Discussion May 26th, Dead man tell no tales....

Let us never speak of On Stranger Tides again. It never happened. It's a myth, like ice.
I liked the movie. It certainly had issues, and I really wish they'd tone it down a bit with some of the absurd comedy. Let's just say there is one seriously weak link in the movie that really lessened the experience for me. As for the post credits scene, I regrettably drank too much water during the film and missed it.
If I had to rank them, it'd be something like:

1. At World's End
2. Curse of the Black Pearl
3. Dead Men Tell No Tales
4. Dead Man's Chest
∞. On Stranger Tides
On Stranger Tides is my least favorite, but it's still a good movie! Blackbeard and Barbossa alone make the film worth watching.

I was very impressed with the production quality and script of POTC 5. One thing I found myself reflecting on was how film-making has grown within the last decade - it was interesting to compare Curse of the Black Pearl with Dead Men Tell No Tales in terms of acting, scripting, and overall graphics/cinematography.

I fell in love with the script almost immediately - the level of comedy included is implicit to this franchise only. While the ending might have seemed cliche to those unfamiliar with the POTC series, I found myself getting rather emotional as everything culminated at the end.

The ending credits teaser had me forming all sorts of theories, though - which I won't disclose until later to avoid spoilers to anyone else.

Overall, I was beaming wildly throughout the entire movie. It was refreshing to see all of our favorite actors again and I patiently await the next movie with much excitement!

I was very impressed with the production quality and script of POTC 5. One thing I found myself reflecting on was how film-making has grown within the last decade - it was interesting to compare Curse of the Black Pearl with Dead Men Tell No Tales in terms of acting, scripting, and overall graphics/cinematography.

I fell in love with the script almost immediately - the level of comedy included is implicit to this franchise only. While the ending might have seemed cliche to those unfamiliar with the POTC series, I found myself getting rather emotional as everything culminated at the end.

The ending credits teaser had me forming all sorts of theories, though - which I won't disclose until later to avoid spoilers to anyone else.

Overall, I was beaming wildly throughout the entire movie. It was refreshing to see all of our favorite actors again and I patiently await the next movie with much excitement!
I agree with you. The only think I really didn't like was the continuity error raised during the flashback scene.

While I thought POTC5 was very entertaining, enjoyable and fun, I did have many gripes with the movie, mainly regarding characterization and the lack of complex, layered plots like the first 3 movies had. However, I think my biggest disappointment was Johnny Depp's portrayal of Jack Sparrow. I felt like it was a bit ... "off." I have seen the original trilogy very recently, so it was even more pronounced to me than usual.

I could go on about what I found disappointing in this film, but I don't want to be too much of a downer. In the end, I still had fun watching it.

Order:

1. Curse of the Black Pearl
2. Dead Man's Chest
3. At World's End
4. Dead Men Tell No Tales
5. On Stranger Tides

Does anyone know where to find official merch other than the Disney Store? I have been hunting, but have been unable to find anything other than the funko pops.

I've gotten a few DMTNT shirts from eBay as well.

I was emotional over the ending of the movie. I'm glad to see some others felt the same..

Yep, there's some cool stuff online too :D
So nothing other than what is sold from the Disney Store and round about ebay stuff. I was hoping for accessories and stuff like they had for On Stranger Tides. I finally am old enough to have a job and money of my own and wanted to actually support the franchise. But I am not one for Tshirts. But I will say that the lego Silent Mary will be mine.

So nothing other than what is sold from the Disney Store and round about ebay stuff. I was hoping for accessories and stuff like they had for On Stranger Tides. I finally am old enough to have a job and money of my own and wanted to actually support the franchise. But I am not one for Tshirts. But I will say that the lego Silent Mary will be mine.
Pirates of the Caribbean has always been terrible with merchandise, really

What type of accessories..?
I mean I have a pirate Mickey on my car antennae lol. I have keychains, toys (don't judge me), bags, stuff like that.

Guess this has gotten off-topic...sorry OP. lol

While I thought POTC5 was very entertaining, enjoyable and fun, I did have many gripes with the movie, mainly regarding characterization and the lack of complex, layered plots like the first 3 movies had. However, I think my biggest disappointment was Johnny Depp's portrayal of Jack Sparrow. I felt like it was a bit ... "off." I have seen the original trilogy very recently, so it was even more pronounced to me than usual.

I could go on about what I found disappointing in this film, but I don't want to be too much of a downer. In the end, I still had fun watching it.

Order:

1. Curse of the Black Pearl
2. Dead Man's Chest
3. At World's End
4. Dead Men Tell No Tales
5. On Stranger Tides
There's actually a reason Jack was "off" through the first half of the movie. If you recall the conversation between Barbossa and Shansa, you'll know what I'm talking about.

There's actually a reason Jack was "off" through the first half of the movie. If you recall the conversation between Barbossa and Shansa, you'll know what I'm talking about.

I thought he was just sort of "off" the entire time, though. Like Depp was trying too hard to be funny?

I thought he was just sort of "off" the entire time, though. Like Depp was trying too hard to be funny?
I thought towards the end, especially when they reached the final island, he was back to the same old Jack. Maybe Depp was overacting, but none of it really bothered me.

I definitely liked the movie as a whole better the second time seeing it. I now rank it solidly in third place.

Back