mat run cargo question

Dave Head

Sea Legs
So I've been on mat runs and I notice the cargo slot says it's full but the person doesn't port. They always sink a lot more ships and then eventually say full and will port. My question is how do I know if it's full and all that. If someone could explain, that'd be great.

Ahoy Dave,

Basically the mats replace other loot in the cargo. So if the cargo is full but still has lots of loot for eg. Loot chests, pouches etc, the run will continue until the cargo is full with mats only.

Hope this answers your question 🙂

Ahoy Dave,

Basically the mats replace all other loot in the cargo. So if the cargo is full but still has lots of loot for eg. Loot chests, pouches etc, the run will continue until the cargo is full with mats only.

Hope this answers your question 🙂
Can you explain it to me like I'm 5? Having a hard time understanding. Idk maybe is there like a guide to it somewhere or something?

Can you explain it to me like I'm 5? Having a hard time understanding. Idk maybe is there like a guide to it somewhere or something?
I found this guide. In it, it explains how the cargo loot works🙂

Click on the Cargo Icon at the top right , It will show what cargo the ship has . then you can see If it's full on Mats !

OK, this issue comes up a lot in the game.
I'm thinking we need a sticky post board thingy that explains the basics like cargo priorities, loot swapping, dropping, etc., among other basics we need to know in-game, and so on.
We can get Misha to explain it all, since he does well at this sort of thing.
(Loves ya Misha!)

Cargo Hold
During a prolonged voyage, a pirate may not remember all they have plundered. At any time, even when not aboard your own ship - you can check the manifest. Simply click on the Cargo Crate icon in the upper-left and a list of total number of Crates, Chests, and Materials and Loot items will appear by type.
This manifest will NOT total the actual contents or their worth in gold, but it is helpful in telling a pirate what kind of plunder they're pulling in.
Note: You will not get any of your plundered loot containers if you teleport to someone or someplace before you have ported. When you see the list of booty after porting, click 'Take it all!', or click what you want, or you won't get any of it.

Hola. Let me give it a shot trying to explain. Basically some cargo is a "higher tier" then other cargo. If a higher tier is looted from a ship, it will replace the lower tier cargo. The following is the ranking on what will replace what.

Rare Ship Materials = Ship Materials = Loot Skull Chest (these three are the highest and cannot be replaced) > Royal Chest > Loot Chest > Loot Pouch > Treasure Chest > Cargo Crate. The farther right in this list will be replaced by anything to its left.

The short answer is, once your cargo hold is full ( you can see whats inside by clicking on the icon highlighted in the screenshot below) with only Loot Skull Chests, Ship Materials, and Rare Ship Materials, you will be completely full ( you can no longer replace any of the loot in your cargo hold).

This is why people will stay out longer even after the cargo hold looks full, there is still room for better items. Hope this helps, and Good Luck!

forum help.jpg
(where you check your current cargo. Once its filled with only Skull Chests, Ship Materials, and Rare Ship Materials, you're full!)

Hola. Let me give it a shot trying to explain. Basically some cargo is a "higher tier" then other cargo. If a higher tier is looted from a ship, it will replace the lower tier cargo. The following is the ranking on what will replace what.

Rare Ship Materials = Ship Materials = Loot Skull Chest (these three are the highest and cannot be replaced) > Royal Chest > Loot Chest > Loot Pouch > Treasure Chest > Cargo Crate. The farther right in this list will be replaced by anything to its left.

The short answer is, once your cargo hold is full ( you can see whats inside by clicking on the icon highlighted in the screenshot below) with only Loot Skull Chests, Ship Materials, and Rare Ship Materials, you will be completely full ( you can no longer replace any of the loot in your cargo hold).

This is why people will stay out longer even after the cargo hold looks full, there is still room for better items. Hope this helps, and Good Luck!

View attachment 115988(where you check your current cargo. Once its filled with only Skull Chests, Ship Materials, and Rare Ship Materials, you're full!)
Alright sweet. Thank you. I got it now

Back