Mature section but without the X-Rating?

I also have a good idea. Make it so players can go into their game and turn Speedchat Plus on or off. So that way the people who WANT to see the red filtered words who are of age, can. And the people who are not interested in such things can leave it off and will just see Arr and Yarr and all that. Though I would still highly prohibit excessive cussing, drama, as well as racism and intentionally offensive conversations in nature

This way you can satisfy both sides at the same time :bounce:

This would also be similar to how Disney had it setup in regards that people who wanted it, who are of age can enable it in their account, whereas people who didn't or who werent allowed, did not get it.

I also have a good idea. Make it so players can go into their game and turn Speedchat Plus on or off. So that way the people who WANT to see the red filtered words who are of age, can. And the people who are not interested in such things can leave it off and will just see Arr and Yarr and all that. Though I would still highly prohibit excessive cussing, drama, as well as racism and intentionally offensive conversations in nature

This way you can satisfy both sides at the same time :bounce:

This would also be similar to how Disney had it setup in regards that people who wanted it, who are of age can enable it in their account, whereas people who didn't or who werent allowed, did not get it.
Just so you know, this thread is about the PF site, not TLOPO :)

@Davy Darkrage What would be your thoughts on this?
I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the idea, but it is not something that is currently under consideration. Moderating the forums has already become more difficult in recent times. Though a zero-tolerance policy and invite-only system for a mature forum would help to alleviate things in that regard, it still comes with issues that I don't feel we want to tackle at this time. We may revisit this at some point in the future.

My current recommendation for people wishing to discuss more mature topics (with less restrictions) is to seek out other online communities which are built for that sort of thing. Anyone may invite their PF friends to participate in such a community if they wish.

I appreciate the thoughtfulness of the idea, but it is not something that is currently under consideration. Moderating the forums has already become more difficult in recent times. Though a zero-tolerance policy and invite-only system for a mature forum would help to alleviate things in that regard, it still comes with issues that I don't feel we want to tackle at this time. We may revisit this at some point in the future.

My current recommendation for people wishing to discuss more mature topics (with less restrictions) is to seek out other online communities which are built for that sort of thing. Anyone may invite their PF friends to participate in such a community if they wish.
That seems fair.

A clever way to avoid having to moderate ingame if you did do such a thing would be to create a list of words that automatically trigger a warning and then have it ban upon further offenses..

As for moderating a forum, I think the forums should stay non mature and clean as they are, since we are on the forums to meet each other and socialize about the game and not bring such stuff to the table, but ingame its more about fun and freedom so I feel there its needed but here it isn't. Zero tolerance in that regard is perfectly logical.

Old thread, but could it be possible to add a new subforum that people can only access if they are a certain age? Like, there could be teen subforum for people who are between the ages of 13-17 and an adult subforum for people who are over 18. People under those ages wouldn't be allowed in that section. That way, most younger members wouldn't be exposed to inappropriate content. The rules in those sections could be less lenient, but there can be a limit on what can be said.

Old thread, but could it be possible to add a new subforum that people can only access if they are a certain age? Like, there could be teen subforum for people who are between the ages of 13-17 and an adult subforum for people who are over 18. People under those ages wouldn't be allowed in that section. That way, most younger members wouldn't be exposed to inappropriate content. The rules in those sections could be less lenient, but there can be a limit on what can be said.
Can they, Yes. will they add it, I'd say no.

Whenever I come on here I feel like I'm going back to elementary school. I'm not saying its because of the younger kids in the community, but because of the restrictions we have against using mature language. It's an online forum. You can't just live in a bubble for your entire childhood, especially when you're on the internet. Yeah, i definitely undestand why derogatory and demeaning words would be banned, but come on, I can't say "lm*o" in irc without being banned? Really?

just my 2 cents

edit: also you can't say "lm*o" but theres a staff member named "mfwass"
ok sure

Whenever I come on here I feel like I'm going back to elementary school. I'm not saying its because of the younger kids in the community, but because of the restrictions we have against using mature language. It's an online forum. You can't just live in a bubble for your entire childhood, especially when you're on the internet. Yeah, i definitely undestand why derogatory and demeaning words would be banned, but come on, I can't say "lm*o" in irc without being banned? Really?

just my 2 cents

ok sure
That's because his name is @Mike Wass. Also, why do we need to use derogatory and demeaning words to get our point across? We're all getting along well without it, I see no benefit there. Just more policing work for the mods.

just my 2 cents

ok sure
Let me just say that - as an adult - I was basically told to F_Off! by someone known quite readily online (whom misunderstood my intention) and through that specific circumstance a DEEP wedge nearly existed between myself, those whom overly supported this person, and this ex-POTCO community to the point to where I was almost driven to give everyone and their sister "the bird." :type:

*In this day and age and between one generation and another @Ivan, words do matter and it's hard lesson for some people to learn if their own experience in this life is just beginning (misunderstanding that when said words are used it reflects your 'overall' state-of-mind and lack of maturity).

I believe that this would cause issues because it is easy to create a character with spurious information.

Back