Map guides in Images

Would you like to see a full collection of these?

• Yes

Votes: 52 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Luna Storm

Forum Mod
Hi!

I love tinkering with GIMP in my spare time, and am still learning how to use this program but am having lots of fun on the way :)
I started a few new alts recently, and have forgotten how to get to many areas in Tortuga and Port Royal, as well as where to find certain NPC's that are in caves or jungles. I also forget where certain enemies can be found.

So I thought I would make a collection of images (1 image per area), containing all the info I may need so I don't have to look at multiple pages on the wiki all the time. Here is what I have made so far..

So here I can see at a glance where I need to go to get to Rats Nest for example...

TortugaAreas.jpg

I would make one of these for each main island.

Now this is what the area info/map images look like...

Thievesden.jpg

So here is Thieves Den. The idea was that I was going to save the whole collection into a folder on my desktop so I can access them quickly and zoom into the image if needed.
Each area image will show you where to find, the permanent boss, Searchable items (barrels,crates etc), Dig spots, NPC's that are needed for certain quests and any other area of interest like Cannon Defence or Poker. Also where the exits are and where they lead.

At the side of the map is more info on the boss. Name and what level they are generally.

At the bottom is a list of enemies that can be found in that area and other info if required.

And here is Wildwoods..

Wilwoodsbig.jpg

So there is the beginnings of my little image collection.
Its a shame that the player icon is on the map and the "aura" that surrounds the player is on there too, as well as enemies showing up nearby.

The information used for this was obtained from the TLOPO wiki (The wiki staff do great work, Thank You <3) and I myself ran around getting screenshots of the area maps and looking around.

What do you think? Would anyone here be interested in more of these? Have I missed anything out?
Considering I did want to keep it simple and keep it tidy.

I just noticed a typo on Wildwoods in my last image lol. If you notice any mistakes let me know :D

I know my sizing is all over the place but I'm still only beginning on this so it will sort out as I go so they are all pretty much the same size.

Ty for looking at my Image Guide! :)

L.S

Hi!

I love tinkering with GIMP in my spare time, and am still learning how to use this program but am having lots of fun on the way :)
I started a few new alts recently, and have forgotten how to get to many areas in Tortuga and Port Royal, as well as where to find certain NPC's that are in caves or jungles. I also forget where certain enemies can be found.

So I thought I would make a collection of images (1 image per area), containing all the info I may need so I don't have to look at multiple pages on the wiki all the time. Here is what I have made so far..

So here I can see at a glance where I need to go to get to Rats Nest for example...

View attachment 101345

View attachment 101346

So here is Thieves Den. The idea was that I was going to save the whole collection into a folder on my desktop so I can access them quickly and zoom into the image if needed.
Each area image will show you where to find, the permanent boss, Searchable items (barrels,crates etc), Dig spots, NPC's that are needed for certain quests and any other area of interest like Cannon Defence or Poker. Also where the exits are and where they lead.

At the side of the map is more info on the boss. Name and what level they are generally.

At the bottom is a list of enemies that can be found in that area and other info if required.

And here is Wildwoods..

View attachment 101347

Its a shame that the player icon is on the map and the "aura" that surrounds the player is on there too, as well as enemies showing up nearby.

The information used for this was obtained from the TLOPO wiki (The wiki staff do great work, Thank You <3) and I myself ran around getting screenshots of the area maps and looking around.

What do you think? Would anyone here be interested in more of these? Have I missed anything out?

I just noticed a typo on Wildwoods in my last image lol. If you notice any mistakes let me know :D

I know my sizing is all over the place but I'm still only beginning on this so it will sort out as I go so they are all pretty much the same size.

L.S
Ohh someone is getting creative! - Happy to see you're making stuff to help the community!

First, you take a picture while you are on one side of the map and then run to the other side of the map and take another picture.
Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 8.19.23 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-05 at 8.20.29 PM.png

Then you can 'add' the two images together to get this:
Wildwoods.png

I like your maps! Good job. :)

Last edited:
Hi!

View attachment 101345

View attachment 101346

And here is Wildwoods..

View attachment 101347

L.S
Luna, that's a great idea if you were to put everything in one file for us to download at some point. You can find most the same everything on the wiki, but unlike your idea, the wiki is all over the place and a pain to search most of the time. I'd would keep track of your progress too, as I had saved and downloaded some maps from the wiki early on but there wasn't anything as concise as yours are becoming. Nice job so far.

And in GIMP, I believe it has a stamp type tool where you save a selected piece of the image and stamp that brush over on the image.
In your image, you would select a small scrap of the grass of the map, make it a brush and stamp, or cover over the red dots and pointer with your brush. All photo - art apps I have all include some sort of brush creation or stamp tool.

Keep up the good idea. If you do this, post it to the wiki and I bet people will download your guide before wondering all over the wiki for the same info. Your visual reference is so much easier than the linear versions.

They're looking great so far! Gonna be so much easier to locate those pesky NPC's that like to hide on the last island you look on. I thought I had a way round that little dilemma once or twice.... I looked on the last island I thought they would be on first - they still turned up on the last one I checked *handslapforehead*....
I degress... keep up the great work,
~ Rascal

Hi!

View attachment 101345

View attachment 101346

And here is Wildwoods..

View attachment 101347

L.S

Hello, Luna AWESOME Idea for Updating the current maps in the game!
and I love your creativity! :) :happy:

The vintage map looks are super nice and look like they would even fit into the game. Maybe they could actually be incorporated into the game somehow. Maps that could be bought at a shop or looted would be cool . A map library in your chest would be quite handy and a nice addition to the game. Just dreaming but it's a good dream.

The vintage map looks are super nice and look like they would even fit into the game. Maybe they could actually be incorporated into the game somehow. Maps that could be bought at a shop or looted would be cool . A map library in your chest would be quite handy and a nice addition to the game. Just dreaming but it's a good dream.
That would be cool. About maps, not too off topic. Do you know of any way to make the in game compass map that pops up when clicking on the little compass map icon more transparent on the screen? It's solid and fills the screen.

Thank you for the positive feedback! Wow.
I'm now really motivated to do this series knowing it will be useful to others :)

I'm thinking of doing one of the sea map next as a priority as I see more posts asking where particular ships can be found more than anything else.

I'm hoping to find time for that soon. I have a lot going on and am kept busy from 7am till 2-3am LOL. But I WILL try to to at least get started on that tonight :) <3

Thank you for the positive feedback! Wow.
I'm now really motivated to do this series knowing it will be useful to others :)

I'm thinking of doing one of the sea map next as a priority as I see more posts asking where particular ships can be found more than anything else.

I'm hoping to find time for that soon. I have a lot going on and am kept busy from 7am till 2-3am LOL. But I WILL try to to at least get started on that tonight :) <3
Specific ship types can be a bit tricky, when you are questing they often seem to disappear from their usual locations. Don't forget to somehow identify the best places to look for legendary fish.

Specific ship types can be a bit tricky, when you are questing they often seem to disappear from their usual locations. Don't forget to somehow identify the best places to look for legendary fish.
Yes you are right there. Many times when I need to get a certain ship for quests, I can't find them anywhere.
I'm thinking of stating that all info is from the wiki and may vary. If ships required for a quest can't be found, you can try porting and re launching or changing servers to see if it refreshes the ship spawns.
I have 2 types of images for the sea and ship areas that I will be posting in this thread soon for feedback but the info on this subject in the wiki is very scattered so it's taking a lot of research and cross refencing making it take some time.
Never occurred to me to do legendary fish. Thank you for the suggestion! I could definitely make a map image for fishing to add to the series :)

Back