Mandela effect of a different build of the original game?

Monkey D. Lenny

Buccaneer
I've seen no one talk of this: Basically, WAY back when the original was around, I was among the first wave of players to enter the game and looking back now I could swear there were a few differences: Not like certain weapons being nerfed or buffed, but differences in how it was structured

For example, I remember after escaping jail you'd go right to Bo Beck and the Jolly Roger cutscene. Then, you'd have to find Will in a warehouse in Port Royal to get your sword, I think Elizabeth pointed you in his direction. Basically, the sword tutorial wasn't originally part of the escape

I also remember a cutscene wherein after getting gun training from Barbossa and he gives the whole 'No shooting other people' spiel, he says something along the lines of "Of course, if you REALLY want to go shooting at each other..." and then he throws the player one of the cursed coins and your pirate briefly turns into a zombie in horror before he throws the coin back to Barbossa

At some point I stopped playing the original, but went back in around the time Stranger Tides came along and made a new guy, and everything was as it is now: No zombie scene, and Will is at the start

Am I remembering it wrong? I could SWEAR this was in the original game...

In all honesty your memory of early potco is spot on. They made changes to a lot of the game around 2009-2010 I believe to the opening scene of running around not just going straight to Bo Beck. Also he explained PVP originally(here in the remake also), then TLOPO updated to the 2013 version of the game, which is why all of these things seem so different. Took me down original potco train of thoughts lol, I appreciate that.

Aye, I do remember this. Im not sure if the following will've been real or not, but I remember the player receiving their inventory from a tavern owner during some quest.

It may be a false memory, but I'm fairly certain that originally, when your ship was being attacked, it billowed smoke in addition to catching fire. Then, if it sunk, the animation included your pirate swimming away to safety.

I can't remember for sure. Some of this stuff I remember, other parts I have previously had no clue that they existed. I started playing in early 2009 somewhere before the updates or right when they were happening. I remember being very confused about the layouts of the islands and getting easily lost for that reason.

you forgot the man and the woman in the bar who gave you the chest and the woman slapped you and told you to deliver the message to jack sparrow I miss the old version so much and I remember how Barbossa used to shoot us I wonder if it was changed because of things that were going on in current events at the time

either way I prefer the old system also the character creation was different I see they implemented the old bodies but the faces used to be much different as well I miss the old ways

I made my first pirate in 2007 and BARELY remember anything. All I remember is the old port royal, how you had to walk up that huge hill to get to fort charles, and I remember how there was no membership so I could wear whatever I wanted.

I made my first pirate in 2007 and BARELY remember anything. All I remember is the old port royal, how you had to walk up that huge hill to get to fort charles, and I remember how there was no membership so I could wear whatever I wanted.

No membership? :eek: I started in august 2008, and remember you go to lvl 15 without membership, then you were limited on what you could do till you got membership. I wish more games did that.. this way you know if you actually want to p2p. I remember when they change the towns etc too, I was sooo loss lol xD. Thats bout all i remember though, I was 8 when my older brother and I first played potco. c:

I miss the Old Islands it was a hike going to Fort Charles but the scenery was so much nicer also remember how cute the graveyard was in the back? and all the cute little shops were near the water edge I loved the old layout old Tortuga and Padres were great a swell

No membership? :eek: I started in august 2008, and remember you go to lvl 15 without membership, then you were limited on what you could do till you got membership. I wish more games did that.. this way you know if you actually want to p2p. I remember when they change the towns etc too, I was sooo loss lol xD. Thats bout all i remember though, I was 8 when my older brother and I first played potco. c:
Idk. My memory is hazy. When I played again around 2011, 2012, I was unable to wear any cool clothes without membership, but I was able to wear such clothes when I first started in 2007.

Back