Marooned! How Would You Survive?

S

Shamus The Brute

"When you marooned me on that God forsaken spit of land, you forgot one very important thing, mate; I’m Captain Jack Sparrow :daggermouth: ."

Have you ever gave much thought as to what you would do if you were marooned on a tropical island? For instance, what plan of action...if any...would you partake to make your way back to civilization?

Questions to ask might be - "What would you eat?" "Where would you look for water?" "How would you signal for help?" Such questions would need to be answered quickly to ensure your very survival.

So, I ask you mates..."HOW WOULD YOU SURVIVE?"

* Myself? Honestly, I think I would be OK if I had a laptop to where I could connect to youtube to watch & listen to a few of my favorite music videos :) I admit I would become bored though after a couple of days, throw the laptop into the ocean, use it as a a surf board, & lasso a pair of sea turtles with rope made from the hair :rolleyes: off the surface of my back, ROFL.

IF that sounds really bad as a scenario, check out what this dude had to deal with, lol:

grab all the food put it in 1 pile in case my plan doesnt work is the first thing id do. Then id burn everything on that island to the ground hoping someone wud see it and come help. If they didnt see it while it burns I have a pile of food and no pointless trees blocking passing ships and planes from seeing me.

grab all the food put it in 1 pile in case my plan doesnt work is the first thing id do. Then id burn everything on that island to the ground hoping someone wud see it and come help. If they didnt see it while it burns I have a pile of food and no pointless trees blocking passing ships and planes from seeing me.

"Great" idea! Nothing brings ppl together like a good, old-fashion barbeque, lol. I hope, if I am marooned, you be there too, Will. Thanks for sharing...:)

Depends... if I were alone I would try to build a raft to leave on... If I was with someone else I might stay depending on the type of companionship...lol. My survival skills are pretty sharp so depending on the environment I would probably favor pretty good once I got it in my head that I wasn't going to be rescued.

No the first thing you do is befriend the natives! They are usual friendly and they might even make you their god! Wouldnt that be fun?

Yeah, just as long as Y-O-U wouldn't be on they're dinner, menu. A "seasoned" armpit :yum:is far more interesting than a useless piece of parsley, as Sparrow had demonstrated. "Oye!" Smells much better now, ha ha!

well seeing as how i study the art of survival i would just do that stuff. as long as i have my knife i could survive

I feel that the most important thing is to remain "resourceful." *Watch how Bear Grylls survives ('Man vs. Wild' on Discovery Channel).

I have been watching a few of his episodes today & currently, he is surviving in the Southern jungles of CHINA - capturing bats, eating frogs, & making a hammock out of "bamboo," lol.

*Of course, you must have a STRONG stomach to watch many of his shows, ( watch the 'video' below. Viewer discretion is advised, mates) lol.

To be honest Bear Grylls is a kind of... fiction, I'll just search through the island then think about options.... :daggermouth:

To be honest Bear Grylls is a kind of... fiction, I'll just search through the island then think about options.... :daggermouth:
Aye, good plan. I feel however it would be necessary to really think ahead about where you would like to go since you wouldn't want to expend ALL of your energy just walking around.

Bear Grylls, (along with other survival experts on televison), explain that your first strategy should be to climb up to the island's "tallest" area to survey & scope out the terrain to decide what options you do & do not have, while marooned there. IDK for sure but...maybe this is something good to consider :confused: (instead of just walking around, 'wasting' precious calories & energy).

Well first our we in our time or potco and well if it was potco I would be a criminal so burning the island might not work but i think with one pistol I would take my chances with the navy

It doesn't matter, Captain Hi. Just (in general) what you would do to survive on an island if marooned. However, it would be "interesting" to know how everyone would survive without today's technology &/or devices that (I feel) dooms a little bit of imagination away from each of us.

Back