Discussion May 26th, Dead man tell no tales....

I saw it tonight as well. Loved it. Cried at one point a bit. ;) Those of you who have seen it know where.

But, yes. You have to stay till the credits have rolled. There is a bonus scene. Movies have been doing this a lot, and if you remember there was a bonus scene at the end of the previous two POTC movies as well.

iirc, there are suppose to be a couple more POTC movies, but if it does end here, this would be a good end. However... well, that would lead to a spoiler, and I'm not going to do that to anyone.

I did love Uncle Jack. Also, was that Teague in the very wide brimmed hat standing behind young Jack in the flash back? OH and did anyone else notice the name of the ship in the flashback??!! We all know it very well...

Just saw it tonight. Loved it, but I need to see it a few more times to take everything in.

My current (tentative) ranking of the films goes like this:
  1. Dead Man's Chest
  2. The Curse of the Black Pearl
  3. At World's End/Dead Men Tell No Tales (can't decide yet which one I like better)
  4. On Stranger Tides
I personally think this one ended perfectly and that it should be the end of the Pirates movie franchise. I really don't want them to try another and risk screwing things up (I have the same fear for the Toy Story franchise).
If they've been enforcing the title "The Final Adventure Begins" on the TV spots and trailers, there's a good chance there may be a 6th. The cast and directors were planning to shoot back-to-back both the 5th and the 6th, but for unknown reason, only the 5th was being worked on. For those who know what the post-credits scene consists of, I think there should be one last film to wrap everything up. What was revealed in that scene needs more explanation and can't really just end there in my personal opinion.

Just saw it. I am extremely pleased. Other than the one blaring contradiction to what has been stated in a previous movie and one scene that was almost painful to watch because it was simply out of nowhere, the movie was AWESOME! I have to admit I cried. They did a great job of tying everything together.

Just saw it. I am extremely pleased. Other than the one blaring contradiction to what has been stated in a previous movie and one scene that was almost painful to watch because it was simply out of nowhere, the movie was AWESOME! I have to admit I cried. They did a great job of tying everything together.
Can you please private message the scene that you didn't like? (so no one is spoiled) I'm curious.

I have a feeling I might know which scene you're talking about. Mind sending me a private message out of curiosity?

Saw it. My POV just like all other Disney movies... Nothing good or bad people who find these emotional are odd....

Saw it. My POV just like all other Disney movies... Nothing good or bad people who find these emotional are odd....

There is absolutely nothing odd with having a connection to a character or group of characters in either a movie, book or a tv show that would cause someone to have some sort of emotion when something happens on screen, paper or on tv. Movies, shows, books, music... it's all art and are all suppose to draw out the emotions of people. If they do not, then they do not serve their purpose. Art imitates life. When art does not bring out an emotion in a person, whether anger, envy, sadness, joy, or any other emotion, then that art is not truly art.

I'm honestly wondering how in the world you claimed to have seen it already. The whole time that I spent in the movie theater, you were on here posting things. You've been posting things here through my time in the theater, on the drive home, and since I've been home for well... going on 3 hours now almost. I doubt you've seen it.

There is also absolutely no reason to degrade someone for having any sort of feeling toward any form of art. If you, sir, feel nothing when watching, reading or listening to anything, then you lack a heart. And I have absolutely no clue as to why you'd be a part of this forums, a part of POTCO nor a part of TLOPO if you do not have any sort of feelings toward any of these characters that we here have loved since The Curse of the Black Pearl. I do believe that everyone here are here because they 1. loved POTCO and 2. love the POTC movies.

I use to love potc and potco till I found out about what really is happening with TLOPO after a good talk with a friend.

This is no excuse for posting so much negativity toward anyone here or toward TLOPO on these forums. And this is not the thread to discuss it either. This thread is about the movie and has nothing to do with TLOPO itself.

Please get back on topic. And from now on, if you or anyone else has anything negative to say about something, take it to a pm. No more hijacking threads.

I'm surprised you like Dead Man's Chest the most.
It just has so many scenes that I love, such as the introduction of Davy Jones and the Dutchman, all of the Isla Cruces scenes, the introduction of Tia Dalma, Barbossa coming back, the Kraken, etc.

But, yes. You have to stay till the credits have rolled. There is a bonus scene. Movies have been doing this a lot, and if you remember there was a bonus scene at the end of the previous two POTC movies as well.
Actually all of the Pirates films have had post-credit scenes. Curse of the Black Pearl was Jack the Monkey taking a piece of the cursed gold from the Aztec chest, and Dead Man's Chest was the jail dog as chief of the Pelegostos tribe.

Other than the one blaring contradiction to what has been stated in a previous movie and one scene that was almost painful to watch because it was simply out of nowhere
Yep, both of those things bothered me, but not enough to taint my feelings about the rest of the movie :)

It just has so many scenes that I love, such as the introduction of Davy Jones and the Dutchman, all of the Isla Cruces scenes, the introduction of Tia Dalma, Barbossa coming back, the Kraken, etc.

Actually all of the Pirates films have had post-credit scenes. Curse of the Black Pearl was Jack the Monkey taking a piece of the cursed gold from the Aztec chest, and Dead Man's Chest was the jail dog as chief of the Pelegostos tribe.

Yep, both of those things bothered me, but not enough to taint my feelings about the rest of the movie :)
Well, I'm only going to see POTC 5 because of Paul McCartney...

Sorry to disappoint you deyyard but his role is very very small. Jason I do agree that POTC 2 had a lot of entertaining scenes. I love the mill wheel, Isla Cruces scenes and battle. The kraken of course is fun to watch too. I might have to redo my rating again.

1. The Curse Of The Black Pearl
2. Dead Man's Chest/At Worlds End
3. Dead Men Tell No Tales (It might be higher simply because of the ending)
4. On Stranger Tides

Saw the movie last night and it was great i think there will be 2 parts to this movie not sure yet it was better than the 4th one and 2nd i wished they had Penélope Cruz she was the only good thing that happen in the last movie i hope there won't be another movie it ended good if there will be another one ill go see it for sure if they have jack sparrow in it cause it wont be the same without jack sparrow other than that it was a good movie i do have a few complaint about this movie but i'm not going to spoil anything on here

Here is my favorite movies from the POTC franchise

1. The curse of the black pearl
2. st worlds end
3. dead Mans chest
4. dead men tell no tales
5. on stranger tides

Saw the movie last night and it was great i think there will be 2 parts to this movie not sure yet it was better than the 4th one and 2nd i wished they had Penélope Cruz she was the only good thing that happen in the last movie i hope there won't be another movie it ended good if there will be another one ill go see it for sure if they have jack sparrow in it cause it wont be the same without jack sparrow other than that it was a good movie i do have a few complaint about this movie but i'm not going to spoil anything on here
Feel free to PM me about your complaints. I'd love to discuss the film with somebody.

Back