[March 2013] Bort Greasegorb- Shipwrecked at Cuba

Bort Greasegorb

Pirate Lord
A long time ago, I got into quite a quarrel with the entire guild of McRaging over a crude prank I pulled during Muertos. I thought it would be fun to take a look at a time capsule to the original Pirates Online, back when Bort was not molded into the man he is today. Also note that this was one of my first times meeting @Tyler McDyess who would become a close friend after this. The following is the completely unaltered story:

So, I was busy training grenades and looting at the Gold Room in Vachira. I meant to go to Monada, but it automatically transferred me to Vachira instead. So, I was training bombs while a Muertos Moon was about to happen. Then, two people showed up at the gold room. I told them to leave, but they rudely told me they wouldn’t. Then, the next thing I know, about twenty people are at the Gold Room! Then, a pop-up came up on my screen.

“The Moon will become full in less than 1 minute!”

I realized that the first target of the skeletons would be me, so I fled to Monada. I was heading for my sloop, when I became a skeleton. Not like anyone goes to Monada Cuba, anyway. I tried to go to my boat, but I couldn’t board ships when I was undead. Great, now the only way I could loot was on the alligators! So, I went to the Pantano River because I was bored. I saw a treasure chest on top of Tia Dalma’s nametag, which meant she was part of a quest. But, when I tried to talk to her, red text on the screen read, “We will not server Jolly Roger!”. I was bored and wanted to fight someone, so I told my guild to teleport to Monada Cuba. About two minutes later, a guild member finally showed up. It was James Wyrant. I pulled out my Seven Seas Cutlass, which was supposedly a good PVP weapon. He pulled out what looked like The Emerald Curse, but soon pulled it back. Good, I wouldn’t have to deal with a very strong weapon.

Instead, he pulled out a Thunderspine Sword.

Even if I lost, it meant being able to flee the island without a long wait. So, we both started jumping and trying to hit each other with our swords. Eventually, I took the lead and got James into the red, but he ran out, hoping to regain health. He and I both restored all of our health by the time we starting hitting each other again. I took the lead once again, but he heavily damaged me with a Shock Sweep. In the end, I landed the finishing blade storm and won. The good news was, I won. The bad news was, I was still shipwrecked on Cuba. James and I complimented each other and I continued sitting there on the island. Then, a level 8 in McRaging showed up. Feeling Mischievous, I pulled out a siege charge. I followed her into the Pantano River, where she was apparently supposed to meet Tia Dalma, probably for the Tortuga teleportation task. Before the level 8 could reach Tia, I hurled a siege charge. It was an instant knockout. I immediately regretted this action. Thankfully, a level 40 McRaging member named Sinker teleported to her and revived her. Realizing that he would come after me, I drank a Swift Foot III. I ran outside, but he followed wielding what was either a Holy or Sacred Pistol. Since he apparently wasn’t using jumper rules, I pulled out y Bloodfire Broadsword and quickly defeated him, having to use a tonic. I told the level 8 to revive him and said I wouldn’t bother them anymore.

But it was too late.

Apparently, McRaging had a bounty on me because two level 50 pirates now teleported! Their names were Ned Pugfish and Tyler McDyess. I remembered Tyler from a trip to South Idol. This would surely be the end of my time as a skeleton. One pulled out a siege charge, and the other charged up what looked like a Fullmoon Special Blunderbuss. However, I looked at my hand.

Flesh.

Looks like I wouldn’t be imprisoned after all! I met an old friend afterwards and then sailed to Tormenta. On my way, I pulled out my Seven Seas Cutlass to roll to the gold room. However, a Seabeard pulled his sword out. I fought him off and got ready to go on the way. But wait!

He dropped a loot skull chest.

Yeah, I haven’t gotten a famed in three days, not like this will contain anything good! But I was wrong.

Inside was a Skullbone Repeater.

Sure I already had it and it wasn’t worth three solid days of looting, but I found these amazing turns of events incredible! Afterwards, another guild friend named Rogue came to Tormenta and took the gold room. It turned out this server actually was good, as she got a Spinecrest Sword followed by a Sharkfang Blade. (Wish I got either of those…)

Here's some screenshots for proof:
screenshot_2013-03-21_19-05-26.jpg screenshot_2013-03-21_19-13-34.jpg

A long time ago, I got into quite a quarrel with the entire guild of McRaging over a crude prank I pulled during Muertos. I thought it would be fun to take a look at a time capsule to the original Pirates Online, back when Bort was not molded into the man he is today. Also note that this was one of my first times meeting @Tyler McDyess who would become a close friend after this. The following is the completely unaltered story:

So, I was busy training grenades and looting at the Gold Room in Vachira. I meant to go to Monada, but it automatically transferred me to Vachira instead. So, I was training bombs while a Muertos Moon was about to happen. Then, two people showed up at the gold room. I told them to leave, but they rudely told me they wouldn’t. Then, the next thing I know, about twenty people are at the Gold Room! Then, a pop-up came up on my screen.

“The Moon will become full in less than 1 minute!”

I realized that the first target of the skeletons would be me, so I fled to Monada. I was heading for my sloop, when I became a skeleton. Not like anyone goes to Monada Cuba, anyway. I tried to go to my boat, but I couldn’t board ships when I was undead. Great, now the only way I could loot was on the alligators! So, I went to the Pantano River because I was bored. I saw a treasure chest on top of Tia Dalma’s nametag, which meant she was part of a quest. But, when I tried to talk to her, red text on the screen read, “We will not server Jolly Roger!”. I was bored and wanted to fight someone, so I told my guild to teleport to Monada Cuba. About two minutes later, a guild member finally showed up. It was James Wyrant. I pulled out my Seven Seas Cutlass, which was supposedly a good PVP weapon. He pulled out what looked like The Emerald Curse, but soon pulled it back. Good, I wouldn’t have to deal with a very strong weapon.

Instead, he pulled out a Thunderspine Sword.

Even if I lost, it meant being able to flee the island without a long wait. So, we both started jumping and trying to hit each other with our swords. Eventually, I took the lead and got James into the red, but he ran out, hoping to regain health. He and I both restored all of our health by the time we starting hitting each other again. I took the lead once again, but he heavily damaged me with a Shock Sweep. In the end, I landed the finishing blade storm and won. The good news was, I won. The bad news was, I was still shipwrecked on Cuba. James and I complimented each other and I continued sitting there on the island. Then, a level 8 in McRaging showed up. Feeling Mischievous, I pulled out a siege charge. I followed her into the Pantano River, where she was apparently supposed to meet Tia Dalma, probably for the Tortuga teleportation task. Before the level 8 could reach Tia, I hurled a siege charge. It was an instant knockout. I immediately regretted this action. Thankfully, a level 40 McRaging member named Sinker teleported to her and revived her. Realizing that he would come after me, I drank a Swift Foot III. I ran outside, but he followed wielding what was either a Holy or Sacred Pistol. Since he apparently wasn’t using jumper rules, I pulled out y Bloodfire Broadsword and quickly defeated him, having to use a tonic. I told the level 8 to revive him and said I wouldn’t bother them anymore.

But it was too late.

Apparently, McRaging had a bounty on me because two level 50 pirates now teleported! Their names were Ned Pugfish and Tyler McDyess. I remembered Tyler from a trip to South Idol. This would surely be the end of my time as a skeleton. One pulled out a siege charge, and the other charged up what looked like a Fullmoon Special Blunderbuss. However, I looked at my hand.

Flesh.

Looks like I wouldn’t be imprisoned after all! I met an old friend afterwards and then sailed to Tormenta. On my way, I pulled out my Seven Seas Cutlass to roll to the gold room. However, a Seabeard pulled his sword out. I fought him off and got ready to go on the way. But wait!

He dropped a loot skull chest.

Yeah, I haven’t gotten a famed in three days, not like this will contain anything good! But I was wrong.

Inside was a Skullbone Repeater.

Sure I already had it and it wasn’t worth three solid days of looting, but I found these amazing turns of events incredible! Afterwards, another guild friend named Rogue came to Tormenta and took the gold room. It turned out this server actually was good, as she got a Spinecrest Sword followed by a Sharkfang Blade. (Wish I got either of those…)

Here's some screenshots for proof:
View attachment 79937 View attachment 79938
This is gold dude. I miss my old fat pirate but clearly u didn't mess with him

Back