Discussion May 26th, Dead man tell no tales....

My biggest problem (though I really enjoyed the movie) was that the whole time Jack was just drunk. He was not at all heroic. He didn't do anything that made him seem important. He just sat their the whole movie luckily escaping bad situations. He watched as others did heroic things. In EVERY other POTC movie Jack does something heroic or important.

1. The Curse of the Black Pearl: Shoots Barbossa after an epic fight.
2. Dead Man's Chest: Gives up his life to the Kraken
3. At World's End: Stabs Davy Jones (resulting in Will Turners coming back to life as the Captain of the Dutchman)
4. On Stranger Tides: Saves Barbossa and himself from the Spanish camp/Saves Angelica while killing Blackbeard.
5. Dead Men Tell No Tales: ?
Well, he did save Henry from being attacked by the ghost sharks and pushed Carina out of the way when an enraged Henry controlled by Salazar was running towards them, but I guess those are just minor saves and not really major.

Well, he did save Henry from being attacked by the ghost sharks and pushed Carina out of the way when an enraged Henry controlled by Salazar was running towards them, but I guess those are just minor saves and not really major.
Yeah he didn't do anything major. If Jack wasn't In this movie it would be less funny but that really it. He didn't "really change the outcome of anything."

I meant a timeline more specific to the events in just the movies. And mostly just wanted to see how On Stranger Tides and the beginning of Dead Men Tell no Tales fits into the gap between At World's End and the rest of Dead Men Tell no Tales.

According to the official comic book adaptation, Dead Men Tell No Tales is set just one year after On Stranger Tides. The official novelization says Henry was 12 when he told Will Turner about the Trident, and the rest of the movie is set nine years later, which means Dead Men Tell No Tales is set twenty-one years and nine months after the battle of Calypso's maelstrom in At World's End.

Back