area while you switch to doll to attune or whatnot (ie. use the blade's second ability), against lower enemies these Spirits could help you clear an area faster offensively or against an enemy like General Hex fend off the guarding Undead Brigands while you attack the Boss.
Call To Life: Revive all friendly pirates nearby without using a potion! This ability would be narrow in most circumstances, but against island invasions (frequently Kegs knock many out in an area as well as Jolly Roger using Wither) and bosses like Foulberto Smasho oftentimes multiple friendly pirates need reviving, this does not auto revive -- you still have to wait, but instead revives all knocked out pirates in an area while not costing the wielder of the cutlass any potions to revive them. Dead Men Tell No Tales.
View attachment 109635
While I like the idea of the second ability, let's take a look at a few things.
Firstly, all weapons in the game have one primary activation ability (Either of the two that you've chosen to do for this weapon), and then 1-3 secondary perk increases to better suit the weapon.​

In the style of TLOPO, I definitely think the second ability would be far more viable, although it makes little sense with the weapon name and topic.

Secondarily, this sword would be extraordinarily weak without any modifier perk increases to better suit it's playstyle, and I do personally feel 90 Damage for a sword of this sort is a bit too low, and could definitely be bumped to 93-95 without causing a ruckus, it just matters what you think the second perks should be.​

The modifier for damage is the spirit dealing additional damage alongside you. I get the two activation abilities being a problem though, but I assume making an extra button wouldn't be that hard and there are number keys that could work with it like 8 being the first activation and 9 being the other. Back to modifying damage, perhaps a 1/2 your level fighting alongside you isn't strong enough to make up for the difference of 90 to 95 base attack? I would imagine Call From The Grave being a "break attack" that charges as you are hit, while the Call To Life just charging on it's own.

The modifier for damage is the spirit dealing additional damage alongside you. I get the two activation abilities being a problem though, but I assume making an extra button wouldn't be that hard and there are number keys that could work with it like 8 being the first activation and 9 being the other. Back to modifying damage, perhaps a 1/2 your level fighting alongside you isn't strong enough to make up for the difference of 90 to 95 base attack?
It definitely would be feasible with the ghost to help your pirate out, but I still think that lacking any modifier perks to, Thrust, or Cleave, per say would really dampen the weapon's ability to do it's job against higher level opponents, especially if the ghost that fights alongside you does half your damage, if not less due to level. It's a numbers game which makes it irritating to play with, but I understand your concept now.

So I developed a revised version of the Staff that went along with my thread here a long time ago, and I think the characteristics behind this staff make it much more balanced and competitive compared to my previous concept, posted here as well.
The Before
053c1dfa4e4f030e73a285c723d8ab2a.png

The After

65b5aa6a3470cc2c2c9459bcf2c50b96.png

Description / Short Story : If you click on the link above, this Staff is designed in regards as a Legendary Drop from Devilroot, Outcast Isle's infamous Baddie stump boss with a high tolerance and ability to dish and soak up damage.​

Last edited:
@Captain Midori I really like your design for his blade! Would you mind if I used your photo of the blade for my own rendition?

Also, for the sake of knowing how to structure it, in my head I imagine it a sabre. How about you?

@Captain Midori I really like your design for his blade! Would you mind if I used your photo of the blade for my own rendition?

Also, for the sake of knowing how to structure it, in my head I imagine it a sabre. How about you?
Thank you! It's basically just the sword Jolly Roger keeps on his belt. You can use it! Yes I imagine it's a sabre based on the design of the sword.

Back