Map guides in Images

Would you like to see a full collection of these?

• Yes

Votes: 52 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Since early POTCO days ships required for quests are elusive , Disney stated to me once that it makes it more challenging .
When I needed the massive EITC ships IE: 15 Corvettes , I'd go to a certain server that produced more then others .

I have just been given a old laptop which has made it easier for me to work on my images on the move so I have now finally completed a few images that (I hope) would help people who are looking for specific ships.

This was very hard an took a lot of work and I still thing it look crowded and messy but there is simply so much information to put in to one image it's hard to make it pretty and tidy. I guess as long as its understandable and helpful it serves it's purpose, right?

The first image is fitting with the other guides (all info in one image) and the second is part 2 of a 2 image guide (the first image being simply the map).
I also changed it to .png to see if it was better quality as you need to be able to zoom in and read the text.

Let me know what you think and of course if you spot any errors or anything I have missed out. TY!! <3
Highseas.png

ships.png

I have just been given a old laptop which has made it easier for me to work on my images on the move so I have now finally completed a few images that (I hope) would help people who are looking for specific ships.

This was very hard an took a lot of work and I still thing it look crowded and messy but there is simply so much information to put in to one image it's hard to make it pretty and tidy. I guess as long as its understandable and helpful it serves it's purpose, right?

The first image is fitting with the other guides (all info in one image) and the second is part 2 of a 2 image guide (the first image being simply the map).
I also changed it to .png to see if it was better quality as you need to be able to zoom in and read the text.

Let me know what you think and of course if you spot any errors or anything I have missed out. TY!! <3
Highseas.png

ships.png
Very nice work. Appreciate your hard work. However, I think you saved this in low res, or looks like 600x800 pixels. the forums scale very badly in the first place and the graphic pixelates badly.
So I saved the file and tried PS and gimp, both show a lower res file I believe. Perhaps, when working on the artwork you work at the highest rez you can , then when saving set an export res higher than you did this one. I believe a png will save at different res's too.
Set your work image res at 300x300 ppi or higher and when you export the file as png, png will process it with more info but not bulk. You should end up with a file size less than a meg. Which isn't bad any more. Unlike a vector file, rgb and reg files do not scale well in the first place.
What program are you using for your art work? If you said, I don't recall so forgive me.
D'oh. I just looked back and you said Gimp. When you export the file, select only *keep resolution* and uncheck everything else and save as PNG as you have. And we'll see if this helps.

EDIT - I have to correct myself again. I see that your second image IS improved and is a higher res. I guess I was looking at the first one which was simpler.
I'm not computer illiterate nor an idiot, but I'll stop now before looking like one.
Good stuff Luna. I will make hard copies of all of them. I don't like popping in and out of the game to check things as it ruins the experience.

GL

Last edited:

Highseas.png

ships.png
Nice Job Luna !! Just a note ... all ships have 3 levels except Omens which can range 41 - 45 but they have yet to release the 44's and 45's like Potco had added later on

Very nice work. Appreciate your hard work. However, I think you saved this in low res, or looks like 600x800 pixels. the forums scale very badly in the first place and the graphic pixelates badly.
So I saved the file and tried PS and gimp, both show a lower res file I believe. Perhaps, when working on the artwork you work at the highest rez you can , then when saving set an export res higher than you did this one. I believe a png will save at different res's too.
Set your work image res at 300x300 ppi or higher and when you export the file as png, png will process it with more info but not bulk. You should end up with a file size less than a meg. Which isn't bad any more. Unlike a vector file, rgb and reg files do not scale well in the first place.
What program are you using for your art work? If you said, I don't recall so forgive me.
D'oh. I just looked back and you said Gimp. When you export the file, select only *keep resolution* and uncheck everything else and save as PNG as you have. And we'll see if this helps.

EDIT - I have to correct myself again. I see that your second image IS improved and is a higher res. I guess I was looking at the first one which was simpler.
I'm not computer illiterate nor an idiot, but I'll stop now before looking like one.
Good stuff Luna. I will make hard copies of all of them. I don't like popping in and out of the game to check things as it ruins the experience.

GL

Not at all :) I appreciate your feedback, I also was bothered by the lack in quality and it seems no matter what I do I can't make it any better. I guess it's just because there is so much crammed into one image it makes it lose quality.

Nice Job Luna !! Just a note ... all ships have 3 levels except Omens which can range 41 - 45 but they have yet to release the 44's and 45's like Potco had added later on

Ty ThunderStorms! Yes I had trouble with the levels. I used the wiki for the info and found some ships were properly listed with the 3 levels and many others only have one level.
I could have guessed the levels but I decided not to and just give them all 1 average level.
This will need to be corrected when I can find time to sail around and write down the proper levels of all the ships :)

Not at all :) I appreciate your feedback, I also was bothered by the lack in quality and it seems no matter what I do I can't make it any better. I guess it's just because there is so much crammed into one image it makes it lose quality.
Yes, I think it's a start resolution and a save as resolution thing. Basically maybe figure what is the maximum size allowed on tlopo forum for art, then work in a higher resolution and then save it closer to the allowed res. But, many better art programs have an 'Export' selection that allows you to export - 'save' in a chosen format. PNG is a format that keeps higher res with good compression. Also, look on the export window for a setting that says 'keep resolution', and more or less uncheck everything else. This saves the file with more information than a normal save and better res. Export usually tells the program to keep more information on the file in compression and data management than a normal save command.
This is going to be very handy for new pirates. And me.
Now you're going to make me go out and buy new ink for my printer so I can make hard copies as well.

If I was any better doing the lists like I use to I'd type up a list of what critter or foe is where to find . I have them all hand written from old POTCO days , kind of messy with all the changes Mickey did like removing Dread Scorps from Outcast , movinfg Bosses like Dread Tooth from Tortuga to El Suds ! Maybe I can do up a list If my mind and fingers work together for once ! lol P.S . Luna , I'll try to do a list of ship levels as well , have all those done also.

Just an update.
My laptop that I use to do these maps has refused to boot up lately and I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with it so that's why I haven't made any more for a while. Hopefully I can bring it back to life (for a second time lol) and get back to work.

Just an update.
My laptop that I use to do these maps has refused to boot up lately and I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong with it so that's why I haven't made any more for a while. Hopefully I can bring it back to life (for a second time lol) and get back to work.
Can you tell, if you plug in the a/c cord, that is if you have one, if the power lights go on? If they look normal, unplug the power, pull off your battery then plug the power back in and see if that works. Sometimes in rare occurrence, a bad battery will stop the comp from booting as a safety feature. Also, if you are using a/c and it stops, the power supply may be bad. Apower supply normally gives you no warning.

Going to give this a bump for any onlookers to see! This thread presents some wonderful quality of life ideas that could be added to assist players in being able to remember where they're required to go, as well as to provide an extra bit of information for players who just can't remember certain areas.

Great suggestion, Luna!
👍

I need one with the dig spots on Rumrunner's Island ... wearing out the boot leather running around looking for them LOL

Back